Author Topic: Ouroboros: Council of 5  (Read 1768 times)

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
Re: Ouroboros: Council of 5
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 07:38:47 AM »
Von Koester looks up from his papers, his unblinking gaze burning into the messenger, and he addresses the room in his phlegm-filled rumble.

"Our holdings are secure for the time being, and our population is healthy without the introduction of this impure blood. If we ignore the taint these humans would bring into the bloodline, we would still find we have more mouths to feed and nothing more to feed them. I move that we add them to the food supply so that they may be distributed to the noble citizenry we administer."

CURRENT VOTE IS FOR FOOD
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:49:31 AM by ApatheticExcuse »
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2017, 08:22:48 AM »
Dr. Parker was writing furiously in her notebook, a modern looking binder with pages filled with writing and mysterious charts and figures. "Would you mind setting aside a few for me? I just need a couple. Preferably of the healthier looking ones. I don't want them keeling over halfway through the first testing battery." She flips through her notebook. "Ones with AB blood, if you can manage it. The rest you can do whatever with." She nods to Von Koester. "Food sounds nice."

DR. PARKER RUTHERFORD VOTES SCIENCE FOOD

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2017, 08:40:25 AM »
"We have a plentiful supply of populace already, we will be fine without adding anymore yet. Food, however, is running low, as the others have said. I also agree that we should add them to our supply of food." Dr. Aurelius concurs, nodding slowly in agreement. There was no need to convert any more humans yet, not when the last batch had bolstered their numbers to such an impressive height.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2017, 08:48:28 AM »
Dr. Foster nods in agreement with the rest, despite it being hesitant he had no choice but to agree with the majority, "Adding them to the food source sounds nice, no matter how unsanitary they may be. Maybe set aside one for my own research, I'd like to study what makes their brains tick." he'd said with a light grin.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 08:50:31 AM by CockooClock »

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2017, 09:24:41 AM »
Aulia waits until everyone else had finished throwing in their opinions before speaking up.   Save the best until last, after all.   "I vote for using 'em as food."
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2017, 12:11:14 PM »
Von Koester looks up from his papers, his unblinking gaze burning into the messenger, and he addresses the room in his phlegm-filled rumble.

"Our holdings are secure for the time being, and our population is healthy without the introduction of this impure blood. If we ignore the taint these humans would bring into the bloodline, we would still find we have more mouths to feed and nothing more to feed them. I move that we add them to the food supply so that they may be distributed to the noble citizenry we administer."

CURRENT VOTE IS FOR FOOD
Dr. Parker was writing furiously in her notebook, a modern looking binder with pages filled with writing and mysterious charts and figures. "Would you mind setting aside a few for me? I just need a couple. Preferably of the healthier looking ones. I don't want them keeling over halfway through the first testing battery." She flips through her notebook. "Ones with AB blood, if you can manage it. The rest you can do whatever with." She nods to Von Koester. "Food sounds nice."

DR. PARKER RUTHERFORD VOTES SCIENCE FOOD
"We have a plentiful supply of populace already, we will be fine without adding anymore yet. Food, however, is running low, as the others have said. I also agree that we should add them to our supply of food." Dr. Aurelius concurs, nodding slowly in agreement. There was no need to convert any more humans yet, not when the last batch had bolstered their numbers to such an impressive height.

Dr. Foster nods in agreement with the rest, despite it being hesitant he had no choice but to agree with the majority, "Adding them to the food source sounds nice, no matter how unsanitary they may be. Maybe set aside one for my own research, I'd like to study what makes their brains tick." he'd said with a light grin.

Aulia waits until everyone else had finished throwing in their opinions before speaking up.   Save the best until last, after all.   "I vote for using 'em as food."

The lesser bows.
"Thank you for your opinions."
He runs off.

FOOD: 5
CITIZENS: 0

The ceremony continues.

After the ceremony, all is calm.

It is time for dinner, though.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 12:17:13 PM by Dr. Howell »
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2017, 05:55:20 PM »
(So...   What are we supposed to do?   Have dinner conversations?   You kinda left it there.)
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2017, 11:15:27 PM »
(Ah. My apologies.)

A Close cook comes in serving various cuts of meat.
A moose head, 3 human legs, a human arm, and other such delicacies in the Republic.

