Author Topic: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [No longer active]  (Read 5232 times)

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2017, 02:31:33 AM »
While Jamie sets to desecrating the dead, Jason flinches away from the body, humming.   "Jesus, what kinda shit has to happen to melt your face off?"   Shuddering, Jason moves over to free up the crowbar from the door.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 10:03:17 AM by Mrnocamera »
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2017, 09:17:44 AM »
The Gang Opens One Door, and The Rest Stay Open As Well For Once

Jason
As you wiggle the crowbar free from it's barricading position, the metal door creaks and groans. With one final yank the tool comes free and the door swings open, beyond it is a smaller corridor. Like the engine room, this corridor is currently filled with water. It's only about twice the width of the door, and square in shape. In the center of it is a ladder, and it extends upwards towards the upper decks of the ship. Across the room is another door similar to the one you just opened, but this one has caved slightly into whatever room is beyond it and shudders as you move through the water.

The near silence of the ship is broken up again as you hear a familiar voice crackle in over the radio.

It was Maria. She seemed to be having a relaxed conversation with someone.
"You know I detest spiders." says Samar. "Well, yeah, but you could've made a bug zapper instead of a huge-" Samar cuts her off. "We're getting a signal."
You hear Maria say something under hear breath followed by the sounds of her scrambling around.
"Test, test." There's a pause, then you hear Maria imitating the sound of a telegraph machine. "I'm news anchor Maria Naji and we're coming to you live with the evening headlines-"
"Maria."
"Eh, right. What's your status down there, guys? Find anything interesting?"
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:34:01 AM by Hibou »

Offline CockooClock

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2017, 10:31:02 PM »
Responds quite simply with a, "If you consider a person lacking a face as interesting then yes, nothing much else seeings as we haven't gone very far in yet." rather than keeping the gun at the ready he decided to leave it strapped to him and around his back while he moved around to allow himself some freedom of movement. "Mind handing me the crowbar, doubt we'll need it but I'd like to hold onto it for a bit."

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #168 on: April 21, 2017, 01:27:02 AM »
(top tip, a sentence entirely in italics is generally considered to be thoughts.   you weird psychic.)
Jason looks at Jeremiah, at the crowbar, and then back at Jeremiah.   He shakes his head.   "No."   Slipping the crowbar through the belt loop on his pants, he heads up the ladderino.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:56:44 AM by Mrnocamera »
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2017, 05:05:09 AM »
Jamie looks around the engine room once more before responding, "Yeah, there was definitely some sorta foul play, or at least some nasty accident. Not sure but a got a recorder and later on I want to see if it's not too water damaged to get it workin' again, might have somethin' on it."

Hearing Jason's reply to Jeremiah, Jamie turns to face Jeremiah and gives an exaggerated shrug before going through the door as well. Looking up (diagonally?) the ladder as Jason on goes to the upper levels, "If ya really want to go on up now I won't stop ya but I'm still goin' to see about the power first." Turning back to face the next door, he glides over and peeks into the open door to see what lies ahead.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 06:21:38 AM by bostltch »

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »
The Gang Opens One Door Too Many

"Yikes. Well if it's any consolation, we're not picking up any movement except for you guys." says Maria. Samar adds, "Pimblokto might be able to read the recorder. There's a port in the back of his head, but you'll have to remove the helmet to get to it, so be sure to do that when you're not underwater. It's not good for his electronics otherwise."

"I am fully capable of functioning without waterpoofing, and can reach processor speeds up to 150% of the standard rate." protests the robot. "You see?"

Jason
You grab onto the rungs of the ladder and hoist yourself up, floating past the hole in the second deck as if you were weightless. You arrive in what is labeled on the blueprints as Lab 1, and it looks like that label is accurate. The ladder runs through the center of the room, continuing up towards the bridge. On each side of you, running most of the length of the room are heavy metal cabinets that look bolted to the floor. Similar cabinets run along the outer edge of the room. Beakers, clipboards, pens, and computer parts litter the floor. The water tugs and nudges them, making them look as if they're being controlled by some invisible string. Soggy torn pieces of paper float lazily in the water, illuminated barely by the minimal light coming in from the two portholes on each side of the room.

Behind you is the door to the mess hall, if the sign above it is to be trusted. The door is shut tight, but you notice it has several small dents in it and there's a dark stain on the floor that creates a trail leading through its threshold. In front of you is the door leading to the second lab. This one is closed as well, and there doesn't seem to be anything irregular about it.

Jamie
You grab the wheel that controls the latch of the door. It squeals and creaks in protest, but you twist it all the same. The bolt seems to be bent along with the rest of the door, but with some effort you finally pull it out of the way and- WHOOSH -the door swings open suddenly and water starts to shoot through the opening! You try to resist the flow- [5] vs [7] -but can't seem to escape as you're pulled along with it through the bathrooms! For a second you're riding on top of a wave as it hungrily fills the waterless room. Shower and toilet stalls rush past your face as the far end of the room and its slightly ajar door shoot forward to greet you. You try to stop your momentum by grabbing onto something, anything and- [6 + 3 = 9] vs [6] -manage to grab hold of a stall door as the water surges around you and you're submerged once again. The door to the crew quarters is thrown open as well by the current and you hear it crash and rock ahead.

