Author Topic: Android Version  (Read 6470 times)

Offline RipRoarinBoogerPenis

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Android Version
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2017, 04:20:44 PM »
a1 any chance of adding a numpad transparent joystick in next update?

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2017, 02:43:34 AM »
You mean kinda like a 3x3 dpad for directional movement instead of the virtual joystick/swiping method? Funny you mention it, I'm working on that right now! :) You can position it on a specific part of the screen or make it cover the whole screen, and make it visible/invisible. Should be a nice alternative to the current method.

Also for anyone interested, GitHub contributor Graywolfe813 is currently reshuffling the source code on GitHub to make it easier for us to keep up with the experimental build - very cool! :)

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2017, 02:53:57 AM »
magnificent, exactly what I had in mind! Pressing center will wait I assume?

Offline a1studmuffin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 22, 2017, 09:26:18 AM »
Absolutely. It'll also act as the confirm/back button in menus, tap for confirm, double-tap for back. I've also added an optional setting so if you make the dpad only take up a small area of screen space, tapping outside the dpad will behave the same as tapping the dpad center. Oh and holding a direction (or the center button) will repeat input similar to the virtual joystick method. So should be a nice alternative for people to play with. I know some people on lower-spec devices were having issues with the swipe detection being 100% reliable due to low frame rate, which isn't a big deal most of the time but when you're lighting a fire or steering a vehicle at 100mph, kind of a big deal. ;)

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 22, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
I can attest to the driving bit. Fantastic work your doing!

Offline Aqma

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Today at 11:05:27 AM »
That's great, thank you! While I think it's amazing what you've done with the joystick movement and how seamless it is, I somehow still feel the need sometimes to push buttons for movement, especially in hairy situations. Maybe it's just that I'm so used to the keyboard, without it I feel like I don't have maximum control :))