Author Topic: [OOC] Infinity Overdrive  (Read 627 times)

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
[OOC] Infinity Overdrive
« on: May 05, 2017, 04:44:45 AM »
The Year is 21XX.
Technology has advanced at an insane pace. Colonization efforts have begun on planets beyond our system. Robots and androids aid mankind in their daily lives. Medical technology brings people back from the brink of death.
All for the right price, of course.
Corporations control the world, driven by profit and the advance of industry. They enforce their will through bribery and hired security and mercenaries.
Now, a single corporation has taken a position above the others as a globally known name. Ophion Unlimited, or just OphiCorp. The company that first discovered the Spark, the key to their successes and the catalyst for the events to come.

You feel light, drifting aimlessly in a gentle sea. It's comforting and warm, you feel no worries. And yet it feels like something is in the distance calling out to you... Do you reach out?

Characters
gonna get this filled out later

To summarize, this is going to be a cyberpunk-ish superhero RPG in the style of a Shadowrun game or Azure Striker Gunvolt. I'll be acting as a "GM", but I'm more than open to some collaborative setting building and integrating plot hooks tied to specific characters. Once we're past the initial introduction to the setting I'll talk to players more about their individual characters.
(click to show/hide)
Very barebones, I know. It'll be expanded on as we continue.

(click to show/hide)

Once we have 3 or 4 people I'll start! Feel free to throw some questions my way.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 06:41:39 PM by Inquisitor Dust »
Occasional browser and player.

Offline CockooClock

• NPC
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 05:41:07 AM »
Name: Emery
Appearance: Somewhat short, roughly 5' 3" lithe woman who looks to be in her early to mid twenties. Light skin with freckles dotted around her face, green eyes, and red hair.

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 12:47:20 PM »
Name: Geoff Zasimona
Appearance: Really tall, 6'8 toned with wiry, black hair. Late 30's. Scar across left eye which is pure white while the other is red. Is of Japanese decendance.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 09:14:01 PM by A Blitzkried of Butts »
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 01:17:25 PM »
Name: Aapeli Mannerhiem
Appearance: A young, and formal man at a tall 6' 2'' with neatly kept black hair and with a heavy military background, descendant from the same man who defended Finland from the USSR in the days of old. Formally, he is often wearing a very old military uniform.

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Lauty10/media/ARG-T_zps464c7ea6.jpg.htm

Quite close to what Aapeli looks like

Also, what is the spark?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 02:20:05 PM by joebob1337 »

Offline Mrnocamera

• Survivor
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:43:40 PM »
Name: Shima
Appearance: Asian, 5'8, black hair, almost anorexic-looking, pale as hell.   Usually wearing casual street clothes. (just to be as unhelpful as a desc as possible)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 04:13:47 PM by Mrnocamera »
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 06:11:10 PM »
Name: Lillia
Appearance: Really tall, 6'8 curvaceous android claiming she is 19 but no one believes her. White "skin" with dark grey covering her torso an neck. Parts of her glow (A power symbol between her neck and chest and her eyes). She also has vulpine-like ears and tail. You get a feeling someone designed her for things that an android really shouldnt do.
Well I am okay with a potential android character later on, for the purposes of the intro she wouldn't be around until a bit into the RP.
And personally, i'd rather you didn't play a fetish sex bot

Name: Aapeli Mannerhiem
Appearance: A young, and formal man at a tall 6' 2'' with neatly kept black hair and with a heavy military background, descendant from the same man who defended Finland from the USSR in the days of old. Formally, he is often wearing a very old military uniform.

http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Lauty10/media/ARG-T_zps464c7ea6.jpg.htm

Quite close to what Aapeli looks like

Also, what is the spark?
My bad for not really specifying, but your characters at the moment have very few memories but stuff will come back to them. I'm down to talk to you about who your character was before the start of the game, but for now he should be a blank slate (in terms of history, at least). Also I'd very much prefer a character who doesn't obsess over a two century old war...
That said, the picture also doesn't work.
And the Spark is PLOT STUFF.

First IC post will be up tonight or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 06:15:42 PM by Inquisitor Dust »

Offline Hibou

• Survivor
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »
Name: Eser [Eh-saj]
Appearance: They are 5'9" tall, physically fit with dark skin and a fairly stoic face that seems to read "I'm having a hard time caring" most of the time. Whether that's what they are actually feeling is anyone's guess. They have dark, almost black eyes and their hair is incredibly short, being just a centimeter of dark brown fuzz on their scalp. They look to be fairly young, somewhere in their early twenties.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:16:29 PM by Hibou »

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
I didn't, say he was obsessed with it, and it's ok for him to not have his memory, and about the picture, it was a picture of when the real mannerheim was young

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS711US711&hl=en-US&q=young+carl+gustaf+emil+mannerheim&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiKqa3CsNnTAhUD9IMKHddBCCEQvwUIFygA&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=R5xNxtjQ5CI3qM:&spf=172

While long, this link should work

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

• Survivor
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 09:15:36 PM »
Sorry about that, I luckily had a secondary character if that wouldn't go though. My op has been updated. My apologies.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2017, 06:42:44 PM »
No problem Blitz, new guy is good.

Everybody is good right now, if something else comes up I'll discuss it with you.

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2017, 08:39:42 AM »
Sorry for slow posting right now, I should be able to post more now.

I want everybody to kinda start thinking about their powers if they haven't. Everybody is going to have a "theme" that defines their capabilities. For some inspiration check out the characters from Gunvolt (which is very admittedly the main inspiration) for an idea of what kind of powers you'll have: http://azurestrikergunvolt.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Boss

Run them by me once you think you've settled on something.

A side note, having the powers somehow tie into whatever ideas you have for a backstory for your characters is encouraged so tell me if you have any initial backstory ideas too.

Offline Dec

• Survivor
  • Have You Seen the Yellow Sign?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2017, 09:48:20 AM »
Name: Harland Gray
Appearance: Mid-thirties, height that's just barely below average, weight that's just barely above average. Neutral eyes as grey as his surname, unhealthily ashen skin, thin lips, and greasy black hair. Some tin and copper tooth fillings, and a few small scars on his abdomen.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:52:37 AM by Dec »
"'Ever Their praises, and abundance to the Black Goat of the Woods. Iä! Shub-Niggurath! Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!'"

Offline Inquisitor Dust

• Survivor
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 09:22:48 PM »
Talked to Forrest already, waiting for him to write himself in so he can hop on the elevator with you.

Offline joebob1337

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2017, 12:38:37 AM »
I am thinking of an advanced knowledge of strategy fo Aapeli

Offline Gnorse

• Survivor
  • Goddammit NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 09:09:49 AM »
Since you're setting up an RPG fight arena of sorts, if you need someone to take control of an enemy or something, i'm here
"No can do, little hard to "lock and load" when you can't stand and it's a little hard to stand when your feet haven't grown back fully so the end of you legs are nubs"