Author Topic: Crows are invading my house  (Read 320 times)

Offline hdggDalton

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Crows are invading my house
« on: July 15, 2017, 02:39:10 AM »
I have a run as a convict I'd say is going pretty well. On day 3, (much better than most runs) I was making a trip to the swamp to eat cattails fresh out of the swamp water (they're really good for hunger) and find wild vegetables to cook. After a small skirmish with a few dogs, netting valuable melee experience, I climbed back into my house through an open window... First, I headed into the kitchen to cook the 6 wild vegetables I found in the swamp and I found a crow near the front door. I literally cornered it. I had a brilliant idea to gain piercing weapons experience and wielded my makeshift knife and said "en garde"!

So now I was swordfighting this crow who had invaded my house, and the crow was a good opponent. It dodged almost all of my attacks, trying to get out of the way and jumping around like a swordsman... except it wasn't a swordsman, it was a crow. Then came the final and fatal blow. I had it trapped against a wall, and I stabbed the crow right in the abdomen, killing it instantly. After that was over, I went into the kitchen and found another crow on the kitchen counter... this time I didn't joke around, I grabbed my makeshift crowbar and smashed it into the counter with one blow, covering the counter with blood...

That night, I enjoyed a luxurious meal consisting of wild vegetable salad and crow guts. It was very filling compared to yesterday's meal of marshmallows, toilet water, and bones.
stop! sledgehammer time!

Offline EnDSchultz

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Crows are invading my house
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 07:03:29 AM »
Corvids are considered to be among the smartest and most resourceful birds, with intelligence possibly rivaling that of some primates. Clearly, these were not the brightest of the crow scholars if they thought they could best the mighty Hedge "Birdslayer" Dalton, wielder of the legendary crowbar, Feathersbane.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 08:28:57 AM »
When you live in motel, it's easy to funnel animals to the yard and then into one of the rooms.

I caught many elusive deer, crows, and turkeys.

Offline hdggDalton

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Continuation...
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »
To this day, I live as a taekwondo blackbelt who is known for turning crows into a pulp with my fists of fury (ok, so maybe i used the remington 870 once or twice for tougher enemies but whatever), and of course, I shall continue my quest to fulfill my vengeance upon the avian invaders...

Feathersbane was quickly thrown away in favour of a proper crowbar, which I call the House Breaker. If I find a Halligan bar I'll call it the Burglar's Best Friend...
stop! sledgehammer time!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 08:10:02 PM »
If only there was a reward for capturing live animals. Like birds occasionally dropping eggs and maybe feathers occasionally and stuff like that.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 07:49:06 PM »
If only there was a reward for capturing live animals. Like birds occasionally dropping eggs and maybe feathers occasionally and stuff like that.

Animal husbandry is fairly common request - making it work requires solving several other issues, first, and right now the devs are (theoretically) working for a release of 0.D, so it won't be soon.

Sorry.  :-(
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 07:16:44 AM »
I didn't say husbandry. Just something use like milk from cows, feathers and eggs from birds and if possible maybe riding horses... maybe... again if possible.