Author Topic: For want of a wrench  (Read 805 times)

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: For want of a wrench
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2017, 09:37:44 PM »
I'm 16 days in, 276 kills, but can't find a wrench (or pliers).

In a previous game I searched three towns, that had roughly 8 garages and a fistful of hardware between them, and didn't find a single hacksaw.  I had to forge one myself and after that character retired I played a few games on loot setting 10.00.  Which honestly made the game feel more realistic.  I mean who has a fully furnished house with just a magazine a pair of jeans and a can of ravioli in it?

But it felt like cheating so I went back to default settings.
Especially considering lorewise the game takes place after what a week after the portal crisis.

Offline Beetlecat

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Re: For want of a wrench
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 08:16:34 PM »
In a previous game I searched three towns, that had roughly 8 garages and a fistful of hardware between them, and didn't find a single hacksaw.  I had to forge one myself and after that character retired I played a few games on loot setting 10.00.  Which honestly made the game feel more realistic.  I mean who has a fully furnished house with just a magazine a pair of jeans and a can of ravioli in it?

But it felt like cheating so I went back to default settings.

I totally know what you mean -- I get the notion of people clearing out and taking essentials, but a typical household would leave a *ton* of stuff behind. Gameplay/scavenge exercise dictates that we can't be totally self-sufficient just by finding a single house, so it's a bit of an abstraction both ways.