Author Topic: Anyone else feel like Bethesda games are slowly swirling down the toilet?  (Read 1948 times)

Offline SpadeDraco

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else feel like Bethesda games are slowly swirling down the toilet?
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2016, 08:47:16 PM »
I don't know why 4 gets so much hate. 3 was easily the worst game in the series, including BoS. It wasn't even a particularly good game by normal standards, let alone Fallout standards.

4's biggest weakness is that it doesn't add anything both interesting and new. It's still fun, just not "great".

I put 3 and 4 at about the same level. 3 had better area and quest design + roleplay potential. 4 had great combat, but lost most of it's personality and rpg appeal.

Offline Justin Case

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2016, 09:40:40 AM »
My machine wont run fallout4 unfortunatly, but i really liked new vages! Thats a good game... nice atmosphere,

Offline CK_Kirbi

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2017, 09:52:46 AM »
I definitely think Bethesda's game quality has been going down the gutter for awhile. Anyone who has played Daggerfall and has seen the rich depths of the magic system, the character attributes, and the various mini games that existed back at the time (Lock picking involved manipulating the actual tumblers in the lock) will know what I mean when I say that everything has been slowly streamlined into casual content. Fallout 3 through Elder Scrolls Online have seen a lot of dumbing down of Bethesda's IP's.

As I understand it, this can mostly be attributed to one man.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
slowly? they've been very bad since oblivion, skyrim did so well because of the popularity of fantasy vs sci-fi as a setting and nothing else really imo, it's a shame, was legitimately one of the worst elder scrolls games i've ever played, morrowind will always be the king of the series.

and don't even get me started on how bad fallout 4 was...
i'm actually amazed new vegas wasn't terrible the more i think about it, but that was obsidian doing all the important stuff and letting bethesda do the engine and nothing else (it's all they have talent for, clearly).