Author Topic: Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: Open for questions  (Read 961 times)

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: Adobe flash support
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 03:19:28 PM »
Its an ASRock 350 pro 4.
It was intended for use with windows. Updateing without might be problematic.

From the looks of it it doesn't recognize it BECAUSE its on a differnt HD.
OH, wait... I remember something about boot drives hould be on certain ports....
Nope. Its only for best boot time and as already attached to one of the recommended ports. Darn Thought it was simple solution for a sec.

If it is its showing up as something unusual that I don't recognize.
Option 1 is Ubuntu but its actually Mint that I have been running. Same differance from a boot perspective I guess. Nothing else simmilar
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 12:19:53 AM »
Well, okay. If I think of anything else that might help I'll post, but short of being able to sit down in front of it and figure out what it's doing, I've got nothing at this point.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: NA
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 12:42:17 AM »
Oh oops Thought I already posted edit. I'm just stupid it was listed as the hard drive at the end of the list. I think I was tired the last time I went over it and went cross eyed or just stopped caring enough to look at the screen anymore or something. I'm good Thanks for all the help.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 02:24:29 AM »
That's great that the boot thing turned out to be a simple fix. Happy to help!

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: Open for questions
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
XD so many reads but nobody said anything but you. Thanks again.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »
Hmm. Is there a way to keep other programs (like steam) from overriding some keyboard shortcuts (like alt tab) ?
(in Ubuntu)

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2017, 01:42:29 AM »
Huh. I dunno, I've always just changed the key settings when that sort of thing came up.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 04:15:07 AM »
I know you can change the Steam overlay shortcut key through Steam, as I use Shift+Insert myself, but not sure if that helps ya ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ .

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 05:59:57 AM »
yeah for some reason steam is overriding my other keyboard shortcuts. Had to turn of the computer because I couldn't get out, until I found the shift-tab steam overlay that would give me the mouse back. Need to delete the local files now. Changed a vid setting wrong and now the screen complains about bad imput if i play pychonaughts, forcing me to do the same thing.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: General computer Chat & Helpline -> current topic: nautilus-actions-configur
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 06:44:36 PM »
OH.... O.o

Just found nautilus-actions-configuration tool

I... I think I need new pants. This... This is everything I ever wanted to be able to do with a computers GUI Is the begining of being able to create everything I ever wanted to be able to do with a computers GUI

I am too excited by this discovery to learn how to use it properly.
Hmm I need to make a list of all the things I want to be able to make with this

and to think it all started with a search for how to get/use Ubuntu emblems on icons.

Please notify me if I fall in too deep.

Edit:  .....and I have no idea what Im doing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 08:53:24 PM by Litppunk »

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2017, 04:59:34 AM »
Ok. Now I actually need help again. I would think there would be a thousand ways to do it, but for some reason I can't seem to get it.

I want to install windows on a fresh HD, but I can't seem to find a program that will take a windows .iso on an Ubuntu system and install it on an HD.And my UEFI doesn't seem to want to boot off the iso I put on the flash drive with UnetBootin.

Rufus: Doesn't work on wine
UnetBootin: can't be configured to recognize HD's outside of wine.
Etcher Linux 64X: "Special needs to make a windows iso, please use a program like Rufus"
Etcher Windows 64X: "Requires windows 7 or newer" I also think it requires x32 bit to be wine compatible, so double strike with wine.
YUMI: when 'show all drives' is selected, it only shows another drive, if I continue and try to run the iso onto it it gives me a warning about making sure its a USB. If I ignore it and continue on it gives me an error about 'partition is NTFS, needs to be FAT32 or NTFS file-system'

:/

I should get a job as a bug tester. Or just start using things like normal people do....

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2017, 09:21:46 PM »
I'm pretty sure you can pass a raw drive to KVM/Qemu, which would let you install an OS from an ISO. I don't know if Windows would have a cow about your hardware being different after install, though.
 The simplest solution would be to just burn that ISO to a disc.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2017, 01:50:38 AM »
Yea. I havn't had any luck with VMs before. Burning a disk seems excessive, but BIOS stuff is never simple -_-

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2017, 06:52:16 PM »
Well the DVD burn worked beutifully :D

But windows won't recognize my peripherals, so I can't get past the select language install screen. Looking into the problem now. May need to pull out the antique keyboard.

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2017, 01:49:26 AM »
Stupid Windows! Be more compatible!

/homer