Author Topic: FULL WikiLeaks Vault 7 Press Conference on CIA (Mar 9, 2017)  (Read 1152 times)

Offline Ferodaktyl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
FULL WikiLeaks Vault 7 Press Conference on CIA (Mar 9, 2017)
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »
https://youtu.be/uO9_P0YXXJY

it's the full 1h press conference. Opinions ?

i'll start them.
so, there's no way for true privacy/safety online, even off line. How do we approach this situation ? As a nobody, i am not really affected, as long as i remain a nobody. But, keep in mind that any idiotic, compromising or sensitive shit you ever put on any electronic media can be stored and used against you years from now, and that is scary.

Offline Steelfist

• NPC
  • FETUS POOOOOWEEEER!
    • View Profile
Re: FULL WikiLeaks Vault 7 Press Conference on CIA (Mar 9, 2017)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:22:26 AM »
Dr Pavel, I'm CIA.
Spider       Chord              Spider                      Chord                             Spider                                      Chord

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:57:41 AM »

so, there's no way for true privacy/safety online, even off line.
IDK what you mean by "Safety", but nothing about these leaks indicates that there is no way to maintain privacy on or offline.
The security community has been aware that various fedral agencies, mostly the CIA, NSA, and FBI, have been finding and stockpiling 0-day exploits for various pieces of software for decades.
There are active exploits for a lot of systems, but not all, and most aren't passive exploits, they require a directed hack into your computer before they can be triggered.
How do we approach this situation ? As a nobody, i am not really affected, as long as i remain a nobody. But, keep in mind that any idiotic, compromising or sensitive shit you ever put on any electronic media can be stored and used against you years from now, and that is scary.
Well, don't say idiotic, compromising or sensitive shit online, that was easy.  If you need to communicate securely, there are a number of options that aren''t compromised.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 02:36:13 AM »
General political argument moved to trump thread.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Lyca0n

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 03:35:22 AM »
Sorry about that man