Author Topic: Android Version  (Read 4304 times)

Offline BigD145

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Android Version
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2017, 12:19:42 AM »
Well now. This is quite nice. I'll poke some buttons for you.

So far so good running on a Xiaomi Redmi. It boots better after removing the gfx folder.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:31:31 AM by BigD145 »

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2017, 01:02:41 AM »
Yeah currently that black screen on startup is where the game is loading in the tile sheets, applying effects + splitting them up into individual tiles in memory. I might be able to optimize that flow a little bit, though I think most of it will have to sit behind a progress bar unfortunately, it just takes quite a while on Android to do that stuff.

Offline hatcher

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2017, 06:51:54 AM »
Its already working ~5 times faster,  than Cata launched from Exagear (wine emulator)
15 sec. loading, holy huck.
You're my hero.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:37:19 PM by hatcher »

Offline mentos046

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2017, 10:18:17 PM »
Thank you for making this, it sounds brilliant. I have a problem, though.
I downloaded the APK and moved it from my computer to my tablet (a Fire 5th Generation) then installed it. When I attempt to boot the application it stays on a black screen for about 10 seconds then returns to the home screen with the list of applications. What am I doing wrong? Is my tablet just not powerful enough to run it?

Offline TheMightyHercules

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 12:05:37 AM »
(click to show/hide)

All shits aside, I am SO happy that there's finally an Android version. Now I can finally kill zombies away from my computer!

Not like I haven't been doing that already IRL... I mean wait what?

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2017, 03:02:36 AM »
Thank you for making this, it sounds brilliant. I have a problem, though.
I downloaded the APK and moved it from my computer to my tablet (a Fire 5th Generation) then installed it. When I attempt to boot the application it stays on a black screen for about 10 seconds then returns to the home screen with the list of applications. What am I doing wrong? Is my tablet just not powerful enough to run it?
It could be out of memory - it needs about ~400MB free to run. One trick you can try is deleting the gfx folder here:
/sdcard/Android/com.MichaelDavies.CataclysmDDA/files/gfx

This will force it to use ascii and not attempt to load any tilesets into memory.

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 03:06:49 AM »
Top fucking shelf my man! Runs fine on ASUS zen phone 2

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 05:56:11 AM »
Whoops, forgot to mention my phone in case it's pertinent, Galaxy Note5, runs better than on my laptop :P
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2017, 07:23:52 AM »
Is it possible to play in landscape mode?

Offline Adragis029

• Zombie Food
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2017, 07:51:27 AM »
Is it possible to play in landscape mode?
Yep, just turn your phone the right way around. It does warp the screen a bit if you pull up the onscreen keyboard, though.

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 09:50:01 AM »
Yeah you can play landscape or portrait - just set the terminal size to something appropriate for the screen size.

The screen distortion when you bring up the keyboard can be turned off - I just added it so you could see what you're typing during text input (character name, world name etc). Look under Options > Android > Virtual keyboard screen scale. I could make it so it scales down the screen preserving the aspect ratio (with black bars on either side), that might be a bit nicer perhaps?

Offline KliPeH

• Survivor
  • Master of Savescumming
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2017, 12:29:09 PM »
The screen distortion when you bring up the keyboard can be turned off - I just added it so you could see what you're typing during text input (character name, world name etc). Look under Options > Android > Virtual keyboard screen scale. I could make it so it scales down the screen preserving the aspect ratio (with black bars on either side), that might be a bit nicer perhaps?

We seriously need that kind of dedication on the iOS platform. That port has been abandoned and it saddens me greatly. See if you can do something about that when you've got some time to spare? Pretty please with sugar on top???

Good job on the port though, looks good from what I see in this thread (I have an iPhone). I'm sure your work has been highly appreciated!

Offline hatcher

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2017, 04:18:49 PM »

Only if optional, coz i playing with my trasparent keyboard, its very comfortable and every hotkey close at hand.

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2017, 04:44:23 PM »
Turning my phone does nothing

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 09:45:53 AM »
Is screen lock on? :) It should work in portrait or landscape just by rotating the screen, it has worked on every Android device I've tested on so far.