Author Topic: Darkwind: War on Wheels  (Read 375 times)

Offline HeadWar

• NPC
    • View Profile
Darkwind: War on Wheels
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:19:16 PM »
If you've ever played the tabletop game Car Wars, you'll feel right at home in this game. The setting is post-apocalyptic, you manage a gang of road warriors, and their vehicles.

The game is played online, and is brutally unforgiving if you make mistakes, or just have a bit of bad luck. But if you play Cata, that should be right up your alley anyway.

There is pretty much no support for the game any more, but there are very rarely any important bugs. The community is small but quite friendly.

The "strategic" part of the game is played from a web browser, and the car driving is done in a 3D engine with somewhat realistic physics. You give simple orders to your cars for 1 seconds turns, and then that turn plays out, and you give new orders. The UI is atrocious, but you get used to it, and it gets the job done.

The game is free to play, but with limitations unless you pay the subscription. Nothing that will stop you from getting into the game though.

Available on Steam or on the site.

http://www.dark-wind.com/

Poke me if you see me in the game chat, and I'll give you a hand getting started. Most anyone who's awake will give you advice though.
2001 km/h (1244 mph for the metrically challenged)

Quote from: halberdsturgeon
Quote from: jimboblordofeskimos
Or we could you know, try for a friendly and positive environment?
I don't know which Internet you came from, but I wouldn't mind moving over there myself.

Offline Wease

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwind: War on Wheels
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:01:19 PM »
I'll give this a try, thanks for the recommendation. I love the genre and I've been craving something like this for a while now.