Author Topic: Vaults?(Spoiler warning)  (Read 767 times)

Offline Inconspicuous

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Vaults?(Spoiler warning)
« on: April 15, 2017, 10:34:28 PM »
So I was messing around one day, trying to survive, when I found a small town, full of irradiated wanderers. What was even more interesting was that there was a two tile church that didn't look like any I'd seen before (In this game), and a bunch of strange craters. About to die, I decided to scrap the character and go into debug mode to check it out (Yes, I know, I'm a cheater. But who really cares in a single player game?).

NOTE: I'm pretty sure this is something spoiler heavy, which I didn't really mind ruining for myself, but if you do value that spoiler free play-through, ignore the rest of this.

(click to show/hide)

Does anyone have a clue as to what this is?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:37:52 PM by Kevin Granade »

Online Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: Vaults?(Spoiler warning)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 11:43:45 PM »
I added Spoiler tags to your post since it seemed like what you were going for anyway.
If you want to be spoiled:
(click to show/hide)
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 06:05:38 AM »
It seems like a cool place, though my only gripe about it is that increasing the enemy spawn rate in world gen makes exploring the place a headache due to how crowded the place becomes.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline nick0010

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:10:48 PM »
A quick complaint about them, very often (especially with z-levels enabled) npc spawn outside of safe rooms and quest giving nps are slaughtered before the green tide.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 11:32:15 PM »
A quick complaint about them, very often (especially with z-levels enabled) npc spawn outside of safe rooms and quest giving nps are slaughtered before the green tide.

That has been my experience as well - I've battled my way in twice, and the NPCs were all dead both times.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline TheWumpus

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 05:31:39 AM »
Best thing to do with vaults is blow up the entrance and let everything inside rot.
"I carved a French number puzzle into my chest for some weary survivor to solve and bled to death." -Closet Pankin

Offline Inconspicuous

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 05:57:20 PM »
I tested, and the NPCs don't give you any quests. Yet. Can't wait for when they do, though.

Offline Inconspicuous

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 05:59:39 PM »
I added Spoiler tags to your post since it seemed like what you were going for anyway.
If you want to be spoiled:
(click to show/hide)
Okay, thank you. One question, is the town level supposed to be similar to something in Fallout? I haven't played the game, so I wouldn't know, but maybe someone here has?

Online Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »
The town isn't modeled after anything in particular, it's just a facade to hide the vault.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!