Author Topic: Remember your first game? How did it end?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Remember your first game? How did it end?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2017, 04:34:33 PM »
I lit a fire to read by while hiding out in the basement of a cathedral on the first night. Burned to death in the flames.
Don't we all eventually burn down a church? Good times...

We should really put out a PSA about using the ovens that can be found in every house (and cathedral basement) to start fires. A ton of people here and on Reddit still don't know about it because it was introduced after the guides on CDDA wiki were written. Would prevent alot of fiery deaths.

Offline Rysith

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »
Started in the shelter, headed to town, panicked because my hands were freezing, ended up running away from zombies into another pack of zombies.

Offline Sneaky Potato

• Zombie Food
  • Spudjutsu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2017, 02:38:11 AM »
I started being a bionic assassin, i didn't knew howl bionics or combat worked and got munched by a wolf pack.
You can feel the blood in your medication stream.  It's a strange feeling.

Offline zombiechow

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2017, 11:28:59 AM »
First, first game? Way back when it was just Cataclysm...

Couldn't find a knife (was quite rare in super old versions of the original game). Starved to death cause I couldn't butcher anything.

My most memorable recent death was a very well geared, skilled survivor... blundering into a turret in a lab - that I had already cleared and explored. I think I went back for more jugs of bleach or something. Yep... I had been 'dealing' with turrets by just closing the door on them and forgetting about them, and well that's how that ended up working for me.

Offline JunkBondTrader

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 06:00:17 AM »
I do remember my first game, since it was only a few weeks ago! Maybe a month. I dunno I'm bad with time.

I started as an evacuee survivor. I went outside and none of you will ever guess what I ran into... A moose! Yes. Believe it lol.
It didn't kill me in the end actually. It chased me straight into town, where a mass of zombies ended up chasing me straight into a house.  I got into a heated kerfuffle with him, bare fists! Annnd lost. I was quite overwhelmed at that point, I was thinking Damn. Was that a moose? I have a lot to learn. 

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2017, 08:32:01 PM »
Most of my early games consisted of making a spear heading into town and attempting to spear all the things and eventually failing to do so. Usually due to death by zombies (usually spitters and shockers), surprise basement spiders or both.

Edit I also didn't know back then that you could actually do reach attacks I.e. pressing f to spear from a safer distance. Wish I knew that back then.

Offline Grand sage

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2017, 10:48:58 PM »
early.
Breaking down cats with a hacksaw or torch tends to skill up mechanics rather fast

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 06:11:16 PM »
I was hungry, killed a raccoon and got its meat, I started a fire in a nearby bush to cook the meat, I was getting you were hurt messages but I thought it was the smoke messing with me, when the meal is ready I suddenly see I have like 300 pain and near death, I didn't realize the grass below me could catch fire!

From there I always cook in the pavement...

Offline Mantar

• NPC
  • NOMAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2017, 08:51:56 PM »
The construction menu allows you to remove grass now, which is good. Also built a fire pit with 10 stones to contain a fire.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:32 PM »
The construction menu allows you to remove grass now, which is good. Also built a fire pit with 10 stones to contain a fire.
Reminds me of a time where I tried to make a fire pit. The wiki said to make a circle of rocks and that is literally what I did. I was disappointed and tried to avoid cooking with fire wherever possible until now as I know I can make a brazier out of lockers and have an almost eternal flame with enough logs.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2017, 04:33:46 AM »
Not sure about first game, but I remember being terrorized by grabboids a lot.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline stone94

• NPC
  • Life is far too overpowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 12:43:30 PM »
I didn't know there was a run key... Hulks caught me and played catch with me.
I knew and hulk still played catch with me
You can call me anything you like, just don't call me late for supper.

Offline Smellfungus

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 11:28:23 PM »
My first game I still remember... Going happily down into the basement of the shelter, getting some random gear, being super happy about my emergency blanker, chatting with the NPC... who promptly ran outside and started fighting a zombie. I ran out too, to help, then after that was dead I think he chased a squirrel. Either way I was pretty upset and gave up on him, then started making my knife spear. Once that was done I headed for the nearest grocery store, ran into 5 zombies, got surrounded and died. The next two dozen times I only left the shelter at night, closed up all the curtains and eventually gave up on NPCs after two crashes and an active mininuke incident. I panicked when I saw it and traded for it like a noob. I thought I could save us if I could just run/throw it far enough (I couldn't).

Offline Eric

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 03:16:49 AM »
"Maybe the milspec turrets won't see me if I try to sneak around behind the trees"
Nothing in this game makes me sadder than walking into some town and seeing a destroyed APC

Offline TheWumpus

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2017, 05:18:12 AM »
I found a katana on the first day outside the shelter in the middle of a drug dealer spawn.

Then I charged into town like a dumbass. It did not end well.
"I carved a French number puzzle into my chest for some weary survivor to solve and bled to death." -Closet Pankin