Author Topic: LUA Mapgen Problems  (Read 858 times)

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
LUA Mapgen Problems
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:30:30 PM »
I've been experimenting with the LUA mapgen method to make an interesting procedural house with many potential variants and so far I've been met only by the same error from the game when attempting to generate the map;
DEBUG: map::saven grid (0,0,0) uninitialized!
FUNCTION: void map::saven(int, int, int)
FILE: src/map.cpp
LINE: 6524
From what I can gather that can only come about if a totally blank map of t_null had been generated which means the LUA code isn't actually being executed at all which is frustrating. Could anyone with more in-depth knowledge shine a light on this and either tell me what I'm doing wrong?
I'm using experimental build 6003 from the 3rd of December 2016 if that sheds any light on the matter.
Offending code below in spoiler/quote.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: LUA Mapgen Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:17:16 AM »
A map is uninitialized if upper-left (coord 0,0) tile is null, not necessarily the entire map.
Try creating a minimal example that works and progressing from there. Or at least forcing different error message - I'm not sure if the Lua interface reports the errors properly.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 03:11:26 AM »
Just a warning, LUA support is under the axe, we haven't had any significant use out of it, and we've sunk a LOT of effort into it, it's probably going to be gone by June or so.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 03:20:59 PM »
After some further experimentation I simply can't get a result out of the LUA mapgen method or the lua json method entry even using a single line of map:fill_background or map:draw_fill_backround or other variations without the same result of the game complaining about 0,0 0,1 1,0 and 1,1 being uninitialized then failing to generate submaps b before promptly crashing.
I'm aware it's days are numbered that's kind of what prompted me to play around with it before it's gone and I'm not expecting anyone to put any further effort into it if there is some underlying backend problem preventing this. If anyone's experimented with using LUA to spice up mapgen I'd appreciate it if you shared your experience with it.

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:12:02 PM »
You need to use `map:draw_square_ter` function, not `square_ter`, also you need to provide `ter_str_id`, not a string as first parameter of this function.

Code will be like this:
Code: [Select]
map:draw_square_ter(ter_str_id("t_grass"),0,0,23,23)

Same for `line_ter` and `line_furn` functions, which should be `draw_line_ter` and `draw_line_furn`.

Functions `ter_set`/`furn_set` takes `tripoint` and `ter_str_id`/`furn_str_id` as arguments, so it will be like this:

map:ter_set(tirpoint(16,10,0),ter_str_id("t_console"))
map:furn_set(tripoint(18,13,0),furn_str_id("f_indoor_plant"))

Function `game.rng` takes two `int` parameters.

It is possible to move script to external file:

"script": [
          "dofile('./data/json/mapgen_lua/dojo.lua')"
        ]

When lua mapgen script is in external file it will also be easier to test it using LUA debug console and following command:

dofile('./data/json/mapgen_lua/dojo.lua')

Here is an example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm8rpd1bhkhu9f5/cdda_lua_mapgen_example.zip?dl=0

`dojo` building was replaced with your house using lua mapgen

Here is another example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gn2p4sgmt5gdmz/cdda_mapgen_mil_surplus.zip?dl=0

`mil_surplus` buidling using lua mapgen (don't mind excess amount of loot - i didn't add check for loot spawn chance yet )
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:40:17 PM by Zhilkin »

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 07:15:08 AM »
This is exactly what I had hoped to see and if you don't mind I'm going to use these examples (formatting and all) to really flesh this little project out, it's a shame I didn't notice your reply earlier.

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 07:45:59 PM »
I believe lua-generated buildings won't be automatically rotated and that will severely hinders lua mapgen usefulness.

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 07:22:43 AM »
Looking through the source code of catalua.cpp, I've found that terrain type and current turn are already being exposed to global variables tertype and turn, so one can use them like this:

print ("degrading:".._G.tertype.." in turn:"..tostring(_G.turn))
game.add_msg ("degrading:".._G.tertype.." in turn:"..tostring(_G.turn))

It will be also possible to get a rotation of the building (and rotate it accordingly) as tertype variable contains not only id of the overmap terrain, but also direction suffix (_north, _south, _east or _west).

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2017, 10:28:17 PM »
Hmm I've found that both the examples you've provided and all my further attempts at experimenting with them just result in the same error as in the OP, any ideas?

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2017, 07:35:57 AM »
Hmm I've found that both the examples you've provided and all my further attempts at experimenting with them just result in the same error as in the OP, any ideas?

The examples I provided should both work out-of-the box.

