Author Topic: Wilderness survival. How do you do it?  (Read 2021 times)

Offline TheMightyHercules

• Survivor
  • How Mighty Are Ya?
    • View Profile
Re: Wilderness survival. How do you do it?
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2017, 01:09:24 AM »
You can smash shrubs and shit for withered plants now. :V

Oh? Time to update my game then! This'll help with my Wilderness (No buildings) challenge!

It wouldn't matter though, as my current character in the wilderness challenge can produce all the string he wants!*

...If I have a bunch of cattails*...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:34:01 AM by TheMightyHercules »

Offline mentos046

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2017, 05:57:34 AM »
Can bushes be re-foraged? Maybe at the start of a new season, or something? One of the largest logistical challenges I can think of with a static base of operations is the exhaustion of supplies.  If the bushes don't refresh, then you would have to travel farther and farther each day to keep foraging for food, or rely solely on animal meat, which would lend itself to quick health deterioration. Planting things would work, if planting wasn't impossible in Spring.

Edit: I'm not sure I'm using "logistical" correctly. Can anyone tell me if the term would apply in this circumstance?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:01:58 AM by mentos046 »

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2017, 09:53:19 AM »
They regrow when season changes. You can pluck more canvas sacks, glass bottles, or blood soaked rag from the new growth.

Agriculture based on wild vegetable and buckwheat should suffice.