Author Topic: Once Z levels get fully implemented, could we make multi layer vehicles?  (Read 556 times)

Offline 4R53N1C

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Think of a double decker tourist bus, then imagine adding armor plating and reinforcing the windows. Then add a mounted machine gun on top. This would provide an elevated firing position and, in the case of human enemies, make it more difficult to fire at you. It could also add more storage/living space for mobile bases.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Think of a double decker tourist bus, then imagine adding armor plating and reinforcing the windows. Then add a mounted machine gun on top. This would provide an elevated firing position and, in the case of human enemies, make it more difficult to fire at you. It could also add more storage/living space for mobile bases.
Potential area for vehicle mounted farms too.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
It's actually not quite as tricky as a lot of the Z-level stuff, because vehicles are already a weird exception to normal map handling code.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Kryxx

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Once Z levels get fully implemented, could we make multi layer vehicles?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 02:53:17 PM »

then you drive the 5z level tower of doom under a walkway that is 2z level's high and smash the top off.

Quote from: dharthoorn
IP laws are one first world problem a zombie apocalypse would solve and make the world a less ugly and especially less greedy place.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2017, 03:29:43 PM »

then you drive the 5z level tower of doom under a walkway that is 2z level's high and smash the top off.
Tactical vertical building insertion.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 04:13:50 PM »
XD

Skycrane insertion day 5: I ran out of ammo back on day 3, but more zombies have come. looks like today will be the day boots hit the roof however, a good thing because I ran out of 'machine washable' tags to write on on day 1. I didn't want to resort to tearing pieces of parachute for logs, but am quickly running out of arm to write on. Note to self: next time bring paper, shorten the skycrane, or wait longer before opening the chute.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »
Imagine airplanes.

Or actual trains in subways.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 09:06:20 PM »
subway trains have little to do with z-level mechanics, unless they start traveling between levels along with subway entrances and such. Airplanes I can't even imagine how might work without overhauling to a totally different game engine. Or making them basically teleportfast travel-(halo style oracle mode) / orbital bombardment stations.

Wow. Dropping things on zombie heads from z level 50 sounds immensely gratifying.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 05:26:40 AM »
Imagine airplanes.

I hope to high hell that if they ever make it into the game they're abstracted rather than simulated. Thousands of characters will die as players try to wrap their head around v speeds, critical angle of attack, aircraft weight and balance, etc. And thats not even getting into the mechanical side of things.

Alex999jg

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 05:59:45 AM »
Three words triple decker supercar

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2017, 04:32:32 PM »
Subways are little more than dry sewers, which is a little disappointing. I guess you could have airplanes act like cars, just on a different z-level and it has the ability to freely travel (i.e. teleport, deconstruct, reconstruct) So you'll press the vehicle menu, go up or down a certain amount of levels, etc.

If that's not probable (Which now thinking about it won't have much utility) I think it'll act like pressing M and viewing the map, allowing you to fast travel, drop bombs, scout, etc. would be much better than just pressing the drive key and staring at blue tiles for 15 minutes while you travel in one direction.

(Not enough fuel to reach destination, land as close as you can? Y/N)

"Drop bombs where?" (Shows blinking letter)

Adding the potential to drop atom bombs from airplanes would be the cherry on top.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 10:41:06 PM »
I can't see an apocalypse survivor finding enough of a risk/reward ratio to consider doing anything with airplanes....unless they were top secret UFO's with VTOL capabilities, which would allow the explaining away basically anything thats not convenient/conducive to enjoyable play. Allow for 'hover bombing' and "fast travel" in an excusable late game fashion.