You have probably did something wrong in the code. First of all, make sure you have filled all of the with map with some terrain, like this:

--Init map (fill whole square with dirt)
map:draw_square_ter(ter_str_id("t_grass"),0,0,23,23)

Also please tell which CDDA version you are using - is it latest experimental, 0.C or something else?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 10:43:48 PM by Zhilkin »

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »
I'm using experimental version 6003 and I hadn't considered that version would be a problem, I'll leaf through the github to see if there's been a change which has broken it. I'll also add that the log file that that would be written to is blank if that says anything.

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2017, 10:51:48 PM »
Can you drop somewhere lua mapgen file that causes errors?

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2017, 09:39:45 PM »
Even with 0.C none of the examples you've provided work even out the box, causing the same uninitialised grid error and placing a copy of the overmap I've moved from in place of whatever the LUA would generate which is frustrating.

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 11:17:24 AM »
Older versions of DDA had somewhat different LUA-functions. Either use latest experimental DDA version or change function calls.

For example, you should use
map:square_ter(id,basex+x1,basey+y1,basex+x2,basey+y2)

instead of:
map:draw_square_ter(ter_str_id(id),basex+x1,basey+y1,basex+x2,basey+y2)

Also ids of terrain and furniture are changed between version, so it is likely you will also need to change ids of some terrains. For example `t_wall` in latest experimental was separated to two instance `t_wall_h` and `t_wall_v` previously.

version 0.C
    map = {
        attributes = {
        },
        functions = {
            ter = {
                args = {"int", "int"},
                rval = "int"
            },
            ter_set = {
                args = {"int", "int", "string"},
                rval = nil
            },
            ter_iset = {
                cpp_name = "ter_set",
                args = {"int", "int", "int"},
                rval = nil
            },

furn = {
                args = {"int", "int"},
                rval = "int"
            },
            furn_set = {
                args = {"int", "int", "string"},
                rval = nil
            },
            line_ter = {
                cpp_name = "draw_line_ter",
                args = {"string", "int", "int", "int", "int"},
                rval = nil
            },
            line_furn = {
                cpp_name = "draw_line_furn",
                rval = nil
            },
            fill_background = {
                cpp_name = "draw_fill_background",
                args = {"string"},
                rval = nil
            },
            square_ter = {
                cpp_name = "draw_square_ter",
                rval = nil
            },
            square_furn = {
                cpp_name = "draw_square_furn",
                rval = nil
            },
            rough_circle = {
                cpp_name = "draw_rough_circle",
                args = {"string", "int", "int", "int"},
                rval = nil
            },
            place_items = {
                args = {"string", "int", "int", "int", "int",  "int", "bool", "int"},
                rval = nil
            }
        }

