Author Topic: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!  (Read 1680438 times)

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: Tips, Tricks, and Newb Questions!
« Reply #17280 on: July 16, 2017, 09:00:50 PM »
So a couple of things
1. Can a magazine have a reload one tag and actually work and if it does does it apply to when said magazine is loaded inside the weapon in question? I ask as I want to make a magazine for the pneumatic bolt driver that when loaded into the weapon will still allow you to reload it like the normal bolt driver.
2. I don't know which mod this is from but I have found a P-223 Rifle scope that has a sight dispersion stat of -15 but when added to a weapon sight dispersion does not change at all. So does sight dispersion not follow the same rules as regular dispersion and can any weapon have a negative dispersion stat, sight or regular?

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #17281 on: July 17, 2017, 02:35:37 AM »
So a couple of things
1. Can a magazine have a reload one tag and actually work and if it does does it apply to when said magazine is loaded inside the weapon in question? I ask as I want to make a magazine for the pneumatic bolt driver that when loaded into the weapon will still allow you to reload it like the normal bolt driver.
2. I don't know which mod this is from but I have found a P-223 Rifle scope that has a sight dispersion stat of -15 but when added to a weapon sight dispersion does not change at all. So does sight dispersion not follow the same rules as regular dispersion and can any weapon have a negative dispersion stat, sight or regular?

1. This sounds familiar but I am by no means particularly knowledgeable in this area. I think this can be done, or alternatively that the weapon can have an 'internal' magazine if you are only loading 1 round. There were a lot of discussions about this when they changed the game mechanics to allow actual mags in the game. Then more as it was tweaked and fixed to actually be useable. I am not actually sure how it works exactly now, noly that it is a much better simulation of real life loading then it was before, and thus easier to understand in-game.

2.Well. Now I just don't know. It sounds like something where there should be a stat modifier/ modified stat in parenthesis off to the side or something but I don't think that is how it was handled.

It may be a case of unable to make the weapon any more/less accurate at sight dispersion than its base stats, ammunition being used, your perception/dex skills or even focus preventing any usefull gain etc... though it should still show up on the weapons stats.

Sorry I can't be more helpful
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline hdggDalton

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
ghosts and wraiths house
« Reply #17282 on: July 17, 2017, 05:54:12 AM »
Hey everyone,

one of my runs just got cut short (on day 2), because when I found a boarded house in a forest that was uncharted, I decided to go inside and break down the windows because I thought it was a nice place to live in... surprise, there are ghosts and wraiths. I decided to fight them with a 2 by four because after I punched a ghost, I got shocked. Although the wraith kept regenerating by using the darkness, even after I broke the windows and let light in. After a while, they start saying things like "We don't want to hurt you" and "Join us" or something like that. Then they took away my vision, so I could only see 10 tiles. I thought they broke my eyeglasses, but no, apparently I am doomed to be legally blind. Then I decided to commit suicide (Q) because I didn't see how my vision could come back.

What was that about?!? It's like a ghost house, but there are no ghostbusters to call in the cataclysm. I think I should just stay away from these uncharted places... Another good run of mine as a taekwondo black belt convict ended because I tripped on a landmine near an uncharted wooden... castle?
stop! sledgehammer time!

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17283 on: July 17, 2017, 08:04:02 AM »
Ok yeah in regards to my previous questions I tried messing with a sight mod from a mod based on what I saw in the vanilla jsons. There was a tag called DISABLE_SIGHTS which I applied to the sight in question but instead of changing the sight dispersion to 30 it instead changed it to 600. I have no idea how this works at all apparently. The mod in question is Cataclysm ++.
Also do the DISABLE SIGHTS  actually do anything?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 08:08:46 AM by DeWolf »

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17284 on: July 17, 2017, 10:04:45 AM »
Also do the DISABLE SIGHTS  actually do anything?

