Author Topic: [OOC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas  (Read 1764 times)

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 01:29:01 AM »
Ultra late :c

Name: Oliver Ornoux

Appearance: 5'5", dirty blond hair usually in a mess, brown eyes, muscled, 33.

Class: Fighter

Equipment: Two chauchat SMGs and a kolibri

Skills: Strong (self explanatory), Gun expert (knows just about every gun ever made and knows how to tend and repair anchient weapons, rare guns will distract hm)

Inventory: Zippo lighter, gun cleaning/mending kit, and basic clothes.

Traits/quirks: fascinated by rare/ancient guns and will get distracted by them, he also has OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder for those who don't know) so he will keep his or anyone else's guns in tip top condition, wether friendly or enemy, wether they like it or not.

Background: When he was young Oliver lived in the core worlds in a rich an very lavish lifestyle with both of his parents. His mother was a secretary in a giant megacorporation and his father was a gun collector, this sparked his interest with guns. Ever since he was old enough to shoot his dad told him to keep any weapon in good condition. During his adulthood him and his parents were going to a cooperate meter in the mid rim, Oliver's dad always brought his entire gun collection with him even on spaceships because hi didn't trust anybody. All was fine until a pirate armada arrived and Dana ded the surrender of Oliver, his mother, and all the guns, his dad said no, so the pirates boarded the ship. Oliver's parents were killed, all the weapons were seized and he was taken hostage. When no one collected the ransom Oliver was put to slavery. After almost a decade of slavery he incited a revolt. Afterwards he stole a pirate ship with the three guns he has now and set off as a outer rim treasure hunter.

Reason for being part of your crew: asked some locals that led me to you.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 05:40:31 AM »
Alright, I'd like to preface this post with an apology. I should've seen this coming, and I'm flattered all of you showed so much interest in my game. However, I realize now after staring at my notes for this thing that I simply cannot take on eight players. I probably should've said something at six, but here we are. So, I'm gonna have to go back on what I said about late joiners and cut it off at characters who were submitted before the creation of the IC thread.

I do wish I could've kept this going with all of you, but I simply cannot keep up with eight people all running around in this kind of thing. (Trust me, I've tried.) Joebob and Blitzkrieg, I'm sorry, guys.

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »
Oh well, that sucks :(
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 03:21:48 PM »
K :P

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2017, 06:33:01 AM »
No update tonight, gonna give everyone time to get their posts in before things get interesting. (Also I'm obscenely busy with other things at the moment.) Updates will resume Thursday.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2017, 10:00:39 AM »
Small style change, for conversations with NPCs, I will post responses as soon as I see players try to converse with them. Big updates and combat rounds still happen once a day, though.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
Hey, sorry about the lack of update yesterday. It was a busy day for me and by the time I could get around to it, it was about 3 am. Today's update coming soon.

UPDATE: When I said soon, I lied. This update is kinda a doozy.

UPDATE 2: The post is out! The chase is on!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 10:36:10 PM by Hibou »

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 12:29:06 PM »
Sorry to say but I think I'm gonna need a couple day break from this, I'll be back by Wednesday or Thursday though. Just haven't been feeling 'my self' lately.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 02:35:47 AM »
Alright, that's cool. Without giving too much away I can say that nothing absolutely critical is gonna happen in the next couple updates, and I'll try and keep your character out of danger in the meantime. Hope you feel better soon!

DATEUP: There weren't a whole lot of posts since the last update, so I'm gonna give everyone a chance to catch up again. Updates will resume Tuesday night. And I promise you guys I'll have an update this time that isn't just standing around/talking.

BEYOND THE VEIL DOWNDATE: Well that was weird. If you guys are still out there and kicking, I'll be pushing up an update later on tonight.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 06:14:03 PM by Hibou »

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 07:37:28 PM »
Well the site going down wasn't something I expected to happen.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2017, 08:25:32 AM »
Sorry about the slow updates, things outside of the forum have been keeping me pretty busy. A new update should be out sometime tomorrow.

Offline jamie4523

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2017, 09:10:25 AM »
Name: Floyd Price
Appearance: a 6 feet tall 48 year old man. He has dark grey hair, a beard of the same color, and green eyes. Floyd has a above average build
Class: FIGHTER
Equipment:
A pair of grey cargo pants: Comfortable and practical.
An olive and red jacket with a high collar: Lots of pockets and plenty warm.
A pair of combat boots: Average everyday pair of combat boots.
A pair of brown scrambler gloves
A white leather belt with a sheath containing a knife and a small holster containing a hold-out pistol.
A large book-bag
A thin ballistic vest worn under his jacket. Enough to stop pistol rounds and shotgun shells, but nothing bigger then a rifle round.
Skills: [BARTER] [JURY RIGGING]
Inventory:
A childish doodle, folded up.
A pillbottle of painkillers
a pack of cigarettes
a box of matches
A digital watch
A worn wallet containing money and several photos
Traits/Quirks:
[Old][Weary bones] [Fatherly Instincts] [Southern charm][Wise]
Background:
Grew up with a massive interest in martial arts, started out learning karate in elementary school, then kick boxing in highschool, then muay thai through-out college. He participated in many tournaments, eventually making to the state championships, then the national championships. Then he lost to the first opponent. He lost will to continue, so he worked as a hired gun for a while before settling down and having a family. They had little money, but he was happy. They are extremely low on money though. Hense why he joined.
Reason for being part of the crew: Cash for his family and such.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 09:12:57 AM by jamie4523 »

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 04:38:57 AM »
Sorry Jamie, we're not taking on any new players at the moment. Though, in maybe a week or so I am planning on starting something new up, so stick around for that.

Today's post was kinda short, but tomorrow there'll be a bigger update earlier than normal and then another big one later that night. Once we get that long awaited change of scenery there'll be more to do. Hang in there everyone!

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 05:33:06 AM »
Just to check, because I know the forums going down sorta through everyone off, who is still committed to this? I know me and cockooclock are posting but what about others?

Side question, should the inventory of our characters be updated on this thread? Just asking because I've just gotten a good number of things and want to know if it mattered or not.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 06:07:39 AM »
I know that Nocam is still active, and Forrest said he'd post soon so I'll probably go chase him down and get that out of him. I'm personally gonna keep this going as long as I can because I'm excited to share this story with you all.

You can keep the inventories updated yourselves if you want. I've been keeping my own notes about your inventories but I haven't kept track of individual bullets, if that's what you're asking. Stuff like those stun grenades and the radio are more likely to become important later on, and as you can imagine, but ammo isn't a huge concern unless you're doing something crazy with them that would expend a lot of rounds in a short period of time.