Author Topic: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [No longer active]  (Read 6397 times)

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2017, 09:50:03 AM »
Glover shakily ducks behind cover as Cinder's rifle explodes, breathing a sigh of relief as he realizes he went unscathed throughout the entire shootout. Wow, maybe those moon-kings are looking out for 'ol Blanchard, eh? Standing from his position behind the desk and tucking his revolver into the holster concealed by his jacket, Glover vaults over the desk, walking on over towards the fallen form of Cinder.

"Ooh, ouch. Had that rifle set to well-done, eh? I prefer medium-rare." He prods a bit, before disdainfully spitting the aniseed twist he'd offered the merc down onto the floor. "Shoulda taken the damn candy, overcooked bastard..." Glover mutters, not even really focusing on Cinder himself as he turns and jogs over to the elevator.

"That didn't sound too good, boys. Jason, come on out; Holland, grab my hand, I have a feeling I'm gonna need to patch ya up." He stoops down and holds his hand out as he says this, reaching as close to Holland as he can.
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2017, 10:03:51 AM »
Cinder, for some odd reason grins at Glover's statement. He chuckles, and then winces, gripping at the bleeding wound beneath his arm. He otherwerise remains silent, observing the movements of everyone in the room.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »
Sighs lightly and moves over to the one who was talking about a Bea, "You should've left.. you shouldn't have even come here to begin with, and Cinder, what the fuck happened to you, I heard you lost your damn eye but why were you still working for the third after that. None of this would've happened and the majority of you wouldn't be dead right now!" His words came out somewhat soft if not somewhat pissed despite the burn across his arm still causing him lots of pain.

"I really don't take joy in killing people who don't deserve to die, none of the men or women needed to die here today."

Offline Lorknis

• Survivor
  • God of Fertility
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2017, 03:11:27 PM »
Holland would pass out from the pain of being lasered in the gut and then thrown back into the pit at the bottom of the elevator. He'd lay on his back, arms outstretched and wait till someone came for him. Not the worst situation he's been in but close...
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

We are never fighting alone.
Get up, get going,
I’ll meet you there.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »
Jason throws his gun across the shaft, followed by throwing himself over.   Upon getting across, he looks around the room at the dead bodies.   "Anyone other than Holland get hit?   Speaking of, where is Holland?"
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2017, 09:14:53 PM »
Jackson goes silent and doesn't look up. He simply takes the helmet off of Beatrice's body and looks at her face, gently brushing strands of dark hair out of it.

Cinder shakes his head, still grinning. He looks at Jackson and says "You don't get it. You don't just 'quit' the Third. If you get injured, can't fight or anything, they stuff you behind a desk handling supply requests or something. But you never leave." He coughs some more, flecks of red coming out of his mouth. "That's what they did with me. I couldn't fuckin' stand it, so I convinced them to let me take over this mission. This was supposed to be my big break." He laughs to himself. "Guess I lost that too."

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2017, 01:03:33 AM »
Goes to softly pat Jackson on the back before getting up from his knee, "Yeah, guess you fucked that up too, and ruined this guys life and got many of the others here killed, what the fuck were you even looking for anyways?" he'd say trying not to be a complete dick to the person who he figured just lost either his girlfriend or wife.

Turning to look at Jason he'd simply say, "I got caught in the arm by a laser but I'll be fine, the wound was cauterized as the laser past it just hurts like ever loving hell still." he'd reach back into his pack and pull out the bottle of pain pills before taking two of them.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2017, 01:04:22 AM »
"What the-" Jamie spits out as he is knocked back by the blast. Groaning as he pushes himself back up, the smartass joke he was about to make catches in his throat as he takes in the scene before him.

He looks at the mercenary holding his dead partner, muttering to himself, "Shite... You never get used to it." The idea of giving condolences comes to his mind but he realizes that it would be the last thing he'd want to hear from the people who just cut down his whole squad. Instead he just crosses himself and looks towards Cinder.

Jamie starts to walk to him with a scowl on his face and his hand in a fist. Ready throw insults at him before throwing blows, but his words are once again swallowed when he hears Cinder talk. His hand opens and his face softens slightly, knowing all too well how difficult it is to leave a life similar to his behind.

Regardless, he still wants more information so he looks down on him and speaks in a firm voice,  "Alright ya fuck, so what were you here lookin' for, and why's yer boss want it?  What was worth these poor bastards lives?"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:06:09 AM by bostltch »

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2017, 09:15:54 AM »
The Gang Picks Up the Pieces

Cinder shakes his head. "Wouldn't you like to know." He puts his thumb on his chin, in a thinking motion. "Just knowing what's out there... That can drive a man to do some crazy things. You wouldn't believe what I know about that treasure. Hell, it could-"

A voice perks up from the back of the room.
"Shut the fuck up, Adrian."
It was Jackson.

Cinder turns around with some difficulty, and you all see the mercenary helmetless. His hair was cut back in a short buzz, and his face had a tannish complexion with soft features and irritated, red eyes. You could tell he'd been crying.
In his hands he was holding his rifle, aimed from the hip at Cinder.

