Author Topic: Cataclysm 40K  (Read 5092 times)

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysim 40K
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 08:18:26 AM »
...I just saw a silliness. What's the intended weight of the bolters? Because they're all in the neighborhood of 20 grams or less, except the flamer which weighs 2.65 pounds or so. o.O

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »
...I just saw a silliness. What's the intended weight of the bolters? Because they're all in the neighborhood of 20 grams or less, except the flamer which weighs 2.65 pounds or so. o.O

I know about the sillyness of having the Bolters weight 20 grams. They're supposed to weigh around 18-24 pounds! Honestly, this is just a proof of concept. Also, expect lasguns in a few hours!

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 04:11:23 PM »
Ah right. I kinda figured that you likely meant pounds. XP

And doh, just when I'd been doing rough work on some lasgun proofs of concept last night;

(click to show/hide)

Only thing I hadn't figured out was how to refill them using batteries, plutonium cells, or fire. :V

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 04:29:13 PM »
Ah right. I kinda figured that you likely meant pounds. XP

And doh, just when I'd been doing rough work on some lasgun proofs of concept last night;

(click to show/hide)

Only thing I hadn't figured out was how to refill them using batteries, plutonium cells, or fire. :V

BASTARD! You made it so good! *cri*

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 04:37:52 PM »
Nuuu. It's still derp. ;w;

Though any parts of code that're desirable in your implementation, go ahead and use whatever works best.

EDIT: Though as with the orky stuff I posted, I still haven't load-tested it yet, so dropping it directly into anything might not be good just yet.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:41:44 PM by Random_dragon »

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 05:06:26 PM »
Nuuu. It's still derp. ;w;

Though any parts of code that're desirable in your implementation, go ahead and use whatever works best.

EDIT: Though as with the orky stuff I posted, I still haven't load-tested it yet, so dropping it directly into anything might not be good just yet.

Yeah but it's more Orky that way.

I wonder if there's a way to have a different magazine for the lasguns that take twice the amount of charge but output half the shots.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 05:55:36 PM by Wulfle »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 06:00:54 PM »
Have since tested my lasgun additions and they seem to not load-error anything.

As for that, yeah you can. Easiest way is to make a hotshot power pack as a magazine, and have it default to being loaded with a different ammo that does more damage, while having said magazine use a lower capacity and lower reliablity.

Then controlling use of hotshot powerpacks is as simple as doing stuff like having long-las weapons use them as their allowed (maybe only, unsure if long-las can use standard power packs) magazine, disallow hotshot packs from being used in laspistols, etc.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 06:15:16 PM »
Have since tested my lasgun additions and they seem to not load-error anything.

As for that, yeah you can. Easiest way is to make a hotshot power pack as a magazine, and have it default to being loaded with a different ammo that does more damage, while having said magazine use a lower capacity and lower reliablity.

Then controlling use of hotshot powerpacks is as simple as doing stuff like having long-las weapons use them as their allowed (maybe only, unsure if long-las can use standard power packs) magazine, disallow hotshot packs from being used in laspistols, etc.

I just committed a new branch and I'm about to update the master. This one is the Imperial update and adds some commisar clothing and the lasgun that you made, along with my own and a laspistol.

And I just found some problems in it! *kill me now...*
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 06:20:53 PM by Wulfle »

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »
Load tests are your friiiieeend. <3

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 06:49:51 PM »
Load tests are your friiiieeend. <3

Everything is fixed and the loader/debugger/omgsuchagoodfeature!!! didn't find any problems. Super duper thank you! For everything. Everyone here is just so nice and knowable about code and spelling.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »
Glorious. And no worries, I recall a long-ass time spent fumbling around back in my day, and I still always miss the occasional error. Happens to everyone.

I still can't touch the source code without it catching on fire.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 07:34:33 PM »
Glorious. And no worries, I recall a long-ass time spent fumbling around back in my day, and I still always miss the occasional error. Happens to everyone.

I still can't touch the source code without it catching on fire.

Yeah, I bet that caused quite a few keks and bouts of hair-pulling. I am getting better, though. I'm paying much more attention to HOW I write things, rather then what I'm writing. Next thing, though, I need to make a canister that holds promethium.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 08:34:38 PM »
Ah, maybe. And hmm. Now that I think about it, I don't actually know if the recharge and solar effects will load magazines. :V

And hmm. I think there is some optional code than can make liquids convert into fields when spilled, which might be usable for pronethium if self-igniting makes sense.

Offline Wulfle

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »
Ah, maybe. And hmm. Now that I think about it, I don't actually know if the recharge and solar effects will load magazines. :V

And hmm. I think there is some optional code than can make liquids convert into fields when spilled, which might be usable for pronethium if self-igniting makes sense.

I made the ammunition that laspacks take is just a re-named battery.

I wonder if I could make a recepie that uses fire to add ammunition to magazine, using an empty magazine, that produces a full magazine. I don't know how to do recipes but I'm looking into making some nids right now.

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »
Ah, hmm. Renamed batteries work I guess. I'll test whether the existing setup works or not though. If solar power and recharging stations can top off magazines, that'll be neat.

If you make lasgun cells act like generic batteries you could add a crafting recipe for them, yeah.