Author Topic: Wild mix of noob-questions  (Read 872 times)

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Wild mix of noob-questions
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 03:52:07 AM »
mi-go get obnoxious if you play a melee character because they run like leetle beetch every time and for (who knows why) are actually faster than you, i honestly just ignore the damned things a lot of the time as they really never spawn alone and monster infighting should cover your escape.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 09:05:36 AM »
mi-go get obnoxious if you play a melee character because they run like leetle beetch every time and for (who knows why) are actually faster than you, i honestly just ignore the damned things a lot of the time as they really never spawn alone and monster infighting should cover your escape.
I'd say part of the problem is that they don't get speed penalties when injured. It makes sense for Z's (that don't feel pain and have no vital organs), but you'd expect living creatures to receive penalties from injury.

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 11:14:57 PM »
you can run though at least, i forget what the key is but pretty sure you're faster like that.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline Xplodonator

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 11:56:04 AM »
In good condition you should be slightly faster than a Mi-Go. Atleast that's what I experienced. What's killing is that you run out of Stamina. Or I don't find a good opportunity to get it lost. But hey, that's why one should never turn off safemode if you don't know the surroundings ^^

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 02:03:03 PM »
1) No consensus? Coolthulu says not worth due to chaotic nerf, nick says powerful. Guess I'll just give it a try in another run.

They're both correct. Ranged weapons are absolute garbage until you get the dispersion modifier down low enough to hit reliably. At that point they become fairly powerful. Unfortunately this requires weapon mods and high levels of skil (or stats if you're a bow user) in the particular firearm that you want to use. Ranged weapons are basically a late game luxury right now.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »
Even with a little too high dispersion guns are all right within a certain range. Like handguns often have higher dispersion than most of the other guns, but they damage quite well as long as you don't try to hit stuff close to their max range. 'course, having gun mods is still ideal, and the accuracy of most guns could be better than what they are now, but I'd say it's not something that you should only use when you hit late game. Like, once my survivor had reached a point where she had a decent supply of ammo, she started using ranged weapons as much as possible. Not early game, but not mid game either.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!