"I think everyone's had enough of your shit." He flicks a switch on the rifle, and the telltale bweeeee of a charging laser rifle emanates across the room. "You didn't know anything about the treasure coming in here. And you don't know anything now. So just shut. Up."

Cinder grins again. "Finally growing a pair, eh Jackie? About time. I was worried you were going soft on me."

Jackson remains stoic. "No." He lowers the rifle. "I am going soft. I'm done with this mercenary shit." He lets go of the weapon, and it clatters loudly on the floor. With that, Jackson bends down, and gathers up Beatrice in his arms and begins to walk out. Cinder grabs his leg as he walks past. He looked almost worried. "Hey, c'mon, this is work. Shit happens. Don't go walking out on me now." Jackson glares at him. "This-" He hefts up the body. "-this isn't 'shit'. I quit." He kicks off the hand and continues up the stairwell. Before he crosses the threshold, he says over his shoulder "Everything he knows he keeps in a briefcase that's in the speeder. The combination's 45-63." And he walks out.

Cinder sets his jaw and makes a tsk-ing sound, muttering something under his breath.

Jason
You swing across the gap [7] vs [3] with relative ease, landing on the other side. As you look around, you can't seem to find Holland, until you hear some gurgling sounds coming from behind you, in the elevator shaft. Looking in, you see Holland with a massive gash in his armor and a grievous burn wound across his stomach. He was half submerged in the water, with his legs sticking out and his torso and head under the surface. Judging by the bubbles, he was having trouble breathing.

Something changes upstairs.

You hear the sound of Jackson walking across the lobby, and you hear the door open and close. A set of lighter footsteps crosses the room quickly, some muffled words are exchanged, and the light footsteps continue across to the stairwell at a markedly faster pace. You hear someone descending the staircase quickly.

Offline Lorknis

• Survivor
  • God of Fertility
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2017, 02:36:20 PM »
Holland would at least attempt to wake himself up to prevent the possibility of drowning. Perhaps just sitting up against a wall would do the trick.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

We are never fighting alone.
Get up, get going,
I’ll meet you there.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2017, 02:42:04 PM »
Groans as he hears the sound of another set of feet rushing down the stairs, moving over behind a table he'd sit down now that it was tipped and it gave him cover. His thoughts were whoever was rushing down the stairs wasn't a friendly group of people but unless bullets started flying he wasn't gonna start shooting.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:19 PM »
"Ah shit, hang on bud."   Dumping his backpack and gun by the elevator doors, he hops down and grabs his arms, pulling him up and holding him up for Glover to grab.   After they try and haul him out, Jason climbs back out and grabs his gear.  Listening to the footsteps he thinks for a second.  "Probably Maria.   Hopefully Maria."
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2017, 09:10:07 PM »
Jamie looks over to the elevator shaft and the people scrambling to help Holland. I'd go to help, but at this point I'd probably just get in the way. The footsteps in the stairwell gets his attention and he turns to face it. As an extra precaution, he takes out his revolver again and points it at Cinder, "Alright then, 'Adrian,' don't try anything smart."

Offline Alcatraz

• Survivor
  • I sleep ontop of a hand grenade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2017, 04:21:21 AM »
(any room for a resident lurker who used to RP?)

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2017, 08:34:58 AM »
The Gang Gets the Ball Rolling Again

Jason
You manage to grab on one of Holland's vertical legs, and with some difficulty [5] vs [3] haul the man out of the elevator shaft and onto (mostly) dry ground. The water drains out of the hole in his suit, and after some coughing you hear his breathing return to normal.

Holland
You're pulled out of the water suddenly, and with a loud splashing noise and a metallic thunk you find that you can breath once more. However, that feeling of dread in your stomach has turned into a knot that weighs deeply on your gut. You should seek medical attention soon.

Someone arrives.
The footsteps finally reach the stairwell door, and you look to see a familiar face enter the room. It was Maria. She was wearing an olive drab rubber poncho with the hood up. Rainwater still clung to the surface of it and her arm protruded through the split in the front. She was holding a derringer-like pistol, with gunmetal barrels and an ivory grip. The barrels were wider than you normally saw on that kind of weapon.

"Guys! I'm here! I'm h-" she said, flinching as she sees Jeremiah ready to fire in her direction. She pauses as she takes in her surroundings, noting the three injured men and several dead bodies lying around the office. "-hoooly shit."
Her arm disappears into the poncho and she says, "You guys really can handle yourselves." She walks over to a nearby desk. "Well, while you guys were busy I took some liberties of my own. Check it out." Her arm reappears and with it, a thick black briefcase. It was obviously reinforced with dark metal plating on the corners and on the handle.

Cinder looked angry. "Hey, where the hell d-" He starts to get up, but his forehead brushes against Jamie's gun. He sneers. Maria continues, "I can't figure out how to get it open, but it looks important." She hefts the briefcase onto the desk and with a satisfied smile turns around to face Jamie and Cinder. "So what are we gonna do with this guy?"

It seems that you could try and crack the case, attend to your wounds, or deal with the prisoner.

Or you could do something else.