latest experimental
    map = {
        attributes = {
        },
        functions = {
            { name = "accessible_furniture", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "accessible_items", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "add_camp", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string" } },
            { name = "add_corpse", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "add_field", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "add_item", rval = "item&", args = { "tripoint", "item" } },
            { name = "add_item_or_charges", rval = "item&", args = { "tripoint", "item" } },
            { name = "add_item_or_charges", rval = "item&", args = { "tripoint", "item", "bool" } },
            { name = "add_spawn", rval = nil, args = { "mtype_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "add_spawn", rval = nil, args = { "mtype_id", "int", "int", "int", "bool" } },
            { name = "add_spawn", rval = nil, args = { "mtype_id", "int", "int", "int", "bool", "int" } },
            { name = "add_spawn", rval = nil, args = { "mtype_id", "int", "int", "int", "bool", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "add_spawn", rval = nil, args = { "mtype_id", "int", "int", "int", "bool", "int", "int", "string" } },
            { name = "add_trap", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "trap_id" } },
            { name = "adjust_field_age", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int" } },
            { name = "adjust_field_strength", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int" } },
            { name = "adjust_radiation", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "allow_camp", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "ambient_light_at", rval = "float", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "bash_rating", rval = "int", args = { "int", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "bash_rating", rval = "int", args = { "int", "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "bash_resistance", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "bash_resistance", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "bash_strength", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "bash_strength", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "board_vehicle", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "player" } },
            { name = "can_move_furniture", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "can_move_furniture", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "player" } },
            { name = "can_put_items", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "clear_path", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "clear_spawns", rval = nil, args = { } },
            { name = "clear_traps", rval = nil, args = { } },
            { name = "climb_difficulty", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "close_door", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "bool", "bool" } },
            { name = "collapse_at", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "collapse_check", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "combined_movecost", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "coord_to_angle", rval = "int", args = { "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "could_see_items", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "Creature" } },
            { name = "creature_in_field", rval = nil, args = { "Creature" } },
            { name = "creature_on_trap", rval = nil, args = { "Creature" } },
            { name = "creature_on_trap", rval = nil, args = { "Creature", "bool" } },
            { name = "crush", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "decay_fields_and_scent", rval = nil, args = { "int" } },
            { name = "delete_graffiti", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "delete_signage", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "destroy", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "destroy", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "destroy_furn", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "destroy_furn", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "disarm_trap", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "disp_name", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "displace_vehicle", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "displace_water", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "draw_circle_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_circle_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_str_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_circle_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_str_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_circle_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "float", "float", "float" } },
            { name = "draw_circle_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_fill_background", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id" } },
            { name = "draw_fill_background", rval = nil, args = { "ter_str_id" } },
            { name = "draw_line_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_line_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_str_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_line_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_line_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_str_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_rough_circle_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_rough_circle_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_str_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_rough_circle_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_rough_circle_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_str_id", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_square_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_square_furn", rval = nil, args = { "furn_str_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_square_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "draw_square_ter", rval = nil, args = { "ter_str_id", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "features", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "field_at", rval = "field&", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "flammable_items_at", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "free_volume", rval = "volume", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "furn", rval = "furn_id", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "furn_set", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "furn_id" } },
            { name = "furn_set", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "furn_str_id" } },
            { name = "furnname", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "get_abs_sub", rval = "tripoint", args = { } },
            { name = "get_field", rval = "field_entry&", args = { "tripoint", "field_id" } },
            { name = "get_field_age", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id" } },
            { name = "get_field_strength", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id" } },
            { name = "get_radiation", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "get_signage", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "get_ter_transforms_into", rval = "ter_id", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "getabs", rval = "tripoint", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "getlocal", rval = "tripoint", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "getmapsize", rval = "int", args = { } },
            { name = "graffiti_at", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_adjacent_furniture", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_flag", rval = "bool", args = { "string", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_flag_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "string", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_flag_ter", rval = "bool", args = { "string", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_flag_ter_or_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "string", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_floor", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_floor_or_support", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_graffiti_at", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_items", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_nearby_fire", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "has_nearby_fire", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "has_zlevels", rval = "bool", args = { } },
            { name = "hit_with_acid", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "hit_with_fire", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "i_at", rval = "map_stack", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "i_clear", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "i_rem", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "i_rem", rval = "item_stack_iterator", args = { "tripoint", "item_stack_iterator" } },
            { name = "i_rem", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "item" } },
            { name = "impassable", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "impassable_ter_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "inbounds", rval = "bool", args = { "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "inbounds", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "is_bashable", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "is_bashable", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "is_bashable_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "is_bashable_ter", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "is_bashable_ter", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "is_bashable_ter_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "is_bashable_ter_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "is_divable", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "is_outside", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "item_from", rval = "item&", args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "light_transparency", rval = "float", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "load", rval = nil, args = { "int", "int", "int", "bool" } },
            { name = "make_rubble", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "make_rubble", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "furn_id", "bool" } },
            { name = "make_rubble", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "furn_id", "bool", "ter_id" } },
            { name = "make_rubble", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "furn_id", "bool", "ter_id", "bool" } },
            { name = "max_volume", rval = "volume", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "mop_spills", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "move_cost", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "move_cost_ter_furn", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "name", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "on_vehicle_moved", rval = nil, args = { "int" } },
            { name = "open_door", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "open_door", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "bool", "bool" } },
            { name = "passable", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "passable_ter_furn", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "pl_sees", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "place_gas_pump", rval = nil, args = { "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "place_gas_pump", rval = nil, args = { "int", "int", "int", "string" } },
            { name = "place_npc", rval = "int", args = { "int", "int", "npc_template_id" } },
            { name = "place_spawns", rval = nil, args = { "mongroup_id", "int", "int", "int", "int", "int", "float" } },
            { name = "place_toilet", rval = nil, args = { "int", "int" } },
            { name = "place_toilet", rval = nil, args = { "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "place_vending", rval = nil, args = { "int", "int", "string" } },
            { name = "put_items_from_loc", rval = nil, args = { "string", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "put_items_from_loc", rval = nil, args = { "string", "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "random_outdoor_tile", rval = "point", args = { } },
            { name = "remove_field", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "field_id" } },
            { name = "remove_trap", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "save", rval = nil, args = { } },
            { name = "sees", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "sees_some_items", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "Creature" } },
            { name = "set_field_age", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int" } },
            { name = "set_field_age", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int", "bool" } },
            { name = "set_field_strength", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int" } },
            { name = "set_field_strength", rval = "int", args = { "tripoint", "field_id", "int", "bool" } },
            { name = "set_graffiti", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string" } },
            { name = "set_radiation", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "set_signage", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string" } },
            { name = "set_temperature", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "smash_items", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "int" } },
            { name = "spawn_an_item", rval = "item&", args = { "tripoint", "item", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "spawn_artifact", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "spawn_item", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string" } },
            { name = "spawn_item", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string", "int" } },
            { name = "spawn_item", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "spawn_item", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "spawn_item", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "string", "int", "int", "int", "int" } },
            { name = "spawn_monsters", rval = nil, args = { "bool" } },
            { name = "stored_volume", rval = "volume", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "supports_above", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "ter", rval = "ter_id", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "ter_set", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "ter_id" } },
            { name = "ter_set", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "ter_str_id" } },
            { name = "tername", rval = "string", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "tr_at", rval = "trap&", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "trans", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "translate", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "ter_id" } },
            { name = "trap_set", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint", "trap_id" } },
            { name = "translate_radius", rval = nil, args = { "ter_id", "ter_id", "float", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "trigger_rc_items", rval = nil, args = { "string" } },
            { name = "unboard_vehicle", rval = nil, args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "valid_move", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint" } },
            { name = "valid_move", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint", "bool" } },
            { name = "valid_move", rval = "bool", args = { "tripoint", "tripoint", "bool", "bool" } },
            { name = "veh_part_coordinates", rval = "point", args = { "tripoint" } },
            { name = "water_from", rval = "item", args = { "tripoint" } },
        }
    },
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:27:49 AM by Zhilkin »

