Author Topic: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [No longer active]  (Read 5637 times)

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #210 on: May 21, 2017, 07:31:52 AM »
Everyone
The humming behind the wall begins to get louder, and you feel the ship begin to tip some more. With nobody at the helm, whatever effect the rudder was having has completely gone and now the ship seems to be rotating a few degrees. The steel underneath your feet creaks and grumbles, and you start to hear rushing water outside.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2017, 05:03:07 AM »
Starting to slightly panic Jamie seems to be set at two times speed doing everything in a frantic rush "Well then let's get behind it! See a switch somewhere? Do we need one? Pimblokto yer strong right? Rip through it!"

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2017, 08:49:12 AM »
The Gang Opens Up An Entirely Different Can Of Worms
and solves my BOAT PUZZLE
Jamie
You issue the order to Pimblokto. He gives you a thumbs-up instead of nodding and then faces the wall. Bracing with one foot back, his arms shoot forward- [Strength] [6 + 3 = 9] vs [9] -and his hands collide with the steel. A resounding gong-like note emanates from the wall, and then a crunching sound as the servos inside his gloves whizz and whir, digging themselves into the metal. He pulls to the left and the thin bolts holding the wall into place rip out of their sockets and the wall itself peels back like the lid on a can of sardines. However, on the other side is something pretty far from salted fish.

The room behind the wall starts off at the same width of the lab, but tapers off quickly as it becomes obvious it's built inside the hollow chamber between the lab and the bow of the ship. The walls, ceiling, and floor are lined with a reflective foil of some sort and all sorts of cables and wires run from a hole in the floor up along the wall, around the ceiling, under the foil, all drawing an electrical circle around the thing in the center of the room.

Floating in the center of the room is a grey metal sphere, about the size of a basketball. Several yellow warning stickers dot its surface, all written in sino. Covering its surface are several small glass cylinders, topped with a cap of metal and each sticking out about half an inch. Occasionally one will sink into the sphere and become flush with the surface, only to pop back out with a hiss of steam. There are none of these cylinders on the bottom of the sphere, however. The sphere itself slowly rotates in the center of the room, held aloft at about chest level by some unseen force. The hairs on your arms and neck stand on end as the machine is revealed, and you start to smell ozone. Worse yet, a familiar feeling of vertigo begins to return to you.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2017, 04:16:48 AM »
"Well, I guess that's it then. We just need to get it and go. Don't think it's safe to just grab though, gotta find an off switch, or just rip the fuckin' cords out of the wall for all I care!"

Jamie goes and does just that. If it looks to dangerous to just grab, find an off switch. If there's no off switch to be found, make one and cut the cords from the wall.