Author Topic: Unlucky days?  (Read 1021 times)

Offline Jet Jaguar

• Zombie Food
  • Real nigga
    • View Profile
Unlucky days?
« on: April 15, 2017, 07:45:32 AM »
Any unlucky days you want to share? I have 2 especially bad ones.

One time I chatted with a survivor and as I went to craft and i found out this guy took TONS OF AMMO FROM MY BUS! I'm still alive but it has hampered my efforts in surviving. (Now deceased)

More recently I was sleeping in my van and I woke up to crashes... 30+ police bots and sentry bots which proceeded to deliver their wasteland justice on me although I had 200+ rounds on the ready so we had a big shootout

such is life around here

anyone have little stories like this they want to share?
Rule #1 don't die

Offline nick0010

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: Unlucky days?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 05:35:22 PM »
Was sneaking out of a trap house that i lured some zeds into. One of them stepped on a landmine, and a piece of shrapnel from it hit me square in the chest at max range killing me instantly.

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 04:49:58 AM »
There was the time that I lost a gunfight with an unarmed and completely harmless piece of fetish paraphernalia. Leveled an entire block in the process.

Here's my original post about it from another thread:

Very early in my Cataclysm experience I was searching a house and opened a bathroom door only to find myself face to face with a terrifying creature that I had never seen before. (Note: I was using Chesthole32 at the time) After flying into a noobish panic and nearly peeing myself I decided that the most sensible course of action was to eliminate it with extreme prejudice. I unloaded a burst from my Sten into it which flew straight past it, out a window, and into the street where it promptly detonated the gas tank of an ambulance that was outside the house. A massive chain reaction ensued as the gas tanks of other cars lit up and the house that I was in was completely leveled. Buried both me and the completely harmless wolf suit that I had just finished trying to annihilate beneath the rubble.

Offline prytoclasm

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 05:01:24 AM »
There was that unhappy day when I lost my Megatruck to some large frogs and other swamp inhabitants on a bridge. Slime is evil, sliding into the deep river is even more evil. Byebye Megatruck ... which took like 2 weeks to complete. :(

(That was back then after 0.C was released.)

Offline Inconspicuous

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 11:55:02 PM »
I decided to play an arsonist about mid game and cremate the dead for fun.

A tough zombie had an oxygen tank with him. It blew up and I died, instantly.

I can't believe they actually coded that into the game.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 12:54:06 AM »
There was the time that I lost a gunfight with an unarmed and completely harmless piece of fetish paraphernalia. Leveled an entire block in the process.
This post makes me wish we had upvotes.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 01:57:41 AM »

I remember when I first saw this.

Offline KiBoy

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2017, 09:05:23 AM »

I remember when I first saw this.

Those full body suits can scare the crap out of you when you're weakened after a battle. But yeah, I remember that story. Chuckled like hell.

Offline linkfanpc

• Zombie Food
  • "Who says hulks are tough?" *BOOM CRASH THUMP*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »

Here's my original post about it from another thread:

Very early in my Cataclysm experience I was searching a house and opened a bathroom door only to find myself face to face with a terrifying creature that I had never seen before. (Note: I was using Chesthole32 at the time) After flying into a noobish panic and nearly peeing myself I decided that the most sensible course of action was to eliminate it with extreme prejudice. I unloaded a burst from my Sten into it which flew straight past it, out a window, and into the street where it promptly detonated the gas tank of an ambulance that was outside the house. A massive chain reaction ensued as the gas tanks of other cars lit up and the house that I was in was completely leveled. Buried both me and the completely harmless wolf suit that I had just finished trying to annihilate beneath the rubble.
WHENEVER I SEE ONE OF THOSE THINGS IT FREAKING FREAKS ME OUT.

End of rant.
I was gonna put a smart-guy quote here but i couldn't think of one so here's a stick dude:
   O/
  /|
  / \
Maybe check out my fan-fic: http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=14476.0