Author Topic: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [No longer active]  (Read 5946 times)

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 121
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
(RNGesus is not liking me so far ;-;)

Making sure the men can't hear, Jamie whispers to Glover, "Alright, think about this. Obviously these guys aren't going listen to us, if we're going to deal with them the other way, while they're in the stairwell is the best time. If we're up here shooting them in the arse and our boys downstairs shoot them in the front, they'll take fire from both sides with no cover."

Jamie places his hand on the handle of his gun and waits to see if Glover has any other plan.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 01:24:40 PM by bostltch »

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2017, 04:48:33 PM »
Jason pushes past Jeremiah on the stairs, lazily holding his rifle across his chest.   "You know these guys?"  He asks Jamie and Glover.   He seems to be taking up quite a lot of space on the stairs, although it's difficult to tell if he's doing so intentionally or not.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Lorknis

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5366
  • God of Fertility
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2017, 11:54:41 PM »
"Fuck that three times over I won't let any goons find me," Holland says as he unplugs the datachit, "Or this."

Holland would then put the datachit inside of his armor and went over to the elevator shaft and would begin to climb up the ladder.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

We are never fighting alone.
Get up, get going,
I’ll meet you there.

Offline Dec

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5933
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 07:22:31 AM »
Glover takes the lead in front of the group, leisurely strolling in front of the mercs at a pace just fast enough to be normal, hopefully with Jamie close behind him. He silently thanks whatever moon-gods or sun-queens that happen to be listening as Jason stops them on the stairs.

Gesturing quickly to the big man with the glasses, Glover stops the whole procession somewhat dramatically, turning to Jason. "Oh, y'know, Jase, nothing too much. These boys are with the Third, they're here to make a routine search. We know how it is, right?" He states these words lightheartedly, but just a bit louder than someone in normal conversation would, stopping once again for a little longer to chuckle and pat Jamie on the shoulder, before beginning to move once again at his former leisurely pace.
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2176
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2017, 07:50:57 AM »
The Gang Decides to Avoid Direct Confrontation

Jeremiah

You successfully disengage from the group and head back downstairs, not worry about being spotted since nobody had noticed you in the first place. Plodding down the stairs, you brush shoulders with Jason who looked a little worried.

At the bottom of the stairs, you see Reagan and Holland lounging around, then Glover's voice comes down from above...

Glover

You step ahead of the stranger, and

BLUFF CHECK (because Glover doesn't technically know they're members of the Third)
Glover [Diplomacy] [10!] vs Everyone Within Earshot [No need] CRITICAL SUCCESS

manage to pluck the right answer out of thin air. "These boys are with the Third, they're here to make a routine search." Your voice echoes clearly through the stairwell, and anyone standing in it or nearby can hear your message without issue. The stranger's stoic face twitches when you say their name, but otherwise doesn't react as he continues down the stairs. The rest of your group and his trail behind.

Holland

You're ticking away on the keyboard as Jeremiah comes down the stairs. More footsteps can be heard from the stairwell, and you hear Glover's voice echo from inside. Knowing that you won't be alone for much longer, you grab the drive and switch the computer off. Reagan's listening device stops clicking as you do.

You dash over to the elevator doors, and without much time left try and heft them open.

STRENGTH CHECK
Holland [Melee] [3 + 2 = 5] vs Doors [Heavy] [5] JUST BARELY

You try and pull them open on your own but only strain your aging muscles. Using your hammer, however, you manage to jam the handle inside the gap and, with significant effort, pull them open. The elevator shaft opens up before you. It's almost completely dark inside, except for the dim light inside your office. You squint and peer inside.

PERCEPTION CHECK

Holland [4] vs The Dark [5] NOT QUITE

You can barely make out anything in the dark, but you see there's the floor of the shaft a few feet below you and a ladder across the way. You jump in, and fail to notice that the floor you thought was solid was actually a dark pool of water. You sink up to your waist in the murky pool, and you feel your boot collide with something sharp. Luckily, your heavy duty mining suit is meant to protect against stuff like that and you proceed unharmed.

You wade over to ladder and grab on, pulling yourself up one rusty rung at a time. The metal groans and shivers, echoing into the inky blackness as you ascend out of sight.

Jamie

Glover takes the lead, and you follow keeping your gun at the ready.

Jason

You reach Glover and posit your question. He replies much louder than you anticipated, but the message is received none the less. The stranger and his group push pass your indecisive stance as they continue downstairs.

Reagan

You continue to lounge on the couch and act natural.

Offline CockooClock

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2017, 08:14:22 AM »
Pipes up as he sees Holland moving away from the desk and into the elevator, walking over he says, "It's a group from the third, the leader of the groups name is Cinder, I seem to recall he had a bit of an accident with fire and lost an eye, just a heads up they are well armed so don't let them see you when your leaving." he'd say before commenting on the sound of a now dripping outfit, "By the way, try and keep your shit from getting too wet." he'd finish before moving to take Holland's place at the desk and lean back.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:16:54 AM by CockooClock »

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »
After the group of Third have passed him on the stairs, Jason goes to follow, hesitating as he looks back up towards Maria.   Sighing, he waits for a couple of seconds before following the group down, tightly holding his rifle.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Dec

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5933
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2017, 10:58:18 PM »
Glover leads the men on over to the room of operations, casually swaying his arms about. "Well, here we are, eh? Do what you gotta do, I suppose." He states dismissively, casually whispering something quiet to Jamie as he gets out of the group's way. "Might not need to do any shooting, Jay, if these boys can't find what they're looking for, there's not much they can do, eh?"
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 121
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2017, 01:39:31 AM »
Grudgingly, Jamie follows as the group goes downstairs, visibly on edge over the intruders. As he gets to the bottom he reaches into his pocket and takes a sip from his flask to calm his nerves before leaning close to Glover, "Aye, perhaps, but don't be complaining when it looks like a war zone after these chancers make a mess of the place."

