Author Topic: Android Version  (Read 6257 times)

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Android Version
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »
On an asus zenfone with 4 gigs ram (1.8 available) I recently updated the xotto tileset and pk's rebalance mod. During the Z loading screen I get kicked to my home screen. I also deleted un-used tile sets. Phone becomes very sluggish to respond, after closing cata it's back to normal in about a minute of two.

Offline Kirikman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2017, 07:58:45 PM »
Hi, could you tell me when the update to last build CDDA? And can not you make a special button to clean the buttons from below, because on my phone this damn swipe does not work :D

Offline hatcher

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2017, 09:39:29 AM »
a1studmuffin. Hi. Theres a bunch of new features since your last update, so, could you release a new version based on a latest experimental build? Or tell how to exactly compile it for overwriting. Thx.

By the way, i'd figure it out what's wrong with my installation crash. You was right, it is a tiles issue. More precisely, i deleted all tiles folders, but didn't – png's in the /gfx. So, game didn't find default tiles, then tried to use those garbage tile png's and this caused the launch crash. So lame facepalm.jpg

Offline snow dwarf

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2017, 02:18:01 PM »
Installing on a xiaomi phone. Gonna check it out.
Edit: Damn, this is so awesome!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:53:27 PM by snow dwarf »

Offline Aqma

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2017, 03:16:24 PM »

Snow dwarf, does it work fine on Xiaomi?
Was thinking of maybe trying a Xiaomi phone at some point, but I got a bit cautious as I understand it modifies the android skin quite a bit (I realize it might be just superficial).

Offline snow dwarf

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2017, 10:56:16 PM »

Was thinking of maybe trying a Xiaomi phone at some point, but I got a bit cautious as I understand it modifies the android skin quite a bit (I realize it might be just superficial).
It does worj on xiaomi. If you plan on getting the phone outside of China, you should be alright with installing apps, however it does have a total skin overhaul. I bought the phone in China and had to do a lot of digging in the memory, before I could install apss from Google.

Offline Aqma

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2017, 01:53:19 PM »
Thank you! I'll keep it as an option when I replace my oneplus.

Offline Taerzik

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
    • I'm fixing the world. Would you like to help?
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2017, 06:27:00 PM »
Hey A1.

I've gotten the port to load with Chesthole's standard set on a regular basis on my 1gig mem phone. Loading takes a full minute or so but I like these tiles.
I have had it crash once or twice on chesthole but that's all.
Ask me about:
Machine Intelligence
Robotics
3D Printing
Threat Analysis & Preparation

Offline zer0pol

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2017, 07:56:56 PM »
Hi Michael I created this account for showing support for your work. CDDA desserve for a while an android port ( and a new stable  btw, not even feature freeze today, the process can take a  long time  ) and Im genetically proud a human accomplished this.
 I run it with a LG-K350n ( sold under nickname LG K8 ) with no problem ( 4x1.3GHz proc and 1.5Go RAM ) and its a low end phone. 
I know you read my letter to santa ( I know it ) altought I would never expect to this happened before a new stable, nor with tileset, external keyboard, mods...
I was also impressed by the "autosave on lose focus" feature, and much pleased that I can access/transfert files and folders without a rooted phone.

I encountered some problems, altought i suppose most of them come from experimental build side ( exemple : some food in box dont display properly ) but for my full day test I had zero crash !!
A problem I saw and I think is your side (is somewhat very minor but I mention it ):
- Lose physical keyboard  exept directionnals keys and escape
To reproduce :
- Connect a bluetooth keyboard
- Start a game
- While ingame, switch focus to an other app ( for me, tested with : return to desktop or switch to web navigator )
- Return to game
At tihis point any key exept directions and escape dont work ( shorcut modifications not impacted. EDIT : I mean the modifications done to shorcut are not reverted, but keypress dont work )
To correct user-side :
- Just disconect and reconnect bluetooth keyboard, thats fine
For this minor problem i hve to mention the option "virtual keyboard" in "android" tab is set to auto .

Great work, for sure a lot of gamers will love it. Thanks really, if it was easy it would be done for a while so bravo !
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:00:21 PM by zer0pol »

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2017, 04:58:53 AM »
Have you looked at anything outside the tilesset overhead?  It sounds like that's going to dominate (quick check, run with and without tiles and compare), but there may be some significant bits in the main game code as well.
No, I haven't looked in detail at other areas of the game yet. Every user I've spoken with who had troubles running tiles on Android (usually due to a low-spec device with < 1GB memory) was able to run the game fine in ASCII mode, so I agree that tiles are most likely the biggest culprit, but I haven't verified that. (And if we apply Programmer's Law, the one thing we haven't verified which we're certain is correct has a 99% chance of being incorrect, hehe.)

Also for anyone looking to contribute, the source code + release APKs is now permanently available on GitHub: https://github.com/a1studmuffin/Cataclysm-DDA-Android

sidav: Thanks for the report, I'll see what can be done.

Taerzik: Yeah absolutely smaller tilesets will reduce memory overhead. As you say some people have had success with Hoder's tileset, though it will depend on your device and available memory. Glad you got it working :)

RipRoarinBoogerPenis: Does the same issue persist if you don't delete the unused tilesets? I know Cata will try and revert to a few default tilesets if it can't find the user-chosen tileset, perhaps that's tripping it up. Awesome username btw.

Kirikman: v0.30 (latest) is using 0.C-20819-gc7f9eb7. You can now see the Cataclysm DDA version in use via the GitHub releases page: https://github.com/a1studmuffin/Cataclysm-DDA-Android/releases
Thanks for the feedback about resetting shortcuts too, duly noted.

hatcher: I will do a new experimental update soon. It does take a bit of time to do the update though as I have to merge it with my UI changes, and I've had some unexpected commitments lately hence the delay so far. I won't be doing them very frequently regardless - I'll aim for once every month or so, unless someone else is dying to help out and loves 3-way merging code! :) I'll also update when a major version is ticked.

zer0pol: Santa delivered the goods! Hahaha. Thanks for the kind words and bug report, I'll see if I can repro this locally.

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 10, 2017, 02:11:11 AM »
It was the same way (sluggish after closing) before I deleted tiles. Ran into too many problems trying to use PK mod so I stopped trying to get it to work. I find if I save and quit and close the program at the main menu it doesn't screw the phone up.

Offline hatcher

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2017, 05:05:37 PM »
A1, whe're you, babe?

Offline ZoneWizard

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2017, 09:41:44 PM »
A1-

Can you please lower the Android version requiered? My device is stuck at v4.0.3

I'd Like to have this on my tabby =)

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2017, 05:33:51 AM »
Still here all! Had a busy week. :)

ZoneWizard: I've lowered the Android version to 4.0.x in GitHub, it'll propagate in the next update.

RipRoarinBoogerPenis: Have you made any other changes to the in-game options? eg. enabling software renderer. It'll be difficult for me to track down if I can't repro the same issue you're seeing. Another random thought, did the game data definitely install correctly? (plenty of free space on the device?)

Offline BigD145

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2017, 05:32:52 AM »

Not a fan of their UI as I was getting advertisements in the UI. Not in apps. In the actual "desktop" of Android. I went to Cyanogenmod but that is defunct and has moved on to Lineage (no version for my device yet).