Author Topic: Sinking Zombies  (Read 393 times)

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Sinking Zombies
« on: January 18, 2017, 09:32:26 AM »
Following distant sound, zombies roam the abandoned land. They smash houses, and bash down trees, and destroy cars with their flesh arms – some are blown away by explosion, but more move on – but now they come to the bank of river.

One by one they jump into the water, like migrating zebra. Unlike living animal, they cannot swim and just sink to the bottom. Submerged zombies lose track of the sound on land, and aimlessly move underwater.

Thus, river and sea gradually collect all zombies.

Offline Shopkeeper

• Survivor
  • Boy, have I got a deal for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Sinking Zombies
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 02:43:46 PM »
Then they evolve into Swimmer Zombies.

Offline Kadian

• Survivor
  • ...the shadows cutting deeper...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 10:46:55 AM »
I know from experience that Zombies underwater still react to sound above, as long as its relatively close-by. Ever drove over a bridge and accidentally crashed into a car on it? I can guarantee you that there will be hordes of zombies comin out of the water, at least if you're unlucky enough to find a place where zombies...'drowned' .

There is also the thing with hordes - Hordes can be above water tiles, if I recall correctly, and they should 'eat up' all the zombies underwater and add them to it's zombie-pool, making the horde in the process bigger.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 10:06:05 PM »
It's a nice story, but it kind of breaks the game, so we'll have to assume it doesn't work like that :)
The simplest thing is if zombes avoid entering water.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!