Author Topic: JSON, misadventures in Modding and tears. [please help...]  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: JSON, misadventures in Modding and tears. [please help...]
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 04:39:35 PM »
Nice. Now if only mods could be set to add content that applies only if other mods are detected. Then you could add jeanstealers if the Crazy Cataclysm mod is enabled. XP

That reminds me, I once worked on mocking up an orky truck. Should add a big old engine, then have a vehicle part that counts as a more powerful engine, requiring the normal engine plus red paint to install.

And never forget:
(click to show/hide)

Give it cutting quality, butchering quality, woodcutting quality, digging quality, prying quality, hammering quality...

"description" : "An axe, covered in red paint and slightly rusted. 'Da ChOppa' is scratched, in barely legible script, on the side.",

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 04:46:02 PM »
Eh, only worth it if orky guns with orky recipes are in the crazy version. Speaking of which, have a completely untested pile of memes.

(click to show/hide)

This is hilarious! It just fits so well!

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 04:48:05 PM »

I was just about to say check the code I posted. I still need to give it a check for load errors and other fun stuff, I kinda hashed it out in the middle of the night. @.@

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 04:56:57 PM »

I was just about to say check the code I posted. I still need to give it a check for load errors and other fun stuff, I kinda hashed it out in the middle of the night. @.@

Hey, that's fine. I sort of stumbled into modding from a coffee-induced haze at 4:30AM. Honestly, I'm more survivor than I like to admit...

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 08:35:14 PM »
Breaking the code is my natural state of being. Now I clearly need to mod in a trukk. Good excuse to revive my ancient abandoned idea of a giant, 3000-displacement (for reference, V12 has an even 1200) engine like I was originally tempted to do for Tankmod.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 08:43:41 PM »
Breaking the code is my natural state of being. Now I clearly need to mod in a trukk. Good excuse to revive my ancient abandoned idea of a giant, 3000-displacement (for reference, V12 has an even 1200) engine like I was originally tempted to do for Tankmod.

Three thous....... Do it... Do it and make a trukk that breaks the land-speed record... Make it go six times the speed of sound and so resilient that it takes a tank shell! OH! I'm going to make it so that you can't repair it without "Da nowage of Gork 'n Mork". It's going to be a book, made of human skin and teeth, written in crayon with half the letters backwards and blood soaking most of the pages that, when you read it, you gain "Orky nowlage". It lets you repair things that are broken simply by believing with copious amounts of alcohol.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 08:45:27 PM »
That is glorious. And don't forget a recipe for Squig Walker: Red Label. 'cuz it zogs ya in da brain fasta!

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2017, 08:58:09 PM »
That is glorious. And don't forget a recipe for Squig Walker: Red Label. 'cuz it zogs ya in da brain fasta!

I'm going to give it the flag [stimulant 4] and make it super duper addictive.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2017, 09:06:12 PM »
Now I wonder how to add gargants as vehicles...probably only works as a monster, especially if it spawns a few pissed-off boyz on fire when taken out. o3o

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »
Now I wonder how to add gargants as vehicles...probably only works as a monster, especially if it spawns a few pissed-off boyz on fire when taken out. o3o

Yeah. I'd quench those dreams of ridable monsters for a while. At least until there's a base of code for that kind of activity.

Anyway, do you, or anyone else, know the rules of releasing a mod? I'd like to put out what i have, just to get some feedback and see if the community at large would be interested in something like this or if it would be a personal mod (ie. a few people and I).

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2017, 10:20:20 PM »
You can always make your own Github repo, throw it on dropbox, wherever, then start a thread for it in the main part of The Lab. If people say they want it in the main game enough, they might pester you to PR it and make it official, like when I posted More Survival Tools as a mod in the forums initially.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »
You can always make your own Github repo, throw it on dropbox, wherever, then start a thread for it in the main part of The Lab. If people say they want it in the main game enough, they might pester you to PR it and make it official, like when I posted More Survival Tools as a mod in the forums initially.

Alright, I made my Git, do I just toss it in The Lab with a link and wait for feedback?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2017, 10:51:13 PM »
Maybe, plus it means that derps like me can PR stuff to it. <3

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »
Maybe, plus it means that derps like me can PR stuff to it. <3

I'm just so happy about all the help that I'm getting for this! Everyone's so nice!!!

Also, it's called the Cataclysm 40K mod!

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2017, 11:10:49 PM »
Have Fun, and hope it goes well. That reminds me, I think it might be possible to use the Rivtech armor method to rig up other variants of power armor.