Author Topic: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [No longer active]  (Read 5962 times)

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Twin Suns Supply: Darkened Seas [Under the Cat's Paw]
« Reply #195 on: May 07, 2017, 09:27:44 PM »
"Whirlpool?   Wait...  SHIT!   Alright...   Jamie, find the ship controls and try to stop us from dying in the middle of the ocean, Pimblokto and me'll try and get the stupid computer thing we're here for."   Jason rattles off orders, then runs for the labs.  "IF YOU NEED US JUST YELL LOUDLY.   VERY LOUDLY."
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline bostltch

• NPC
  • Don't look at me! It was him!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2017, 12:46:55 AM »
"I'm startin' to get real tired of this fuckin' ship! It just keeps gettin' worse!" Jamie stops to listen to Jason before giving a mocking navy salute, "Aye aye Cap'n!"

He is about to make a dash up the ladder before he remembers the condition of the engine room. "Awe shite, the engine room is all smashed to hell! I'll go and give it a shot but if I can't get her to start I'm gonna have to go back down to try and put it back together." With a groan he takes off towards the ladder and up the the command deck to attempt to take control of the slowly dying ship.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2017, 09:03:47 AM »
The Gang Tries To Stop A Boat

Jason
Pimblokto nods as best as he can inside that enormous helmet and follows you as you two enter the second lab. The interior of this lab is similar to the first. Cabinet spaces line the walls, tools and spare electrical parts cover the countertops and floor. Several thick electrical cables dangle from the ceiling and on the end are various power tools used in machine and computer work. There is a low hum in this room that you can't pinpoint the source of. The central cabinet is similarly decorated with various spare parts, along with human entrails. They're draped across the countertop like a macabre tablecloth and are attached to the lower half of someone's body lying next to the cabinet. It's wearing a pair of jeans and some sneakers. Hanging off the belt is another ID card, on the card is a picture of a woman somewhere in her late 30's with dark skin and a pleasant smile. Her brown hair is tied back into a bun, and her name was Dancia Novak.

The upper half of her is on the other side of the room. Her short brown hair is lying on her head in dirty mats and her face is frozen in a look of fear. Gripped in her hand is a communicator, the kind civilians use to get in touch with eachother on the go. It's a rectangular piece of plastic with a large touch screen. The screen is cracked, but it looks operable.

Nothing else in the lab is of immediate interest, and the only exit is the one leading back into lab one.

Jamie
You scurry up the ladder, passing through the small corridor and running through the storage room. The room itself is fairly boring, the walls lined with boxes and unused science equipment. Passing through you reach the door to the bridge and enter.

Before you is a scene of barely contained chaos in this small room. The bridge's control panel is lit up with red flashing warnings and gauges spinning all over the place. Various alarms and buzzers sound off at random intervals coming together to form a symphony of distress. Rain spatters against the three intact glass panes that make up the front window. The fourth one has been shattered and the rainwater falling through is starting to make the floor slick. Remarkably, the ship appears to be controlled by a large steering wheel in the center of the control panel. Its spokes are spinning wildly as the ship teeters and totters on the rough, stormy sea. A two-way radio receiver dangles on a curly cord from the ceiling, and coming from it is a constant stream of static. On the bottom of the control panel tucked away is a fire extinguisher and a flare gun. There also seems to be a place to keep a medical kit, but the kit itself is missing.

In front of the ship you see massive storm clouds swirling around the ship, and off in the distance there's a dip in the sea. The water churns angrily there, almost straight in front of the bow. To your left, over the howling wind you hear the sound of a hover engine working hard, looking in that direction you see Samar and Maria's speeder doing its best to keep up with the ship's fast pace. The telescopic machine that was attached to the top is missing, and you figure out why as a wave smacks the speeder and crashes over its top, sweeping away anything that isn't flush with the surface. Leaning out the back is Maria, wearing her olive green poncho again. With one hand she hangs onto the side of the machine, and in the other is some kind of scanning instrument on a cord that goes back into the speeder. She seems to be saying something to presumably Samar inside the vehicle and hasn't noticed you yet.

Behind you is a door leading back into the storage room, still open from your hot entrance.

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 09, 2017, 03:50:07 AM »
Jamie runs and grabs ahold of the steering wheel to stop its uncontrolled moving and cranks it to the right. Looking frantically at the controls to try and see if he can't get the engines to start, though doubtful and is half expecting an express visit to the breach again to see about the damage.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 09, 2017, 04:32:17 AM »
Jamie
You grab hold of the wheel and spin it to the right. The ship creaks and groans as the steel bends against some unseen force, but it turns all the same. The tip of the ship begins to point away, sailing towards less hazardous seas. However, once you let go the wheel spins to the left and the bow drifts back towards the whirlpool, centering on it as if it was being pulled by some magnetic force.

Looking at the control panels, you locate the throttle. The power monitor shows zero charge, but the ignition key is still in the panel. You do your best to figure out the mechanism. [Mechanic] [1!] vs [No need] As you twist the key to get it started you hear another, more deep, mechanical hum. It seems like it's starting to work, then the ship hits a wave. You stumble, and twist the key too far! The thin metal snaps off, breaking the key in the starter position. The humming continues for a second and you hear a loud CHRUNK from within the ship. The humming stops.

