Author Topic: I'll draw your current survivor V.3  (Read 6763 times)

Offline Fris0uman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: I'll draw your current survivor V.3
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 09:01:44 PM »
Sorry bout the delays

You're doing for free comissions that would be worth at least 20$ a piece, I don't think you need to apologize for the delay ^^

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 09:02:51 PM »
Yeah, definitely!

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 01:21:39 AM »
it's cool, people just get antsy about feedback rates.

Offline lol2121

• Zombie Food
  • A Cute Animal :) Scientific name: Martes zibellina
    • View Profile
    • duckduckgo.com
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 10:57:29 AM »
That's surely a lot of work for you. Keep on drawing!
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid that I can't do that". - HAL 9000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3217H8JppI - full Beethoven's 9th Symphony.
I like art music.

Inception! http://inception.davepedu.com/noflash.php

Offline John Candlebury

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
update, have have ditched most of my armor due to becoming a cyborg powerhouse with a full set of plating and stat enhancement bionics,  now i'm using a full scavenger set because it has a lot of storage space.  so think robot man wearing a suit that appears to be made entirely of pockets.

Offline tarburst98

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2017, 06:46:17 PM »
sweet af
gonna kill me some zombies.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
Question: If you finish the current requests, can you do my survivor again? Changed equipment and perhaps gonna mutate her a bit more.

Sure post it, yours will also be the last request I'll take this time.

Awesome!

Thought I posted a reply already, but apparently I didn't.

Anyway, with regards to traits and bionics, my survivor is still pretty much the same. Still green skinned, and all that. Internet here is suddenly being real iffy due to the weather all of a sudden, so can't seem to upload a screenshot, but here's more or less what she has now.

-Still green-skinned due to phelloderm mutation.
-I guess since it's been half a year in-game since I posted a screenshot, I guess maybe her hair is longer? Doubt that's important, since you can draw her with head gear this time.
-Survivor wetsuit on her arms, legs, and torso. In-game hoping that this gets a sprite soon, since it hasn't got any yet. I guess it looks like a wetsuit.
-Armored leather jacket on arms and torso. Marshal badge on the jacket.
-Cargo pants on legs.
-Firefighter and survivor belt on the waist/torso. Combat knife sheathed on survivor belt.
-Survivor fireboots on her feet.
-Light survivor gloves, with medical gloves underneath.
-Monocle on the eyes. Well, eye.
-Survivor hood on the head, light survivor mask on the eyes and mouth.

If it's possible, can you draw her eating breakfast, as if she just woke up and still kinda groggy? Like, so far your drawings have survivors look pretty dang cool (and they definitely look cool), so something goofy-ish might look interesting. No need to do it if it takes too much time. Gallon jug for drink, and a can of soup for food.

And if you draw it like that, no need for her to be wearing the mask, since eating with a gas mask like thing on seems weird. And the hood pulled back to reveal her head. Ponytail.

Technically, she's wielding a cavalry saber this time, though if she's eating I doubt that she'll be holding on to it while consuming a can of soup.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:34:31 PM by Azrad »
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline John Candlebury

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2017, 10:23:07 PM »
Ok ok uhhhh I've never done this before.

http://imgur.com/a/ul1Cb

My best end-game survivor, covered head to toe with survivor/heavy survivor armor. Armed to the teeth. Needed 3 screenshots of the @ screen to show all the mutations. Preferred weapon is the diamond broadsword. Really, really into mutagen in case that wasn't made obvious by the mutations. No visible bionics except for telescopic eyes that I wish I could take out. It would be cool if you could draw him in a combat/fencing stance, with his sword pointed forward and heavy rail rifle shouldered by the strap, but feel free to be as detailed or not-detailed as you want, I look forward to the results!

Offline harison86

• Zombie Food
  • God of Mutagen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2017, 05:10:33 AM »
Ok ok uhhhh I've never done this before.

http://imgur.com/a/ul1Cb

My best end-game survivor, covered head to toe with survivor/heavy survivor armor. Armed to the teeth. Needed 3 screenshots of the @ screen to show all the mutations. Preferred weapon is the diamond broadsword. Really, really into mutagen in case that wasn't made obvious by the mutations. No visible bionics except for telescopic eyes that I wish I could take out. It would be cool if you could draw him in a combat/fencing stance, with his sword pointed forward and heavy rail rifle shouldered by the strap, but feel free to be as detailed or not-detailed as you want, I look forward to the results!

That. Is badass. I was expecting something more standard with patchwork survivor armor but I think I like what you did better.
Jackhammers are better than stethoscopes.