Every gun has integrated sights. Those will not be used if it also has a mod with DISABLE_SIGHTS.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17285 on: July 17, 2017, 03:06:48 PM »
I imagine but what would that result in? Does it mean that the weapons owns sights no longer count towards sight dispersion or what, I am trying to understand how the gun sight mod system works.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 03:12:54 PM by DeWolf »

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17286 on: July 17, 2017, 04:22:19 PM »
Every gun sight has two stats: lowest dispersion (sight dispersion) and aim time.
Lowest aim time out of all available sight is used. A sight is available if current aim dispersion (internally named recoil) is above its lowest dispersion, unless it is disabled.

So if you have a rifle scope (high aim time, low dispersion) and a laser sight (low aim time, high dispersion), you will have low aim time until you reach high stability, then it will slow down to rifle scope time.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17287 on: July 17, 2017, 05:24:55 PM »
So the scope changes the guns stat number to 0 but until aim time applies to that it uses the sight aim time of the other items, laser sight, rail laser sight and if it was mounted on a different location I imagine the survivor laser sight from cataclysm ++ mod and I imagine that the disable sights replaces the sight dispersion stat of the base weapon with that of the sight mod item in this case the rifle scope. So what happened when I added the sight disable tag to the survivor laser sight that caused that mod to change sight dispersion to 600 in stead of the items stat which is 30?

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17288 on: July 17, 2017, 06:03:43 PM »
a laser sight isn't actually a 'sight'. it's just a laser that points straight forward which increases speed of 'sighting in'. it has no 'sight dispersion' stat of it's own, so by disabling sight with it you just made it switch to "no sight" mode, which is 600.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17289 on: July 17, 2017, 06:44:50 PM »
a laser sight isn't actually a 'sight'. it's just a laser that points straight forward which increases speed of 'sighting in'. it has no 'sight dispersion' stat of it's own, so by disabling sight with it you just made it switch to "no sight" mode, which is 600.
Typically yes as the other laser sight mods are either applied to the under barreled or rail slots however the survivor laser sight from the cataclysm ++ mod takes up the sight slot. So unless any item with the word laser in its name automatically gets that attribute I don't know what happens. Also 600 is the maximum weapon sight dispersion stat? I figured that weapon stats in this game would have a pretty ludicrous upper limit or is that just the default no sights available dispersion?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:46:52 PM by DeWolf »

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17290 on: July 17, 2017, 07:03:51 PM »
All sights (except the one that comes with the gun itself) are treated the same regardless of their slot. Underbarrel laser sight is not any different than scope, except for the visible stats and the slot it occupies.
Sights only differ by the shown stats and by having or not having the sight disabling flag. The sight disabling flag only affects the base gun sights, not any mod sights.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17291 on: July 17, 2017, 08:06:01 PM »
Ok so then why exactly when I add disable sights despite the gun mod in question have a sight dispersion stat that when I give it the disable sights tag it makes the sight dispersion600 instead of the sight in questions stat? I know I asked this but the answer I got didn't really answer why it changes to 600 instead of 30.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17292 on: July 17, 2017, 09:19:03 PM »
becasue you disabled sights... you can't use sights you have disabled. Even without any mods most commercial guns irl have iron sights. Perhaps I am misunderstanding or am too lacking in in-game gun knowledge but if the gun is using NO sights, then you are essentially just hip firing. VERY inacurate.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Online DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17293 on: July 17, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
becasue you disabled sights... you can't use sights you have disabled. Even without any mods most commercial guns irl have iron sights. Perhaps I am misunderstanding or am too lacking in in-game gun knowledge but if the gun is using NO sights, then you are essentially just hip firing. VERY inacurate.
The idea is the sight I am attaching to the gun replaces the weapons iron sights. What is happening as far as I understand it apparently this rules does not affect any weapon mod with the word laser in it.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17294 on: July 17, 2017, 09:34:42 PM »
I would think it would target anything with laser in the name. If it is disabling sights, it would be ones that require batteries to operate. It is rather difficult to disable iron sights, or a scope.