Author Topic: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [No longer active]  (Read 6398 times)

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [The Only Way Up is Down]
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2017, 10:25:40 AM »
Places his revolver back into it's holster before going and giving Holland a pain pill if he could swallow it down, trying to ease the pain for a bit, "The code is 45-63, and this place is bloody enough now that the fighting's done." he'd say, "Anybody know proper first aid, I can numb the pain with the pills but someones gonna need to stitch up that wound.. and I'm gonna need some burn salve for my arm."
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:02:26 PM by CockooClock »

Offline Lorknis

• Survivor
  • God of Fertility
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2017, 04:42:19 PM »
"Their vehicles," Holland sputters between every word, a trickle of blood forming at the side of his mouth, "Should have a kit in them. If they were hired by Twin Suns, then their ship would have an onboard automedical station. You fucking death squad won't kill Holland today... No, not today..."

He then lays flat on the ground after swallowing that pain pill.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
Harlan Ellison

We are never fighting alone.
Get up, get going,
I’ll meet you there.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 10, 2017, 07:17:25 PM »
"So, what will we do with you?" Jamie asks to cinder, still holding him at gun point. "Say we do let you go, which ya really wouldn't deserve, how do ya think yer boss will react to this? You'd be a dead man walkin', wouldn't ya?"

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2017, 07:57:51 PM »
Cinder coughs, more forcefully this time. He wipes away a droplet of blood from his lip. "Killing me here would be doing my boss a favor. But I got something you might need." He pauses, drawing in a breath. "If you guys are serious about this treasure, you'll need a way around the island. Take my speeder. It's linked to only start if I show it my implant, but if you let me go, I'll deactivate the lock. It'll be yours." His words are slower now, and his breathing is more labored. He's not smiling anymore.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2017, 08:22:50 PM »
"Wait, your implant?  So, is this like a proximity thing or...?   For your sake, I hope it's not, 'cause there ain't much stopping us from just cutting it out and stealing your speeder anyway..."
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2017, 08:28:20 PM »
Cinder sighs. "It's an ocular implant, sparky. It's connected to my brain. If that connection gets severed, it won't function." He sounded tired.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2017, 09:17:42 PM »
"Well, unless there's any other ideas, letting One Eye Willy here unlock his speeder for us would be pretty useful..."

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2017, 03:57:08 AM »
Looks at Cinder before letting out a sigh, "Unless you have a way of repairing internal damage I don't think you'll be getting very far, coughing up blood says that much." he'd say his expression once again soft, "I'm gonna need a refill after this is done.." he'd end up finishing before offering a pill to Cinder to also ease his pain. "Oh, don't let Holland sleep, he needs medical attention before hand or things are gonna go south."

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2017, 10:35:51 PM »
The Gang Learns Something New Every Day

A Secret is Revealed
Maria looks at Jeremiah with a puzzled expression. Turning back to the case, she enters the code on the small keypad and with a satisfying *click*, the latches holding the case closed become undone. "Wooow." she breathed. Pulling open the case, she looks inside. The interior was lined with a purple velvet padding, with a small sheaf of papers strapped to the bottom side and a small pistol strapped to the top. Maria promptly removes the papers, laying them out on the table.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Maria can't tear her gaze away from the pages. "Holy shit." she says, quietly.

A Man Bargains His Life
Cinder shakes his head. "I've done worse. Besides, I know a guy." He looks up at Jeremiah, then at the barrel of the gun pointed at him, then to the outstretched pill. After a moment he sighs, and with a shaky hand takes the pill and downs it. He mumbles a thanks. "So are you gonna get this pistol out of my face or what?"

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2017, 10:51:09 PM »
"...So we gotta track down three...   Keys?  To open Pandora's vault the Chamber and get us some loot?   Sounds tedious."  Jason looks over the papers some more, then moves his gaze over to the pistol strapped to the case.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2017, 01:09:31 AM »
Maria looks at Jason, "Are you kidding?" she asked, incredulously. "This is the closest anyone's ever been to the treasure. We're breaking some serious ground here."

Jason's gaze, however, is brought to the pistol sitting in the upper part of the case. It was unlike any handgun you'd ever seen before. The grip was shaped like it had been carved from a larger shoulder stock for a rifle, curving inwards but protruding much further back than normal, looking almost like a flintlock. The barrel was large and longer than average and had what looked like a small tube magazine underneath, but the most interesting part of this gun was the box strapped to the side of it. It was a small console interface, complete with an old screen and keyboard. It was about the size of a normal gun magazine. Several colorful wires ran from this box into the metal of the firing chamber. The whole thing looked old, maybe even antique, but well cared for.
(click to show/hide)
The console sat dormant, and you notice six shotgun slug sized rounds set into the velvet next to the pistol. They were colored bright orange, and each had two small pieces of metal sticking out of their ends.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2017, 02:02:51 AM »
"P-pistol!?" Jamie blurts out. "I oughta put a round in ya just for that! Do ya know how hard it was to get this antique beauty?" He slowly lowers the gun while glaring at Cinder. He turns and walks a little away and starts muttering, "Don't like it in yer face huh? Let see if ya like it when I shove it up yer arse..."

"Just remember that it doesn't take long to draw a gun and shoot if ya think about doin' anything funny."

Jamie starts looking around the room again while taking a drink from his flask. He remembers one of the mercenaries using a strange device to search the room with and goes to look for it, out of curiosity if nothing else.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2017, 03:08:58 AM »
Looks a little more closely at the shotgun rounds, the outer casing made it seem like they'd be dragons breath rounds but he didn't have something to use them in so he'd turned away. Looking over at Holland, "Anyone wanna help me find something to treat the wounded?" he'd ask before he'd started walking towards stairs waiting for a reply or someone to follow him.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2017, 03:42:13 AM »
Cinder mumbles something about "compensating" but otherwise stays quiet.

As Jamie searches the room, he finds the body of the 6th mercenary still warm in the center. He had thrashed a lot in his last moments, and many of the loose articles on him had gone in several different directions. You find a few spare charge cells for his rifle, scattered a few feet away alongside his dog tags. His name was Kenneth. Nearby, display still on, was the machine he was using to scan the room. Upon closer inspection you see that the beeping had stopped and the scanning display was devoid of any abnormalities, aside from a few flecks of blood. There's several buttons running alongside the display with labels written in Sino. You imagine with some know-how, you could modify the device to try and read different wavelengths of electromagnetic radiation.

(click to show/hide)

Jeremiah takes a closer look at the rounds, and while he can gather that they appear to be the size of a 20 gauge round, they lack any priming cap and could not be fired out of a conventional shotgun.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2017, 04:43:43 AM »
Looking up from his new toy, Jamie turns his head towards Jeremiah, "Right, let's get 'im stable before anything else." He sets the scanner somewhere it won't get stepped on and walks over to Cinder.

"So, was Holland right about the autodoc? If so, we're going up to unlock it and you'll get to trot off yer merry way."
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 04:48:44 AM by bostltch »