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2176
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2017, 07:52:38 AM »
The Gang Hopes for the Best
Jeremiah, Jamie and Glover

You three hang inside the room, and attempt to act natural. The mercenaries reach the room and fan out, pushing over piles of papers and overturning wastebaskets as they search for their target. One of the mercenaries pulls out a device, looking like a boxy video screen mounted on a pistol grip with a plastic cone mounted to the front of it, wide end pointing outwards. It clicked quietly as they moved around the room.

Jason

Before you depart down the stairs to an uncertain future, you give one look back at your stalwart secretary. Unfortunately, she's nowhere to be seen. Sighing, you follow your team down the stairs.

Holland

You make your way up the ladder, and for a moment a thought passes through your head about the lack of an elevator car thus far.

PERCEPTION CHECK
Holland [7] vs The Dark [5] SUCCESS

As if summoned by your mind, the looming floor of the danging elevator car comes down to meet you. The ladder is set in the wall in such a way that you can just barely squeeze past it, and so you do, shimmying up the ladder.

At that moment, a couple of mercenaries find the open elevator doors and peered inside. One of them turns on their helmet light, and looks up into the shaft.

STEALTH CHECK
Holland [4] vs Mercenaries [10!] ENEMY SPOTTED

The merc with the light on calls out, "Boss! Got a tango in the shaft!" Without stopping to reconsider their phrasing, they point their rifles at Holland. "Hold it right there!" one of them shouts.

Cinder shoves his way past a couple of his subordinates as he storms his way to the elevator doors.

Offline Dec

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5933
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »
Cursing silently under his breath, Glover coughs loudly, making his way over to the group of mercs with a faux-confused look on his face as he peers into the darkness of the elevator shaft. "Stanley? I thought you were off work today, mate! An honest man's toil never ends, eh?" He calls up into the shaft, laughing and pointing up at the man on the ladder. "No worries, boys, that's the building's handyman, Stanley. Probably fixin' up that death trap they call a lift."
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline CockooClock

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 12:07:00 AM »
Sighs lightly as he gets up, hands nowhere near his rifle instead moving to his pack to pull out a bottle of water. He'd began thinking of saying something that'd likely get him shot but decided against it, instead looking up at the ceiling then to the stairwell, walking over to the door he'd lean against the wall somewhat casually, if not awkwardly due to his pack.

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 121
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 12:57:18 AM »
Jamie goes stiff for a few moments, like a deer in headlights, with an expression on his face of a mix of anger and I-told-so. Thinking to himself, "Yeah, a handyman, he sure looks the part alright... Fine, I guess we're doing this." Jamie takes a deep breath and closes his eyes. His expression changes to calm and happy as if there was no problem and he walks up beside Glover.

"Oh yeah! He came in earlier while you were in the toilet, been in there for a while." He then speaks more directly to the group, "Poor bastard's been having a hard time getting it to work, thing's been broke for longer than I can remember."

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 01:39:35 AM »
Jacob begins thinking up plans of what to do if the talking idea doesn't quite work out.   Noting their almost complete focus on the elevator shaft, he realises that he could totally boot one of them into the pit.   If the plan doesn't work out, he attempts exactly that, going for a big boot to the spine.   If it (somehow) works out, he continues standing there silently.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2176
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Things are heating up!]
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 09:14:09 AM »
The Gang Tri- OH GOD HIT THE DECK

Glover and Jamie
You two try and pass off Holland as your heavily armored and somewhat damp handyman. The two mercenaries consider what you've said-

BLUFF CHECK

Jamie and Glover [Smooth talkers] [3 + 3 = 6] vs Mercenaries [Not in the mood] [7 + 1 = 8] FAILURE

-but they don't buy it. "That ain't no handyman!" one of them says. The other says, "Opening fire!" and takes aim at Holland.

BEGIN COMBAT - SURPRISE ROUND

Jason - SPRINGS INTO ACTION
DROP KICK [FIGHTER] [3 + 3 = 6] vs MERCENARY 2 [Distracted] [5 - 1 = 4] HIT

The second mercenary readies their rifle, but Jacob sees the motion and charges them. He jumps into the air, both feet pressed tightly together as he collides horizontally into the back of the black armor. The mercenary is caught completely off guard, and the shot they were trying to make goes wide. The beam of light ricochets off the wall and flies past Holland, zipping up the shaft and managing to hit the pulley system holding the car aloft at the top. The metal pins holding it in the crumbling ceiling shudder and groan.

The mercenary stumbles forwards and falls into the dark pool of water, [2] and she stops moving completely. The light on her helmet filters out through the bottom of the pool, and you can see the water become clouded with blood. She does not move.

BEGIN COMBAT - ROUND 1

MERCENARY 1 - He stands at the entrance to the elevator shaft, and points his rifle at Holland!

MERCENARY 3 - Kicks the food table over on the eastern side of the room, sending napkins, donuts and coffee flying. He hunkers down.

MERCENARY 4 - Hunkers down next to MERCENARY 3

MERCENARY 5 - Stands at the northern side of the room, and points her rifle at Jason!

MERCENARY 6 - Hits the ground in the center of the room, and points his rifle at Jeremiah!

CINDER - Reaches the elevator doors and prepares to strike Jason with his rifle!

Everyone else

There's just enough time for everyone else to realize what's happening and get ready to fight, flee, or find cover.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 10:24:54 AM by Hibou »