Poll

What should the name of the first character be? (Top Choices listed below)

Annabelle
Alexa
Anarwaen
Andie
Antonio

Author Topic: New Series  (Read 723 times)

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
New Series
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »
Hey guys, I'm a streamer on a very small twitch channel. I'd love for you guys to come check out my work. On January 20th I will be starting a brand new series, with a brand new character, in a brand new world of Cataclysm dda. If you'd like to join me on this adventure visit Twitch and look for:" blazinthewok " without the quotes. Make sure you click notifications on so you know when I'm going live!

The series will focus on telling the story of not only a single characters life, but the world itself! If you want to suggest a name for the world just tweet @xTheWokx your suggestions and I'll pick the best one! You can also tweet names for the first character. I hope this will be a long series and it might even involve multiple different characters. Hope to see you there, and as always your support means the world to me.

Those who join the stream as it happens will get to make decisions that influence the story of the character's lives, and get to see live and in real time the results of our decisions for better or for worse! We will be using some custom modifications as well as some of the mods included with Cataclysm, including some custom items, mobs, NPC's, etc created specifically for this series! Follow my twitter/Twitch to be eligible to name items/mobs/npcs/characters.

I am considering transferring the videos over to my youtube channel for your viewing pleasure in case you miss the streams, however the episodes may end up being edited down due to time constraints! This community is probably the best one on the internet, and I hope that my efforts will entertain and provide hours and hours of enjoyment for you guys. It is my way to hopefully give back to you guys, both the devs who work hard to maintain and update this game, and the players who keep it interesting!

Thank you guys for allowing me to be a part of this community and I hope to see you all at my streams! (Streams are normally M-F 10 AM - 3/4PM CST, evenings are difficult due to real life but if you turn notifications on you will receive a message when I do start streaming so you won't miss the evening/off hour streams! The January 19th stream is postponed due to appointments and RL.)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 11:19:36 AM by The Wok »

Offline DeclanFrost

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: New Series
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
Nice to see cdda getting some attention from streamers and youtubers. I'll try to watch when I can. +1
Ironically there are more pimps in garages than wrenches.

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 08:41:49 AM »
Nice to see cdda getting some attention from streamers and youtubers. I'll try to watch when I can. +1

Thanks so much.

The series starts today, but there's still time to help name our character! If interested just vote in the poll. Haven't had any suggestions for the name of our world, if you'd like to offer a suggestion just tweet @xTheWokx with the name. Hope to see a lot of you guys there today.

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 03:50:49 PM »
The day is here going live in 10 minutes at: https://www.twitch.tv/blazinthewok Come check out the show!

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 08:27:21 PM »
Thank you to all those who came to the stream! I hope you enjoyed Anarwaen's first few days in the Cataclysm! That damn truck is going to get fixed up, and then we're going to see about acquiring enough ordinance to take down the zombie eating creature. I don't know if I'll be able to sneak in a stream this weekend, but Anarwaen will be back January 23rd, same bat time, same bat channel! So if you missed the first episode you will get another chance to join the fun! Thanks again for everything and hope you all have a great weekend.

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »
Streams goes live in 30 minutes! Would love to have you stop by and check it out! Episode 2 will hopefully see Anarwaen figure out her purpose in the Cataclysm. What's an Elf to do? Tune in to find out!

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 02:43:29 AM »
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out to check out the stream for any length of time. Your support means the world to me. We finally got that dang truck running, now to start building and transforming our base into something more than an old bunker! Anarwaen's got a lot of work ahead of her and you can join me on January 25th to check out episode 3! After our run in with the eater of the undead, Anarwaen's getting her base set up so she can look into just what caused all of this. How will she react when she uncovers the truth? The only way to find out is to watch!

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 04:37:47 PM »
Episode 3 is live over at https://www.twitch.tv/blazinthewok ! Come check it out and say hey. :)

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 07:44:21 PM »
Thank you everyone for your support and coming out to check out my stream. I feel like I get new viewers every time I stream this game and that means so much to me. Once again, I can't say it enough but your support both as viewers and everyone who comes together to make Cataclysm DDA the game that it is appreciated more than you guys can ever know. So even if you've only popped in for a little bit, or caught a few minutes at the end of a stream, thank you. I'll keep striving to make my channel a fun place for you guys to hang out with entertaining content and lots of laughs. The Ninja Army is growing and I can't help but notice it's mostly coming from this community. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

If you didn't get a chance to make the stream today, you missed the announcement that once again tomorrow I have some VA business to take care of and am not sure how long it will take. HOPEFULLY it won't take all day and I'll be able to get some time in to stream for you guys. If not, we'll pick up on Friday at the usual time with a continuation of our Planet Explorers adventure! Fear not, because Cataclysm Season 1 Episode 4 will resume once again Monday January 30th!

Anarwaen has found a new place more suitable for an elf to call home. We'll be doing our best Stardew Valley impersonation Cataclysm style as we fix up the ranch and make our home for the Cataclysm. Once we've set up the ranch and moved everything over, we'll begin our mission to acquire some living and breathing friends to man the ranch with us that can hopefully read! We'll need all the help we can get as we've found some Science ID cards and the secrets of the lab await us! What will Anarwaen do when she finds out why the Cataclysm happened? You'll have to tune in to find out!

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2017, 05:50:29 AM »
Hey guys!

The Wok here, wanting to give a special thanks to you guys again for all your support. I also wanted to remind everyone that this Monday January 30th we will resume our adventures with Anarwaen! We'll see how ranch life pans out a la Stardew Valley Cataclysm DDA style! Still on the lookout for living, breathing, friends to join us on the ranch! Hope to see you guys there. :)

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »
Going live with Anarwaen on her new ranch! Come check out the fun now! https://www.twitch.tv/blazinthewok

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 08:27:52 AM »
Hey guys just an update on the series!

I haven't forgotten about Anarwaen. I have my last meeting of the week with the VA Friday so I haven't been able to stream much. Things should slow down again and to make things up, next week is going to be dedicated to Cataclysm DDA! So we'll pick up where we left off with Anarwaen who has a pretty nice ranch setup! After she loads the truck up and re-arms herself for war, the militant Elf is going to delve into the depths of the lab in an attempt to discover what caused the Cataclysm!

I will try to stream this weekend as well so if you follow my Twitch make sure to turn notifications on so you can catch the impromptu streams! Thank you all again for all of your support.

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 05:17:27 AM »
Hey guys!

Monday February 6th help me welcome Anarwaen back to the Cataclysm DDA! That's right! A guaranteed Cataclysm stream! I can't wait to get back in there and see what happens when Anarwaen descends into the lab! Thank you all for your support, and I hope you'll continue the adventure with me! As promised every stream this week will be Cataclysm DDA to make up for last week's busy schedule.

Drop on by over at https://www.twitch.tv/blazinthewok and hit that follow button, and turn on notifications so you don't miss a minute of the stream! Hope to see some familiar and new faces! You guys rock!

Offline The Wok

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 08:46:59 PM »
What a crazy turn of events!

To avoid spoilers today's stream had some pretty crazy moments! That being said I'll be back tomorrow to see what happens next! Big thanks to all the returning AND fresh faces! This community is by far the best on the internet. Here's to many more streams! Don't forget I'll be doing a giveaway once we reach 50 followers! If you missed the stream you can catch the past broadcast. See you guys soon!