You're still in the bathrooms, and looking around you get a feel for the room. There's four stalls on each side of the room. Each one is made out of what appears to be some kind of sheet metal, and they look fairly cramped. All the doors have been thrown open, save for one shower stall on the left side of the room and two bathroom stalls on the right. The floor and ceiling offer no additional secrets, looking like they are made out of the same sheet metal that formed the walls of the engine room.

Everyone
You hear the ship creak and groan, and you all start to get a sinking feeling as the floor shifts under your feet.

[Music, for your consideration]

Samar comes in over the radio. "I'm not sure what just happened, but it seems the ship has passed its buoyancy equilibrium. If you don't want to sink with it, I recommend you get to and start the backup generator as soon as possible. After that, the emergency pumps should kick on and start getting rid of the excess water."

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #171 on: April 22, 2017, 03:14:24 PM »
"Shite the fuckin' bed god dammit! Thought that might happen!" Jamie kicks back off the stall towards the next room, doing his best to get to the backup power as fast as possible. "I can fix it!"

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #172 on: April 24, 2017, 06:47:39 AM »
The Gang Does Some Plumbing

Jamie
Knowing your time is limited, you kick that pack into full throttle and kick off the stall. Sputtering through the water you glide through the doorway and into the crew quarters. As you pass through the crew quarters, you get a cursory look at the interior. The hallway juts to the right, and on the right there are several portholes looking out to the dark and empty waters. On your left, there are several doors, each with a label.



They're all shut tight, even with the rising water, and you have to turn your head slightly to read them as it becomes apparent that the ship is rotating to a nearly vertical position. You reach the end of the crew cabin and fly through the open door. The storage room has been half filled, and the flow has slowed down considerably now that the sea water has reached the level outside. You push through the layer of boxes that are floating on the surface and charge past the shelves, throwing the last door open and entering the backup power room.

The backup power room is a fairly small room, not even half the size of the engine room. It's dominated by an enormous gas-powered generator in the center. Several jerrycans lie haphazardly nearby, but there's no time to check if they're full. You locate the machine's controls and are greeted by another control panel covered in switches and buttons. The interface is unfamiliar, and the labels all in sino, but using your mechanical knowledge- [3 + 3 = 6] vs [5] -you figure out the right combination of presses and switches, punching in the code as the generator slowly chugs, grinds, and finally hums to life.

"Power's returning to the ship! Nice job, guys!" Maria commends over the radio. Samar adds, "Pimblokto, shut that door to the engine room and contain the breach."

"Affirmative." Pimblokto drones, grabbing the door and pulling it shut. The water rushes through the increasingly small opening- [9 + 3 = 12] vs [6] -but he gives it one large shove and it shuts. With a single turn of the door's wheel the door groans and shudders, but it is locked into place.

A humming sound fills the ship, and the lights flicker on across the ship. Many of the fixtures are broken or flickering, but it's clear that there's power now, and the sinking feeling stops as the ship begins to right itself.

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2017, 04:36:40 AM »
Jamie backs up against a wall and slides down it with a large sigh. "Christ, that coulda been bad." Wanting to let a little time pass so he can calm down and let the water pumps' do their job, Jamie calls to Pimblokto, "Oy, Mr. Roboto, come here would ya, before we do anythin' else I wanna see if we can't get into this camera."

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2017, 08:50:06 PM »
Jason wants to see what's behind door number 2, Monty.   Or lab 2.   That works.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2017, 08:03:09 AM »
The Gang Watches A Home Video

Jamie
Pimblokto moves into the backup generator room, and while you two are above water he removes his helmet. Underneath is a black, metallic and cylindrical housing for a single, large camera lens mounted on a few hydraulic rods. They softly hiss as he looks down at you, then he turns around and kneels, showing the back side where there are several ports and wires leading down from the camera into the darkness in his chest. You plug the drive in.

Pimbloko doesn't do anything for a moment, and then his lens flickers, and a bright light shines out of them as he projects an image onto the wall of the generator room. It's a picture of a man's face, shot from the shoulders up. It's the same man you saw on the ID in the engine room, and behind him you see the same dark walls and enormous machinery. He looks tired, like he hasn't slept in a few days. His mouth is open and his eyes have a certain intensity in them that only a person in the middle of explaining something important has. There's a click, and the video starts. The rest of you hear an unfamiliar voice crackle in over the radio.

