Author Topic: Cataclysm 40K  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysim 40K
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2017, 12:47:32 AM »
Ah right, I see it now. Stuff's in the branch that isn't in master. ^^"
Is the master less full of errors?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2017, 12:49:22 AM »
Master lacks that minor error but still has the bolt thing. Those are minor and easily fixed though, I just don't know how to throw the changes at the right branch because I've never had to fork a branch instead of master before.

EDIT: Bwahaha. Just when I thought I did it, I somehow PR'd into my fork of the branch instead of into your branch. This feels like my first adventures in Github all over again, complete with me failing in the strangest of ways.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:59:28 AM by Random_dragon »

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2017, 01:12:47 AM »
Ah right, I see it now. Stuff's in the branch that isn't in master. ^^"

SO does that mean that it's unusable?

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2017, 01:18:06 AM »

It's usable but people are likely assuming all the content is in the master branch, plus faildragons have a harder time making pull requests. 3:

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2017, 01:28:08 AM »

It's usable but people are likely assuming all the content is in the master branch, plus faildragons have a harder time making pull requests. 3:

Right. I just pulled everything away form the A0.01 and set it in the master. So ahead and try now.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2017, 01:45:20 AM »
Ah, should work then. Sorry about that fail on my part.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2017, 01:52:30 AM »
Quick question before I go messing anything up. Are hellfire bolts meant to be a separate ammo from regular bolts, or should they be loadable in regular bolters?

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2017, 02:02:00 AM »
Quick question before I go messing anything up. Are hellfire bolts meant to be a separate ammo from regular bolts, or should they be loadable in regular bolters?

Hellfire bolts are regular bolts but spit acid instead of frag. So yes, every kind of bolt is usable in a bolter. For now, at least.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2017, 02:04:54 AM »
Ah good. It looks like right now there's a hellfire bolt ammotype that's different from regular bolt ammotype, so I guess the expected handling is to do realguns-style ammo type overlap so that the existing bolters can be set to use both types of bolter, while allowing for later weapons that might be able to chamber only one type of bolt round.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2017, 02:59:09 AM »
Ah good. It looks like right now there's a hellfire bolt ammotype that's different from regular bolt ammotype, so I guess the expected handling is to do realguns-style ammo type overlap so that the existing bolters can be set to use both types of bolter, while allowing for later weapons that might be able to chamber only one type of bolt round.

Yep. That's what I wanted. I based what I was doing off the realguns code. The 40K universe has ten rounds for a single weapon that is only mentioned tangentially, and not even by it's real name.

I didn't know that you coudl define two types of ammo as one default name. The more you know!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:16:46 AM by Wulfle »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 04:15:54 AM »
Ah, no worries. I'm actually not all that used to how the ammo type overlap works. It looks like realguns mainly uses it by giving certain ammo multiple types, and restricting use of certain ammo by assigning a specific ammotype to a given gun.

It might be possible to give guns multiple ammotypes instead, allowing for a different approach to that, but not sure.

On an unrelated note, I'm amazed at how hard it is to get good info on the lore and stats online. ;w;

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 04:20:19 AM »
Ah, no worries. I'm actually not all that used to how the ammo type overlap works. It looks like realguns mainly uses it by giving certain ammo multiple types, and restricting use of certain ammo by assigning a specific ammotype to a given gun.

It might be possible to give guns multiple ammotypes instead, allowing for a different approach to that, but not sure.

On an unrelated note, I'm amazed at how hard it is to get good info on the lore and stats online. ;w;

I was looking though the realguns ammotypes just now and... yeah... Forget it.

The problem with 40K is that you really need to play it and read it and just sort of gather information on the universe. There's not even a real "go here if you want information" place.

Offline BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Survivor
  • What could possibly go wrong....
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 04:29:05 AM »
mugling was working on adding support for multiple ammotypes for each gun, but responsibilities prevented progress.   
The hollow earth and the Dyson sphere share an origin? Do some research

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 04:49:19 AM »
mugling was working on adding support for multiple ammotypes for each gun, but responsibilities prevented progress.

Must...resist...urge to snark...

The problem with 40K is that you really need to play it and read it and just sort of gather information on the universe. There's not even a real "go here if you want information" place.

And this is sad as I'm not very exposed to the game proper. ;w;

Offline Zhilkin

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 07:40:56 AM »
Cataclysim? Should be Cataclysm, I presume.