Author Topic: Opinions in trying to add Gun- fu?  (Read 784 times)

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions in trying to add Gun- fu?
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 04:13:14 AM »
I like it, though don't OVER penalize it too much just enough to keep it viable for holding your ground tactics.
The whole point is for it to be an alternative to be used judiciously in the right circumstances, so if you just switch from regular firing to double- or triple-tap it's going to go poorly.  If you need to keep firing continuously, you should keep using the regular attacks.  Keep in mind, if you switch targets your aim level resets fully anyway, so as long as you finish off an enemy with a double- or triple-tap, you don't suffer any additional penalties.
Would also help make pistol maneuverability more readily noticeable in game-play and lore without having to tweak and nerf other stuff so everything can have its proper niche.
Eh, I'm already doing pretty careful tuning :D
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 04:38:37 AM »
I like it, though don't OVER penalize it too much just enough to keep it viable for holding your ground tactics.
The whole point is for it to be an alternative to be used judiciously in the right circumstances, so if you just switch from regular firing to double- or triple-tap it's going to go poorly.  If you need to keep firing continuously, you should keep using the regular attacks.  Keep in mind, if you switch targets your aim level resets fully anyway, so as long as you finish off an enemy with a double- or triple-tap, you don't suffer any additional penalties.
WOOPS mind skipped past the sentence I was currently writting. I  Meant to say:

I like it, though don't OVER penalize it too much, just enough to keep from being viable for holding your ground tactics.
Would also help make pistol maneuverability more readily noticeable in game-play and lore without having to tweak and nerf other stuff so everything can have its proper niche.
Eh, I'm already doing pretty careful tuning :D
Well ok granted I had no grounds to accuse you otherwise. Not like I play enough these day to even be capable of complaint anyways.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 03:46:22 PM »
I didn't take it as a criticism, it's just that I'm doing the work you're suggesting I avoid already.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Logistic Tangent

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 04:12:07 PM »
Here's another iirc. (Also some personal refrence)

The last time I was in a shooting competition  (I am just a rank amateur) we had to do a woods run. In which you had to move through a wooded area engaging some standard targets with a "double tap". I was using a .22 pistol for the competition that had a scope on it the size of the barrel so it had a negligible amount of recoil. After the course we could review our targets and help reset for the next shooter.

Bringing me to my point. I am a fairly decent shot but on average the spread of my two rounds was 5 in. That was just double tapping, but all of my shots were about where i had aimed. The Mozambique drill puts two rounds in the center of mass and one round in the "head / neck" area to ensure that the target stays down.

The way I could see this playing nicely would be in a progression sort of like this:

Double tap / triple tap / Mozambique / other advanced drills.and maneuvers by "difficulty"

It would allow a character to have a measurable progression of skills and be "realistic" as putting two rounds in rapid succession into a target is easier than three is easier than two and a headshot.