"-llo. My name is Doctor Tao Lee. I am a senior researcher at Sinopec Incorporated. If you are hearing this, I have most likely died. It is unfortunate, but a sacrifice I am willing to make. My objective is to blow this thermite charge here-" He reaches up to the camera and nudges it to the right. Over his shoulder you see several bright red tubes attached with tape to the side of the engine room wall. It's exactly where the hole is now. As he turns the camera back you see the wires leading from the charges to his lap where there's a mostly finished trigger mechanism. You also see the already ruined controls along the wall. "-to flood the engine room with sea water to ensure it stays off and allow me an escape. If all goes well, the hole will be large enough that I can fit through and swim up to the surface. If not, whoever finds this, it is imperative that-" He's interrupted by something heavy banging against the door. He swears in sino and gets up, crowbar in his hand. He disappears off screen for a moment, and you hear some metallic clanking. The banging continues, and he returns without the tool. "As I was saying. It is imperative that you do not allow power to return to the ship. That core the director has is too dangerous for him or any of us to handle. It must remain inactive. If this ship gets any closer to-" There are a couple more hits to the door, and you hear the metal groan and creak. He turns to look at the door and turns back with a worried expression on his face. "I'm out of time. Remember: Make sure the core stays inactive. The fate of this planet, and perhaps the universe is in your hands." As he reaches for the camera, you hear him say under his breath, "Here's hoping I read Gerald's iron oxide measurements correctly."

Pimblokto removes the drive and stands. "That is the only file on the drive." he states simply.

"Hm." is all Samar says. "Well, so much for his plan." adds Maria, flatly. "We're picking up something on the scanners, lots of electrical activity coming frooom the bow... That's weird. It's not coming from a room on the blueprint, it's in an area between Lab 2 and the tip of the ship. What the-?"


The radio goes silent.

Jason
You go from swimming to wading, and then wading to walking as the water is pumped out of the lab. The empty flasks and beakers roll around your feet as the ship begins to right itself again. You grip the wheel to Lab 2, [2+3 = 5] vs [7] -and turn it. The latch is undone cleanly, but it isn't you that opens the door. The door is pulled backwards violently and behind it stands a strange machine the size and shape of a human, but made out of what looks like cobbled together lab parts. Wires and tubes run from it's computer monitor head down its pipe frame body, filling out its torso and running down its shaking legs and twitchy, blood covered arms. You manage to get a glimpse of another human figure slumped against a counter top in the second lab before it takes a swing at you. [1!] vs [No need] The robotic fist collides solidly with your face, delivering a surprisingly forceful punch despite its ramshackle appearance. You stumble back a few feet, but catch yourself on the table. You taste blood.

The bot advances.


The ramshackle robot takes a twitchy, wavering stance.

You hear something heavy moving around on the upper deck.

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2017, 04:29:52 PM »
"color=#009e60]FUCKING...   It's always my damn face...[/color]"   Jason spits the blood out of his mouth and rubs his nose.   Raising his rifle, he fires off a burst at the knockoff robot.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #177 on: April 27, 2017, 05:02:06 AM »
"Awe... It just keeps gettin' fuckin' better doesn't it? I'm comin' to help Jason, come on Lurch." Jamie takes off towards the ladder he saw Jason go up earlier, ready for a fight.

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2017, 08:27:19 AM »
The Gang Meets Mr. Roboto(s)
ROUND 1


Jason
You pull your rifle out, and quickly fire off a burst at the robot. [Point blank] [Fighter] [3 + 2 + 3 = 8] vs Ramshackle Robot [Bobbing and weaving] [5 + 2 = 7] Hit! You squeeze the trigger, and the line of bullets traces itself over the robot's shoulder, tearing through the wires and tubing! A spray of sparks and fluid coats the back wall, and the robot makes a strange gurgling sound as it stumbles, but stays up.

The ramshackle robot takes a swing at you! [Fighter] [5 + 3 = 8] vs [5] Miss! It pulls back its punch, giving you plenty of time to effortlessly duck out of the way as the metal fist collides with empty air.

Jamie
Pimblokto reattaches his helmet and you two quickly make your way to Lab 1. As you enter the lab you see Jason dodging a swing from a strange, cobbled together robot. Before you can step in, something big shifts upstairs, and another robot jumps down into the lab!

This one looks similar to the one Jason is fighting, mostly a frame covered in wires and tubing that hisses and grinds as it moves. The difference is that this one is as tall as Pimblokto and has two enormous arms the same size as its torso. It stands between you two and Jason, and reels back a punch aimed at Pimblokto. [No need] vs [1!] Pimblokto catches the fist neatly, and using the momentum- [Fighter] [Grappling] [8 + 3 + 3 = 14] vs [8] -throws the robot over his shoulder and into the door in the far wall. It's weight combined with the force of the throws crushes the steel plating, and the door is thrown off its hinges as the robot careens into the mess hall.

The mess hall itself is largely dark, but several small points of light appear in the back. You hear several somethings skitter against the metal floor as the lights get closer to the doorway.

Offline bostltch

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 116
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #179 on: April 28, 2017, 03:37:44 AM »
Jamie flinches back as he watches the robot slam through the door. "I don't even want to start to imagine the kind of spiders that made her think that yer necessary, but damned if she didn't do a fine job!"

He turns to look at Jason and feels pretty confident he can handle the one robot on his own so he raises his gun to fire at the several light sources coming from the mess hall.