Author Topic: Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: Open for questions  (Read 830 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: Open for questions
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2017, 03:31:06 AM »
XD XD yeah. Ordered a 1$ adaptor so I can install with mouse and $11 keyboard I've been looking for. Total price $20 including shipping.

Then once windows is installed I can update drivers and such and never need it again. _-_ :/ so theres that.

Who designs an install program that requires a mouse? Why is it so hard to design it to be either mouse OR keyboard compatible... or like Morse code to the motherboard if need-be. ALL the inputs should be viable....
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2017, 08:53:15 PM »
Does Windows really require a mouse? I was pretty sure you could get through it just with a combination of TAB+arrow keys+enter.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2017, 03:42:23 PM »
No there was no way for me to select the... think the 3rd page next. no amount of tabs, n, Shift+n, or arrow keys would get me their... although now you have me doubting myself. Ima go check arrowkeys again.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2017, 02:59:07 AM »
Well I've not seen that before.

It was the accept terms and conditions that had me stuck. Instead of a tab over >enter; or a Y; it wanted a tab over and a for accept. I've never had to do something like that without a mouse but that strikes me as an odd way to do it.

Anyways, now I'm all logged in but it doesn't want to connect to any peripherals except for the ancient PS2. Not even the wifi reciver that its plugged into the motherboard or the cable I used to connect it directly to the phone jack. Though I only had LAN and I *think* phone lines available it was originally wired DSL so one of those might should have been acceptable. It wasn't so I'm going to have to download drivers manually on Ubuntu and copy them over tomorrow.