Author Topic: Churl Start?  (Read 1630 times)

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: Churl Start?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2017, 07:16:51 PM »
I completely agree. Although right now my interpretation of the screwdriver set is the it is a box filled with different sizes and types like flat,start and maybe others.

This is another one of those things that make me want to make a mod that adds a lot more makeshift things but I don't really have the time,drive or patience to really do so.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 07:18:44 PM by DeWolf »

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »
I completely agree. Although right now my interpretation of the screwdriver set is the it is a box filled with different sizes and types like flat,start and maybe others.

This is another one of those things that make me want to make a mod that adds a lot more makeshift things but I don't really have the time,drive or patience to really do so.

Yeah, the "set" I assume is "exactly the right tool for almost any situation", so I get why that would be really hard to model making (minutia and tedium).  Do you include all the sizes of hex-key, do you include that funky triangle one, etc....

But the basic one should be stupid easy - butterknife + fabrication 1 or something.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2017, 10:53:41 PM »
Only thing though is that we make Phillips head screwdrivers.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 06:20:52 AM »
Only thing though is that we make Phillips head screwdrivers.

A butter knife (or smaller flathead screwdriver) can actually function decently well for most phillips head screws.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Rokmonkey

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2017, 01:22:23 PM »

Same here.  I'm thinking I actually will do it.  Just to address the short-comings you really only find doing challenge starts like this one.  A second recipe for a screw driver requiring a rag and resinous cord, or something like that would work.

A few recipes for make-shift metal armor.  Without a book you can't make the old school stuff, but even a passing knowledge should get you something sturdy if encumbering.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
Thou shalt not falt'r in thine quest to liveth in this curs'd w'rld, doth proce'd with vig'r and keepeth thine wits about! the dead loom and await those who art not careful!

Practiceth in one's bushcraft shall aid in one's survival, and maketh haste in f'rging cook'ry and tools from stone

A warmeth fireth did fill with logs shall keepeth thee comf'rtable in these bitt'rly cold nites, taketh careth yond the flames doth not spread

But most of all, keepeth prayeth'r in one's heart, and wits in thy mind and prayeth yond f'rtune smiles upon thee!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2017, 10:04:01 PM »
If only the fire circles were less stone heavy.

Offline Solusphere

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2017, 01:26:21 AM »
FYI, you can smash small boulders with a powerful bashing weapon to get 1-10 rocks. I assume you'd get more from the bigger boulders, but I think you'd need a hydraulic strength CBM to break those.

------------------------------------------------

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2017, 04:58:00 AM »
FYI, you can smash small boulders with a powerful bashing weapon to get 1-10 rocks. I assume you'd get more from the bigger boulders, but I think you'd need a hydraulic strength CBM to break those.
For a churl in the middle of nowhere how do you expect that to be possible?

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2017, 05:06:00 AM »
Find a hulk, get smashed through it...?
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline Solusphere

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2017, 05:10:02 AM »
For a churl in the middle of nowhere how do you expect that to be possible?

I don't, hence why I was only emphasizing the small boulders.

------------------------------------------------

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2017, 05:49:37 AM »
If it was me in this situation, I'd make a travois and pack it up with whatever food and tools I could use in a long journey, using logs to keep myself warm on the way.

If you can, follow a road until you find a town - if you're deep in the wilderness then pick a direction and keep at it.

However if you're completely avoiding civilization, then I suggest finding a swamp. They're a bit dangerous, but you could find a huge amount of supplies, namely salt, plant fiber and starch/flour if you can process the cattails.

Using logs and other materials you could eventually make a bow to hunt game and craft warm clothing, have ways to preserve food and even build a small log house and fireplace. From then on you're good to go

I forgot to mention that if you're lucky you can find a helicopter crash site (indicated by a massive metal wreckage) you can salvage this metal and can make a plethora of items from it, not to mention if you're lucky you can find some military grade gear.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 05:53:18 AM by Rot »

Offline Fris0uman

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2017, 01:19:00 PM »
Find a Motel, They seem to be somewhat common outside of city and you get everything you need in terms of wood, water and rags in them. (I did my run with city slightly further appart so it mght have made things easyer)

And as far as books are concerned find yourself some NPC to read to you, if you have wander spawn off then i don't know.