((small update while I wait for Mrnocamera and also just to deliver some important info))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 04:37:00 AM by Hibou »

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 10, 2017, 04:38:57 AM »
Jamie looks at the half of the key still in his hand before closing his eyes and taking a deep breath to try and stay calm.

"FUCK!"

He throws it out of the broken window as hard as he can. "Fine." He grabs ahold of the wheel and once again turns it al the way to the right. Muttering under his breath, "Fuckin' cheap key..."

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2017, 07:56:30 AM »
Jamie
The key handle sails off into the storm, and you grip the ship's wheel. Spinning it all the way to the right, the ship groans and creaks again and you swear it feels like it's turning back against you. However, whatever force is there isn't strong enough to contest the rudder and the ship begins to move to the right of the whirlpool.

As you do so, the vision ahead seems to waver, like the air above the pavement on a hot day, and lights flash and dance in the water around the whirlpool. The speeder's engine revs and you see it pull up along the left side of the ship, lining itself up with the bow. Another wave buffets over it, but Maria doesn't seem like she's going to go back in any time soon, pointing her strange instrument at the ship and yelling at someone inside the vehicle.

((another small update while I go hunt down Mrnocamera))

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2017, 06:48:16 PM »
Jason hurries over to the halved human haunting the homely homeroom, and yanks the communicator out of the dead woman's hand, checking to see if it still works.   While he does so, he attempts to find the source of the humming.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 13, 2017, 07:09:03 AM »
The Gang Starts Seeing G-g-g-ghosts!(?)

Jason

Jamie
The ship's rudder stays where it's at, but you feel the wheel start to resist your turn as you get closer and closer to the whirlpool. Now it's coming into full view, swirling, churning waters opening up into a deep, cold watery depth. The ship itself creaks and groans, and the nose begins to pull towards the whirlpool. Inch by inch you are slowly losing control of the ship. You see Maria make a wide pointing motion with her arm towards the ship and the speeder banks to the right, bumping up against the bow of the ship. It looks like they're trying to adjust the course, but the speeder is dwarfed by the enormous metal ship and doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

The ship's radio receiver crackles with static, and the deck of the ship starts to tip towards the left. The fire extinguisher on the floor falls over and rolls towards the left side of the bridge. Rain patters in through the broken window, and lightning strikes off in the distance. The storm seems to be getting worse still.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:30:22 AM by Hibou »

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 14, 2017, 03:48:47 AM »
Jamie yells down as loud as he can to Jason "I DON'T KNOW WHAT YER DOIN' BUT HURRY IT THE FUCK UP! I DON'T THINK WE GOT MUCH TIME LEFT!"

Keeping the wheel turned the best he can, he tries to radio in to the girls for advice or an update in anything. Regardless if he can actually break through the static he'll stay manning the wheel until his efforts no longer seem to do anything for the ships path. If that happens he'll run down back to the lab to help Jason speed things along.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 14, 2017, 05:14:53 AM »
Jamie
You grab the radio receiver and give it a few clicks, but only the snowstorm on the other end responds. However, the ship hits another wave and as it's jostled by the force the receiver suddenly gives a loud screech, and then- a voice. It came through the receiver as clear as day.

"-ink I'm getting something! Life sign near the bow!" A short pause. "Yeah it just kinda appeared, bio signature says male, mid 20's." Another pause. "No, I don't know why!" The voice sounded like Maria, and she sounded frantic.

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2017, 11:59:40 PM »
Jason blinks a few times, seemingly dazed.   "A-uh...   Pimblo, go help...   Go help Jamie.   I've got this."    Clutching the crowbar from earlier, he taps on the wall a few times, trying to hear if there's anything hollow or such.

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2017, 05:59:50 AM »
Jason
Pimblokto nods as best as he can in that helmet and thumps off, headed towards the bridge. Meanwhile, you step around the corpse and get to tapping. The metal is hard, but as you hit it, it makes a unique sound, like a steel drum. Hitting it harder makes it sound more like a gong. In either case, it's a long shot from a dull thud.

Jamie
You hear something clunking across the floor and in the doorway appears your friendly local robot, Pimblokto. In his usual robotic tone he says, "I have arrived to assist you."

Offline bostltch

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 18, 2017, 05:27:18 AM »
Jamie is surprised and confused to see Pimblokto. "Huh? What are ya doin' here?" He looks back at the churning water and the wheel he's holding. "Awe shite! He can't be by himself there's somethin' down there!" Letting go of the wheel he starts back down to the lab, "Come on back down, this is a lost cause."

He rushes down to the labs with the intent to help Jason with whatever he's doing, stopping and whispering to him, "We need to move this fuckin' shite along! Not only are we about to get swallowed by the sea, there's somethin' else in here, somethin' alive that shouldn't be."

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2017, 07:44:49 PM »
"Well we search some more, then deal with it.   Wall's weird.  Something's probably behind it."