Author Topic: Ninja mod - from the Japanese Wiki  (Read 674 times)

Offline Chezzo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Ninja mod - from the Japanese Wiki
« on: May 05, 2017, 01:04:28 AM »
Here is my translation and fix of the Ninja mod, that I got from the Japanese Wiki.

http://chezzo.com/cdda/Ninja.zip

It adds lots of neat stuff.

A decoy that you make that is like a scarecrow that zombies attack, a jetpack, shurikens, insane new martial arts (one that creates after images of you - using Lua), Kawasaki Ninjas, a note that when you read it turns out to be a kill list with YOUR name on it, yakuza tattoo mutations, cosplay ninjas, vehicle mounted automatic fold-able shuriken throwers and lots lots more.

I couldn't get the 16 overmap tile Ninja Tower of death to load yet, unfortunately. Please let me know if I missed anything that needs translating, or if anything isn't working.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 01:13:39 AM by Chezzo »

Offline Bill Chompski

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Ninja mod - from the Japanese Wiki
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 05:06:01 PM »
Wow, now that is pretty damn cool. I'm definitely gonna be adding this and the Nechronica mods to my game this weekend.
Related https://youtu.be/n-BmKFgJJog
M-MULTI WIENER DRIFTING?!

Offline Zhilkin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:17:07 AM »
"flags": [ "NO_ROTATE" ] should be added to overmap_terrain entries
"rotate" : false should go to overmap_special entries

Updated version is available via following link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6il7xfuowgmt3dc/Ninja_updated_overmap.zip?dl=0

Offline Chezzo

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 05:46:03 PM »
Oh man, you rule! Thanks so much, Zhilkin.

Offline Zhilkin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 08:13:57 AM »
Updated version of the mod (no content changes - just linted and fixed json errors): https://www.dropbox.com/s/71vrl8y79i9rqcf/Ninja_2017-05-18_Linted.zip?dl=0

Offline stk2008

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:56:38 AM »
Hi Chezzo :)

I have a game started alll ready is it possible to add a mod half way through or what ever through an all ready running game.

if so I understand I will need to travel to new map area befor I see new content but I am unsure if its possible and even how to add a mod when a game has all ready been started as i would love to use this mod as well :)

Offline Zhilkin

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 01:15:05 PM »

I have a game started alll ready is it possible to add a mod half way through or what ever through an all ready running game.

if so I understand I will need to travel to new map area befor I see new content but I am unsure if its possible and even how to add a mod when a game has all ready been started as i would love to use this mod as well :)

Go to `save` folder, open `%WorldName%` folder and find `mods.json` file. Add mod identifer there. Mod identifier can be found in `ident` node in `modinfo.json`. It will be `Ninja` for this mod.

For example, if you had this:
Code: [Select]
[
  "dda",
  "ExtraBuildings"
]

It should become like to this:

Code: [Select]
[
  "dda",
  "ExtraBuildings",
  "Ninja"
]

I'm not sure if that will be enough for new buildings to spawn though.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:11 PM »
Whoa, this thing sounds insane.

First this knife, then, the World!