It is a good idea to discuss how you all feel about your decisions for today. A Lesser recordkeeper sits, awaiting to write for future generations.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2017, 04:18:14 AM »
Dr. Foster leans back in his chair seemingly revolted by the human meat on the table, judging by what he said before, he thought humans were highly unsanitary. "Lesser, can you fetch me a pair of sterile gloves or something.. I don't want to make scale to well... skin contact with the meat."
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:45:06 AM by CockooClock »

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2017, 05:36:07 AM »
The lesser grabs some sterile gloves and silverware.

"Found the silverware on one of the humans. He tried stabbing another so that we'd open their containment and run loose. Barbaric, aren't they?

Oh, and Dr. Foster? I sent him to your study along with a female. Do tests, dissect them, do whatever assists in gaining knowledge about the human... psyche, I believe the term is?

Dr. Parker,  we sent you the ones that would not be a big removal from the food source. The children. They are very healthy. We made sure of that.

Would anyone else like gloves or silverware?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 05:47:33 AM by Dr. Howell »

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2017, 08:29:26 AM »
Von Koester shifts his bulk around in his seat, and lets out a barking, bitter laugh. "Silverware. Gloves. We have spent a generation improving ourselves, making ourselves something more than mere men, and yet you all are so willing to return to the trappings of their 'civilization'. One, I might add, that most of you are too young to even clearly remember." He lifts a section of leg in one of his massive, clawed hands as he speaks, and bites into it. The bone snaps as his jaw closes. "What, then, is the purpose of separating ourselves from this inferiority, and creating this Republic of higher beings, if we are simply to return to their basic way of life? You all forget the drudgery and baseness of human existence. They are not to be studied or understood any more than our former selves are - they are to be used only to advance our species, to act as sustenance for our people.." He takes another bite.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 08:36:02 AM by ApatheticExcuse »

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 08:50:47 AM »
Lifting one of the legs from the table, Dr. Aurelius slowly extends the retractable blade held within his right arm and carves away a slice of meat quickly "Humans used to eat pigs without batting an eye. Why should we be any pickier? We are clearly superior." as he speaks, he lifts the slice of flesh from the table, and snaps his jaws around it, chewing carefully and meticulously.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 09:58:30 AM »
Dr Foster sighs faintly as he lifts an arm from the table, making sure to slip on the sterile gloves before hand, "To understand their way of thinking is to make it easier to capture them, and as for being picky, I am not picky, I just prefer being more sanitary with the way I eat as to lessen the clean up afterwards. Unlike others, I do not enjoy being dirty." He'd said, taking a bite out of the arm, though making sure not to bite near the bone.

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2017, 10:27:15 AM »
Finishing his meal, Von Koester chuckles again. "You misunderstand, Antony. Humans may indeed be to us as a lower animal would be to them - in fact, I would say they most certainly are. The human form is inferior in all ways to the splendour of our new race. I have no objection to us making use of them much as we would use any other inferior animal, but rather ask this - if a human is to eat a pig, does it he also try to eat as though he were a pig?"

Dragging a claw lazily through the pooled blood on his plate, he looks at Foster. "Some may say it is a matter of 'sanitation'. And some would say such petty concerns are beneath us - simply an attempt to cling to an inferior way of life now made obsolete by the reality around us." His features crack into a vile grin, and he continues, a contemptuous tone creeping into his voice. "Mankind spent many years studying life that was beneath them in order to understand it's behavior and their own origins. I would say that our self made evolution renders such an act pointless - the years have no removed us so far from our lesser ancestors as to make them opaque and foreign to us. If one wants to know the thoughts of lesser life, one simply needs to ask them."

He waves a hand towards the lesser attending the table. "You. How were you brought into the fold of the Republic? Tell our friend Foster what line of thinking led you to being found and uplifted by our labratory?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:31:09 AM by ApatheticExcuse »

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2017, 10:41:17 AM »
Dr. Foster speaks up before the lesser can say a word, looking directly at his greater, "To keep ones self clean is to prevent disease and infection, you surely don't believe us all to be immune to such things, sure some of the greater's like yourself may be when it comes to disease. But to let disease run rampant among the rest would spell doom to our race. This is not a risk I am willing to take, and it shouldn't be a risk anyone is willing to take around us." rationalizing his own point of thinking as he finished what he was eating.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 10:43:08 AM by CockooClock »