Author Topic: Encumbrance Calculation  (Read 179 times)

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
  • Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo..
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
Encumbrance Calculation
« on: August 04, 2017, 04:04:34 AM »
Alright, so it's torso encumbrance I'm mainly concerned with here, which is a factor I'm always weighing versus storage capacity. What is the deal with the number after the +? When I manually add up the encumbrance of everything I'm wearing on my torso, it adds up to the number before the + sign, so what does the number after the + sign represent exactly?
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Encumbrance Calculation
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 04:11:34 AM »
Penalty for wearing items in the same layer and body part. For example, hoodie + coat.

Offline End Transmission

• NPC
  • Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo..
    • View Profile
    • End Transmission Games
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:31:03 AM »
Do you know how it's weighted or if any items are exempt?
Final report of the commercial starship Nostromo, third officer reporting. The other members of the crew - Kane, Lambert, Parker, Brett, Ash, and Captain Dallas - are dead. Cargo and ship destroyed. I should reach the frontier in about six weeks. With a little luck, the network will pick me up.

Offline Coolthulhu

• Contributor
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 06:45:41 AM »
Most encumbering item in layer/body part is exempt. Items with 0 or 1 encumbrance are still treated as 2 encumbrance for purposes of this penalty.