Author Topic: Ouroboros: Council of 5  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • Click on the first username.
Re: Ouroboros: Council of 5
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2017, 04:37:52 AM »
The Lesser notices the majority of the Council have left.
"You two tired yet?"
I'm also on Bay 12's forums. Look for a guy called Asin.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline DapperDogman

• Survivor
  • Bad Company, till the day I die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2017, 08:46:50 AM »
Antony chuckles, retorting to Foster "I said our enemies morals and ethics. We keep our own people in line without the need for outlandish stories." he shrugs slightly as Foster begins to leave "I am a roboticist, not a philosopher. Perhaps these questions need a different mindset to approach." he yawns and sets down the now stripped leg, and retracts his blade "I will also take my leave."

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2017, 09:08:20 AM »
Dr. Parker had been picking away quietly at a leg during the conversation. She didn't seem particularly engaged in anything that was going on around her. As Dr. Foster got up and left, she perked up and tapped him on the arm as he left, saying, "Do send me a report of your findings with that brain once you're finished." With that, she let him leave and gnawed on the femur for a moment. As the Lesser posed his question, she said, "It is that time, isn't it? I'll be going then." She gets up unceremoniously and strolls out of the dining room, taking the bone with her.

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
The night comes quickly and the members of the Council wake at their respective times.

Also, don't ask about the profile pic unless you want to be fed to a shocker brute.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2017, 05:14:15 PM »
(Okay I hate to be that guy, but could you please actually include any information at all in posts?   Plus you still haven't really explained how this RP works.   Are we like, managing the place?  You mentioned combat earlier?   What's going on?)

Aulia rolls over in her bed, dreaming about bacon.

(that's what not to do for posts.   Pointless, doesn't really tell us anything, and is really, really short.)
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2017, 05:23:10 PM »
(Okay I hate to be that guy, but could you please actually include any information at all in posts?   Plus you still haven't really explained how this RP works.   Are we like, managing the place?  You mentioned combat earlier?   What's going on?)

Aulia rolls over in her bed, dreaming about bacon.

(that's what not to do for posts.   Pointless, doesn't really tell us anything, and is really, really short.)

(Ah. Sorry for not being clear. Yeah, you guys are managing the civilization, commanding the army when battle happens, that sorta stuff. I am trying to make this good.)

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2017, 01:14:20 AM »
Aulia, after roughly half an hour of attempting to get back to sleep, finally gives up.   Rubbing her chest, she groans.   "Stupid boobs...  Ain't nobody else got 'em, why I gotta deal wit' 'em?"   Yawning and showing off the sharp teeth lining her maw, one of the only things she mutated properly, Aulia untangles her tail from the sheets and gets properly dressed.   Congratulating herself on managing to get a couple of hours of sleep, she thinks of what she should do, having only just been introduced to the council due to the Lesser requesting a representative.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline ApatheticExcuse

• Survivor
  • Waiting for the tide to get low
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2017, 05:06:50 PM »
Von Koester has a dream. This is odd - since ascending to a higher form of life, he rarely has them anymore, and was never really given to flights of fancy in the first place.

But this one, this one is odd, and it's been coming every day while he drifts in and out of hibernation for nearly a week now.

In it, he sees himself as a human. Not human Von Koester, but someone else. He is running down a road. Sometimes it's in a decayed city, sometimes, it's in an alien forest, sometimes, it's beside a soot covered beach. He knows he has to run. Or, he knows he feels like he should have to run. Behind him are the zombies. Not just one, not just a hundred, but all of them. He's never counted, he just knows.

So he runs. He eats while he runs, shits while he runs, and even reads while he runs. He keeps going, and behind him, the zombies keep shambling after him.

Usually, the dream doesn't change. He runs and runs until he wakes up, never getting caught, and never escaping. This sits poorly with Von Koester.

After a week of this, he decided that he, a mighty Greater of the Lizard Republic, and a being of immense intelligence and willpower, should not have to run away from these beasts. He spent a day reading up on lucid dreaming, and finally, he was ready to put his skills to the test.

So, when Von Koester had this dream yet again, he simply stopped running. Every fibre of his being told him to GET AWAY as the undead bore down on him. He could almost feel their teeth sinking into him, his body being torn and pull between countless hands. He readied himself for the worst as the first rotting hand reached out to him, but then -

The moan. Not like he'd ever heard it before, in life or dream. The raspy voice of a billion undead, crying out in... in what? Before he could process it, he was hit with a realization. This was adulation.

Suddenly, his "self" was pulled from the human body, giving him a third person view as it soared further and further away from the road, letting him take in  for the first time the continent spanning snake of animated rot trailing behind the runner. He drifted across the globe, a bird's eye view of the apocalypse in front of him. All over, the last bastions had crumbled, petty kingdoms had fallen, and the last of the fires had died. All living things had gone with them.

As soon as this thought fleeting through his mind, he was snapped back to the road, hovering off to the runner's side as the adoring undead prostrated themselves, crying out worship with disgusting, wet voices, pathetically begging the man to keep going.

The runner turned to Von Koester's consciousness, and with a hateful smirk, remarked. "What would you do without me?"

He awoke, shaken, with a new realization. Summoning a lesser to his quarters, he quietly grunted out an order. "Let the others know we would have a meeting. There are important matters to discuss."
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 05:08:23 PM by ApatheticExcuse »
Sometimes I think I'd have an easier time surviving Cataclysm IRL than in game.

Offline Dr. Howell

• Zombie Food
  • [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2017, 01:05:36 AM »
The lesser replies.
"Yes sir, let me activate the communication system..."

He runs off to go activate it.

About a minute later, the communication system activates with a small burst, like an explosion. It had never been used since the beginning of the Cataclysm.

"Hello? Members of the Council, a meeting has been requested by Dr. Von Koester. Report immediately."

(Ouroboros lives again!)