Author Topic: JSON, misadventures in Modding and tears. [please help...]  (Read 783 times)

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: JSON, misadventures in Modding and tears. [please help...]
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2017, 12:07:09 AM »
Don't be so excited - I've heard factions are broken. :)

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2017, 12:54:20 AM »
Don't be so excited - I've heard factions are broken. :)

Yeah but I think that nids would add to the experance. Not Chaos Marines or Eldar or anything like that yet but a few bolters, a chainsword, some diffrent types of rounds and Power Armor. If I can get that, I'll work on balance. After that, I'll add more stuff. Maybe Sorotas or Imperial Guard things. Then the cycle of add-ballance will begin again.

Also, yeah, the explosion is WAY to big. I removed the explosion flag and am just using the frag now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 12:55:59 AM by Wulfle »

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2017, 01:41:11 AM »
You can create custom explosions.
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline StopSignal

• Survivor
  • Never stop drawing!
    • View Profile
    • You can see my drawings here!
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2017, 02:54:33 AM »
After coming from programming class, seeing how eager you are makes me inspired. Head on, pal!

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 04:34:54 AM »
You can create custom explosions.

I dunno haow...! *cries*

After coming from programming class, seeing how eager you are makes me inspired. Head on, pal!

I'm rather self-taught. I started learning on RUBY and did a bit of Python and Java as well as some rudimentary C and C# but nothing really noteworthy. I'm glad that I inspired you!

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2017, 04:45:42 AM »
One moment, I'll create an example item. If you want to, you can search JSON_INFO for "explosion"; it should tell you what fields work.
Inactive.

If you have questions about my posts, send me a PM.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2017, 05:33:27 AM »
One moment, I'll create an example item. If you want to, you can search JSON_INFO for "explosion"; it should tell you what fields work.

This dropped my jaw. The sheer niceness of this community is shocking. Nowhere have I gone, have people been this nice.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2017, 06:04:22 PM »
Honestly, everyone thank you all so much for all the help! I've got another problem now, though...

I can't stop making stuff!

I've already added three different types of Boltgun round and made it all work! I love this!

Hmmm. I wonder if there's a way to make a flame thrower that takes another kind of fuel (promethium), burns for a while and sets enemy's on fire and be unable to put it out...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:38:05 PM by Wulfle »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 08:39:10 PM »
Minor nitpick: Your ammo type's name says .75mm.

.75 caliber is 3/4 of a inch, 75mm is almost 3 inches, and 3/4 of a millimeter is too little dakka even for eldar. XP

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 10:04:13 PM »
Minor nitpick: Your ammo type's name says .75mm.

.75 caliber is 3/4 of a inch, 75mm is almost 3 inches, and 3/4 of a millimeter is too little dakka even for eldar. XP

You're right! I'll change it now.

What about other factions? I've got a Bolter, a Bolt pistol, I'm having trouble with A Storm Bolter and then, after I do that, A Heavy Bolter. Then a couple of melee weapons, like a chainsword and a few monomolecular blades.

Actually, I could use a little bit of help on the StormBolter. I can't figure out the code to make it fire ten rounds on automatic in one round.

I might do Orks next. Make it so that you can put guns on guns on guns as attatchments and the fire them all at once. I don't even know how I'm going to do that but there's never enough dakka.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 10:38:55 PM »
Look at the burst options for existing guns. A lot of them define a set number of rounds for their full-auto and burst settings, and that can be used to give storm bolters a set burst size.

As for other factions, that's in the json/npc folder if I recall. But can always go the lazy way and mod in orks and other Fun things as monsters instead of NPCs. If only it was possible to make NPCs of a given faction react more strongly to visible mutations...

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 10:44:13 PM »
Look at the burst options for existing guns. A lot of them define a set number of rounds for their full-auto and burst settings, and that can be used to give storm bolters a set burst size.

As for other factions, that's in the json/npc folder if I recall. But can always go the lazy way and mod in orks and other Fun things as monsters instead of NPCs. If only it was possible to make NPCs of a given faction react more strongly to visible mutations...

I figured out the automatic code! It only works when targeting something. It doesn't work out of combat. Now I'm working on a flamer filled with holy promethium to cleanse the planet! Also, Tyranids would be the easyist least hard to actually work out. Like, Gaunts, Geans and Warriors are all able to be done in JSON. I don't know much about code but I am learning and I like it!

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 09:14:24 AM »
Nice. Now if only mods could be set to add content that applies only if other mods are detected. Then you could add jeanstealers if the Crazy Cataclysm mod is enabled. XP

That reminds me, I once worked on mocking up an orky truck. Should add a big old engine, then have a vehicle part that counts as a more powerful engine, requiring the normal engine plus red paint to install.

And never forget:
(click to show/hide)

Give it cutting quality, butchering quality, woodcutting quality, digging quality, prying quality, hammering quality...

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2017, 10:17:27 AM »
Mods can be dependent on other mods. There are should be two mods: main mod and sub mod which depends both on main mod and crazy_cataclysm.

[
  {
    "type": "MOD_INFO",
    "ident": "WH40KGuns",
    "name": "WH40K Guns",
    "authors": [ "Wulfle" ],
    "maintainers": [ "Wulfle" ],
    "description": "Adds a bunch of weapons from WH40K.",
    "category": "items",
    "dependencies": [ "dda" ]
  }
]

[
  {
    "type": "MOD_INFO",
    "ident": "WH40KGunsCrazy",
    "name": "WH40K Guns (Crazy stuff)",
    "authors": [ "Wulfle" ],
    "maintainers": [ "Wulfle" ],
    "description": "Adds a bunch of crazy stuff from WH40K.",
    "category": "items",
    "dependencies": [ "dda", "crazy_cataclysm", "WH40KGuns" ]
  }
]

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2017, 10:24:33 AM »
Eh, only worth it if orky guns with orky recipes are in the crazy version. Speaking of which, have a completely untested pile of memes.

(click to show/hide)