Profile pic by John Candlebury

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2017, 06:45:40 AM »
That's one dapper and badass looking survivor there.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
  • Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo..
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2017, 10:02:44 PM »
Okay, I definitely want to commission a portrait of Dr. Rosalie Boyce who has just survived the most harrowing Spring of 20XX possible, and has had the most close calls without actually biting it of any C:DDA character I've ever played. But there's no way in good conscience I'm letting you do it FOR FREE. I own a company that pays a ton of freelance artists all the time, year round, to make art that's in the ballpark of your skill level (and only B&W!) for $50.00 a pop. So I want to at least throw $25 your way.

Bigger issue: I can't seem to screencap, as I mentioned here, and I do definitely want to get you a screencap of at least my @ screen and my (i)nventory so you can see what she's wearing and how it's layered, plus at least the short version of the incredibly harrowing spring she has survived. The highlight was when a skeletal dog that I couldn't hit in melee or with my pistols gnawed off both of her legs and brought me up to Pain 200 before I finally somehow killed it with a lucky headshot (it's the first time in Cataclysm I can think of the RNG miraculously saving me instead of anti-miraculously fucking me). I didn't have the Strength or volume to carry two weapons at once, so I had to drop the gun to pick up my makeshift machete and butcher it. She was left panting on a kitchen floor with two broken legs and her pants and backpack destroyed, STR, DEX, and PER of 0 from the pain, no painkillers stronger than Aspirin, and waiting for the crystal meth to wear off. Somehow she managed to build splints out of the curtain rods from the kitchen windows, splint her broken legs, drag herself into the next room, dismantle the bed, board up the windows, and sustain herself on a small cache of orange soda and root beer while waiting several days for her shattered bones to set. It is the only time EVER in Cataclysm that I have hit 200 pain and two missing limbs and actually somehow survived it. This came after: a day one that involved running through a road-clogging gauntlet of giant ants that unexpectedly turned hostile midway through, a day one run-in with a giant wasp that I really shouldn't have survived, the wasp sting transitioned directly into the common cold which I was able to hole up in someone's panic room and wait out (although I came very close to dying from dehydration). And was followed by: detoxifying from acquired alcoholism.

Please do not begin art yet. I'm serious about wanting to pay you (PayPal is easiest for me and is how we pay our regulars) and I'm double serious of wanting to get the screencaps of her current condition before drawin' starts. But yeah, please kick Dr. Rosalie Boyce onto your pile.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:29:54 PM by End Transmission »
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2017, 10:22:31 PM »
Okay, apparently screencapping is no problem if I run the game windowed. It's just my default mode of running the game is running it in full screen with a custom Pandora station serving as a "soundtrack" in the background. Anyway, here is what Dr. Boyce looks like, her @ screen, and what she's wearing. The only thing that's not self-evident is the +s on the weapons, so: the H&K UCP is suppressed, the carbine and two rifles are shoulder strapped onto her, and the battle rifle has an extended magazine.

She also carries a combat knife (which you can't see in the inventory screenshot) and a collapsed riot baton (which you CAN see in the inventory screenshot) as weapons of last resort, but has yet to encounter or be able to build any sheaths or holsters so all excess weapons besides the ones strapped onto her are presumably in her lab-coat pockets. Hopefully if I ever encounter a skeletal dog again, whipping out the baton will make for a less painful experience (it's hard to imagine a MORE painful experience). I just assume that skeletons in this are less invulnerable to bashing weapons like in many, many other games, I've never actually tested it out.

Edit: I just noticed that she's still not wearing any pants, lol. It's not a sex appeal thing, she just literally hasn't had time to replace the Cargo Pants that were torn apart by the skeletal dog that ate her legs. So yeah, the proper depiction of her is indeed a labcoat but no pants.

Final Edit: How many peeps are in line ahead of me, if you don't mind?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:34:38 PM by End Transmission »
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline John Candlebury

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2017, 05:14:16 AM »

Please do not begin art yet. I'm serious about wanting to pay you (PayPal is easiest for me and is how we pay our regulars) and I'm double serious of wanting to get the screencaps of her current condition before drawin' starts. But yeah, please kick Dr. Rosalie Boyce onto your pile.

Final Edit: How many peeps are in line ahead of me, if you don't mind?
[/quote]

You are 5th on line.

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2017, 10:12:17 PM »
Word.

Offline John Candlebury

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2017, 04:39:29 AM »
Damn, that looks good ! Ok I'll stop lurking and submit my latest survivor : Trianna nerdy shower victim.

I wanted to try something different, so this one is done traditionally with a pencil. Problem is I have no idea how to scan pencil and not have it loose half the details.

Well anyways here it is