Author Topic: Screencapping?  (Read 65 times)

Offline End Transmission

• Zombie Food
  • Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo..
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
Screencapping?
« on: July 13, 2017, 08:40:51 PM »
I can think of a hundred and one reasons I'd want to screencap in Cataclysm: DDA, but Screencapping doesn't seem to work. I.e. instead of getting my survivor's killcount which I'm at least subjectively proud of (although I realize that by the objective standards of some killcounts I've seen on here it's piddling and puny) I get a screencap of whatever I have open BEHIND Cataclysm, like these forums or PAINT.NET where I was preparing to paste the screencap or whatever.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

P.S. I think I'm running basic Windows 10 or whatever if that makes a difference. Running version 0.C-3782 with tiles.
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline NuG

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Screencapping?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 12:25:26 PM »
Are you running in fullscreen or borderless fullscreen? I have seen other people have problems running fullscreen exclusive, rather than windowed borderless. It had to do with alt-tabbing, rather than screenshots, but I've seen this in another game.

I don't have this problem with CDDA, but I have this exact problem with FTL. If I run FTL windowed I can get a screenshot of the game, but if I run the game fullscreen I just get a screenshot of my desktop. Not sure why, because I used to be able to get screenshots through Raptor AMD gaming evolved app when I first built my PC a couple years ago no problem. Now I cant record or take screenshots of FTL unless it's windowed, for some reason.

Also, try alt+prntscrn to get a cap of whatever window your mouse is on(if you have multiple windows/screens open). Theres also win+prntscrn, but that would probably just do the same as your getting now, unless it's windowed.

Just woke up, still drinking my first cup, hopefully the above is legible enough.

Offline End Transmission

• Zombie Food
  • Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo..
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
Re: Screencapping?
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:01:17 PM »
Yes, I am running fullscreen. I'll see if running windowed solves the problem. Sorry for the delayed response, Prey (2017) happened and was unexpectedly System Shock 3 full stop and their went my life for a week or so.
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.