Offline Catasteroid

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 01:49:25 AM »
Ok in the latest experimental it seems to be working fine and dandy in the game's data folder though the game reports that there's a syntax error in prochouse1.lua after '",' on line 50(???). I had tried to make the house just generate on north-facing instances to avoid rotation weirdness but it's refusing to run now.
Here's the json and lua file:
prochouse1.json :
[
  {
    "id": "prochouse_1",
    "type": "overmap_terrain",
    "name": "house_north",
"om_terrain": [ "house_north" ],
    "see_cost": 5,
    "mondensity": 2,
    "extras": "build",
    "mapgen": [
      {
        "method": "lua",
        "weight": 100000,
        "script": [
          "dofile('./data/json/mapgen_lua/prochouse1.lua')\n"
        ]
      }
    ],
    "flags": [ "SIDEWALK" ]
  }
]

prochouse1.lua :
-- Major credit to Zhilkin for providing LUA solutions
-- lua procgen house, hopefully this looks a little more like it was designed and lived in by people
-- and not generated by a computer
--
--
-- "...........ss...........",
--  ".----------+v----------.",
--  ".|       |    |       |.",
--  ".|       +    +       |.",
--  ".|---------  ---------|.",
--  ".|-------|    |-------|.",
--  ".----------+-----------.",
--  ".ssssssss|    |sssssss*.",
--  ".ssssssss|    |ssssssss.",
--  ".ssssssss--+v--s*s*s*s*.",
--  ".ssssssssssssssssssssss.",
--  "........................"

-- *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** --

Log = require("./lua/Log")
MapGen = require("./lua/MapGen")

local OvermapName = "house"

local function Draw ()

Log.Message ("Mapgen:"..OvermapName.."\n")

MapGen.Init()

-- some initial functions
function window_or_curtain ()
  if game.one_in(6) then
    return "t_curtains"
  end
  return "t_window_domestic"
end
function door_locked_or_not ()
  if game.one_in(5) then
    return "t_door_c_peep"
  end
  return "t_door_locked_peep"
end
function door_closed_or_not ()
  if game.one_in(3) then
    return "t_door_o"
  end
  return "t_door_c"
end
local walltype = "t_wall"
if game.one_in(2) then
walltype = "t_brick_wall"
end
local lowalls = game.rng(1,2)
local lowindow = game.rng(1,2)
local looffice = game.rng(1,2)
local lomdoor = game.rng(1,3)
-- fill the place with grass and add the front sidewalk
map:fill_background("t_grass")
MapGen.LineTerrain ("t_sidewalk",11,0,12,0)
-- to begin let's get the initial wallplan down
if lowalls == 1 then
MapGen.SquareTerrain(walltype,1,1,22,16)
MapGen.SquareTerrain("t_floor",2,2,21,15)

MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,1,16,21,16)
else
MapGen.SquareTerrain(walltype,1,1,22,19)
MapGen.SquareTerrain("t_floor",2,2,21,18)
end
Log.Message ("Wall Layout: "..lowalls.."\n")
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,9,2,9,17)
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,14,2,14,17)
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,2,7,10,7)
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,13,7,21,7)

MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,2,13,8,13)
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,15,13,21,13)
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,1,16,21,16)
MapGen.LineTerrain (walltype,1,18,8,18)
-- and the yard/patio area
if lowalls == 1 then
MapGen.SquareTerrain("t_sidewalk",1,17,8,19)
MapGen.SquareTerrain("t_sidewalk",15,17,22,19)
end
MapGen.SquareTerrain("t_sidewalk",1,20,22,22)
-- now for some windows

MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),12,1)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),12,19)
if lowindow == 1 then
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),4,1,7,1)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),16,1,18,1)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),1,3,1,5)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),22,3,22,5)
if lowalls == 1 then
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),4,16,7,16)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),16,16,18,16)
else
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),4,19,7,19)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),16,19,18,19)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),1,15,1,17)
MapGen.LineTerrain (window_or_curtain(),22,15,22,17)
end
else
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),4,1)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),7,1)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),16,1)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),18,1)
if lowalls == 1 then
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),4,16)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),7,16)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),16,16)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),18,16)
else
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),4,19)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),7,19)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),16,19)
MapGen.PointTerrain(window_or_curtain(),18,19)
end
end
Log.Message ("Window Layout: "..lowindow.."\n")

-- and doors, external...
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_locked_or_not(),11,1)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_locked_or_not(),11,19)
-- ...and internal
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),9,4)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),14,4)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),9,10)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),14,10)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),9,15)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),14,15)
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),14,15)
-- middle dividing door(s) (or space)
if game.one_in(3) then
if one_in(2) then
MapGen.LineTerrain (door_closed_or_not(),11,7,12,7)
else
if game.one_in(2) then
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),11,7)
MapGen.PointTerrain(walltype,12,7)
else
MapGen.PointTerrain(door_closed_or_not(),12,7)
MapGen.PointTerrain(walltype,11,7)
end
end
end
-- study/office/game room
local desklength = game.rng(1,2) -- actually a length of 2-3
local deskstart = 0
local deskend = 0
local deskoffset = game.rng(1,3)
local desk = game.rng(1,3)
local chairoffset = game.rng(0,desklength)
local bcase = game.rng(15,18)
local bcaselength = game.rng(2,3)
-- desk/bookcase/counter placement switch
  if desk == "1" then
  -- desk against far right wall
  deskstart = 7 + deskoffset
  deskend = deskstart + desklength
      MapGen.LineFurniture("f_desk",22,deskstart,22,deskend)
  MapGen.PointFurniture("f_chair",21,deskstart+chairoffset)
  if game.one_in(2) then
    MapGen.PointTerrain("t_console",22,deskstart+chairoffset)
  end
  if game.one_in(3) then
    MapGen.PointFurniture("f_indoor_plant",15,10)
  end
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_counter",15,13,20,13)
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_bookcase",bcase,13,bcase+bcaselength,13)
elseif desk == "2" then
  -- desk against top wall
  deskoffset = game.rng(1,4)
  deskstart = 15 + deskoffset
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_desk",deskstart,8,deskend,8)
  MapGen.PointFurniture("f_chair",deskstart+chairoffset,9)
  if game.one_in(2) then
    MapGen.PointTerrain("t_console",deskstart+chairoffset,8)
  end
  if game.one_in(3) then
    MapGen.PointFurniture("f_indoor_plant",18,12)
  end
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_bookcase",19,13,21,13)
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_counter",15,13,17,13)
else
  -- desk against bottom wall
  deskoffset = game.rng(1,4)
  deskstart = 15 + deskoffset
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_desk",deskstart,12,deskend,12)
  MapGen.PointFurniture("f_chair",deskstart+chairoffset,11)
  if game.one_in(2) then
    MapGen.PointTerrain("t_console",deskstart+chairoffset,12)
  end
  if game.one_in(3) then
    MapGen.PointFurniture("f_indoor_plant",18,8)
  end
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_bookcase",19,10,21,10)
  MapGen.LineFurniture("f_counter",15,10,17,10)
end

end

Log.Start ()

Draw ()

Log.End ()