Author Topic: Windows - SDL compiles without errors, but cant run  (Read 96 times)

Offline AncientSion

  • Zombie Food
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Windows - SDL compiles without errors, but cant run
« on: October 06, 2017, 05:20:21 PM »
Im using Codeblocks and i can build both Retail and SDL version fine (= finishes w/o errors). However, when trying to actually run the tiles.exe i receive an windows error (0xc000007b). The ascii build works just fine.

Any ideas on why that would happen ?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 11:14:44 PM by AncientSion »

Offline Zhilkin

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: Windows - SDL compiles without errors, but cant run
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 05:28:31 PM »
Have you copied SDL binaries to cdda folder?

Offline AncientSion

  • Zombie Food
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Windows - SDL compiles without errors, but cant run
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 11:18:12 PM »
Yes. I have SDL2.dll, SDL2_image.dll and SD2_ttf.dll in my cata root folder, alongside tiles and non-tiles.exe.

Offline Zhilkin

  • NPC
  • **
  • Posts: 205
    • View Profile
Re: Windows - SDL compiles without errors, but cant run
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 08:55:13 AM »
Make sure copied SDL binaries are for correct version (64 bit libraries for 64 bit build, 32 bit libraries for 32 bit build) and also that you have all other dependecies:

Code: [Select]
libasprintf-0.dll
libcharset-1.dll
libFLAC-8.dll
libfreetype-6.dll
libgettextpo-0.dll
libiconv-2.dll
libintl-8.dll
libjpeg-9.dll
libmikmod-2.dll
libmodplug-1.dll
libogg-0.dll
libpng16-16.dll
libtiff-5.dll
libvorbis-0.dll
libvorbisfile-3.dll
libwebp-4.dll
lua5.1.dll
lua51.dll
SDL2.dll
SDL2_image.dll
SDL2_mixer.dll
SDL2_ttf.dll
smpeg2.dll
zlib1.dll

You can see download links here - https://github.com/CleverRaven/Cataclysm-DDA/blob/master/COMPILING.md#dependencies-2

Offline AncientSion

  • Zombie Food
  • *
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Windows - SDL compiles without errors, but cant run
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 12:58:35 PM »
I did solve my iusses. Using "dependency analyser" i did see i was missing some DLLs and was had some x86 / x64 hickup.
Im now using VS and my compile works as well as is actually starts.
thanks.