Author Topic: [IC] Infinity Overdrive  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Inquisitor Dust

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5534
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
[IC] Infinity Overdrive
« on: May 07, 2017, 06:40:31 PM »
You feel light, drifting aimlessly in a gentle sea. It's comforting and warm, you feel no worries. And yet it feels like something is in the distance calling out to you...
You reach out, hand outstretched towards the presence. You feel it reaching back to you, your fingertips about to brush against it...

"Wake up."

The voice drills into your mind, sending you crashing into reality. You cough, clearing the fluid from your lungs as you spasm. Rushing liquid sends you sprawling to the ground as you struggle to gain your bearings. Your limbs feel like jelly and your thoughts are held together by thin strings, threatening to drift away.

It feels like years pass before you gain your faculties. Before you can fully sort your thoughts out, the voice pierces into your head again.

"You want free? Get up, get out."

You are in a long hallway filled with what appear to be stasis tubes. Most remain closed and filled with a bluish liquid, but a few are opened and people in skintight suits are sprawled across the ground. The liquid pools around the ground, leaving the floors unpleasantly sticky. The hallways stretch out on either side, curving out of view.
Occasional browser and player.

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 08:10:32 PM »
Eser coughs up another glob of blue fluid as they stumble to their feet, leaning on the open pod. Wordlessly, they weigh their options, and after a moment stand up as straight as they can and head down the hallway to the left.

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »
Shima dry heaves again, coughing.   Shuddering, he leans against his pod, using it to stand up.   Wiping his mouth, Shima looks around the hallways, noticing one of the others already up and walking off.   "H-Hey!  You know where we- where this is?"
He sounds like he has a really bad cold.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2017, 10:00:26 PM »
Eser stops in their stride, looking over their shoulder. Looking at Shima, they don't seem to react. "No. But we won't find out here." they say, frankly. They turn back and continue down the hall, each foot placed carefully in front of the other.

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2017, 11:37:15 PM »
"I-I..."  Shima swallows heavily.   Looking behind him at the other people, still on the floor, he bites his lip. "I'm coming with you, wait up!"  He goes to follow Eser, and almost immediately he just crumples to the floor.   Groaning and pushing himself back up, he stumbles after the androgynous figure.
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline CockooClock

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2017, 04:07:07 AM »
Emery quite unsteadily climbs to her feet, letting out a few heavy coughs she looks around at the figures and goes to wipe her eyes before deciding against it given what she was previously in. "H-Hey, wait up, I don't want to be lost in this place alone." she'd call to them before stumbling her way towards the two figures, not having an easy time making out their shapes as her eyes haven't completely adjusted yet.

Offline joebob1337

  • Zombie Food
  • *
  • Posts: 94
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »
(Sorry, didn't know this started yet)

Aapeli wakes up, groggy after spending so much time in what appears to be bacta from Star Wars.

w... where are we? Wait for me!

He helped the last released person (Geoff) to his feet and followed the rest of the group, the last guy was out cold.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 02:26:10 PM by joebob1337 »

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 326
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »
"Ugh... Where the hell am I?"
Geoff came to consciousness. He got up on his feet and walks with the rest.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Inquisitor Dust

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5534
  • A Wayward Pilgrim
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2017, 04:23:45 PM »
The hallway continues curving, still lit by the bright lights overhead. It seems to go on for ages, but you don't pass your opened vats again so you haven't gone all the way around. The entire outer wall is lined with more vats, though their opaque surfaces don't let you see inside.

Eventually, the group comes across a sharp hissing noise. A wall with a large metal door appears at the end of the hallways, but as you approach it you find the source of the hissing. One of the vats is struggling to open, the locking mechanism failed to disengage and the blue fluid leaks from the bottom while it vents some sort of gas in short bursts from the tubes that run into the walls.
Occasional browser and player.

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2017, 06:04:16 PM »
Eser looks at the rest of the group and then back at the vat. They stand up straight, positioning one foot behind them. With their other leg they deliver a swift kick to the vat.

Offline joebob1337

  • Zombie Food
  • *
  • Posts: 94
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2017, 06:16:17 PM »
To put it sweetly...

Well... you know we could have talked about it before we start breaking things, right?

Offline Hibou

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 2175
  • Arguably dead
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »
Eser rolls their head around on their shoulders to look at the stranger. "Okay." They extend a hand towards the vat. "Hey everyone, I kicked the machine." they say, entirely deadpan. With that they take a step back and cross their arms, watching the vat.

Offline A Blitzkried of Butts

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 326
  • <i>kek</i>
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2017, 07:33:57 PM »
Geoff looked at Eser disapprovingly.
"Damnit... Did you have to do that?"
Quote from: TheFlame52
Granades are Russian roulette. One chamber has money, one has candy, two have blanks, one has rat-shot, and the last one has a bullet. You just got the bullet.
Quote from: pisskop
Z is the plane that jumps off the paper and into your face/desk
Full of sigs

Offline Mrnocamera

  • Survivor
  • ***
  • Posts: 5396
  • There is a lack of cameras here.
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »
"Can we...   Not...   Open it?   It's- It isn't a very grea- good idea, in my opinion."   Shima gulps, looking paler than usual.   "A-actuallycanwejustleave?"
Who says that you need to be good at games, anyway?

Offline CockooClock

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 114
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] Infinity Overdrive
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 10:40:13 PM »
Emery takes a couple of steps back away from the vat, "Well, we don't know what, or 'who' could be in there, we should probably go before we find out, unless one of you wants to try and pry that thing open.." she'd say before placing her hand on what hopefully was a solid wall on the opposite side of the tanks.