Author Topic: Start of cataclysm.  (Read 451 times)

Offline however

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Start of cataclysm.
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »
Hello,

I read wiki lore about cataclysm but i really dont get it :< I want to ask, how zombie epidemy starts exacly ? What happens ?
I dont get lore on wiki, i read just about some plants, but how that plants start to grow and why epidemy of zombies starts ?

Offline DemAvalon

• NPC
  • Through sheer magic I have registered on the forum
    • View Profile
Re: Start of cataclysm.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 02:22:06 PM »
"Oh Master, I don't do THOSE sorts of things♪..."

Offline however

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 02:43:38 PM »
Zombifying starts becouse of chemic clouds or by that XE037(he escape by portal ?) ? i read both stories but i still not get how that starts... And those portals are teleportation portals ?

Offline DemAvalon

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:47:26 PM »
XE037 is the blob, an extra dimensional entity that is what causes the zombies and the mutated animals (ever see those blob enemies?, that is the cause of the zombies) when someone dies for any given reason (so long as it does not make the body unusable, missing head, pulped etc...) the blob gets inside said corpse and puppeteers it around, eventually mutating it into more powerful forms (acid zombies, hulks, boomers etc..) basically the scientists of America figured out a way to open portals to another dimension which is where most the weird stuff comes from (flaming eyes, shogoths, the blob, etc...) it also caused a massive acid rain that killed most of the world's population, and since there were so many corpses lying around the blob was able to take possession of those unchallenged, and that is what caused the zombie problem in the game.

Offline however

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 04:41:51 PM »
How that blob get out of lab ?

Offline DemAvalon

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 05:18:15 PM »
portals opened all over the world it came from those, and also the blob infected the scientist and staff who then went outside, maybe I also think it contaminated the water, further more the people who died when they were experimenting with the blob were disposed of irregularly (you can see some of those inside a waste disposal sarcophagus)

Offline Weyrling

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 01:54:13 AM »
The scientists were doing teleportation experiments WITH XE037, some of it escaped into the groundwater and started infecting people before the doomsday event itself actually happened.

Every time they opened a portal or teleported something it made it easier to open portals to other dimensions.
Once this hit a critical mass of some kind, tons of portals opened up all over the world from various different dimensions more or less on their own.

Some of them had toxic atmospheres, which is why acid rain swept across the world.
Others had horrible monsters that couldn't survive outside of their own dimension, but due to the portals being open they were free to wreak havoc across the world, these are the reason the military got completely screwed.

Even worse, the scientists had tons of extra-dimensional creatures stored in their labs to experiment on, a large number of these labs got nuked in an attempt to halt the outbreak, but this mostly had the opposite effect, opening more portals or simply releasing many of the captive creatures.

Offline snow dwarf

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 06:45:03 AM »
Huh, I actually didn't know that this was a thing. So basically everything was caused by the (kind of) harmless blobs?

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 07:29:51 AM »
It was caused by aliens, basically.

Offline Weyrling

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 09:28:25 PM »
Huh, I actually didn't know that this was a thing. So basically everything was caused by the (kind of) harmless blobs?
The blobs+zombies were actually a fairly small issue during the Cataclysm event itself.

They're only a huge issue now because all the really bad stuff couldn't live in our dimension once the portals shut down.