Author Topic: Adurnsyl Assorted Arms and Armour  (Read 4638 times)

Offline Adurnsyl

• Zombie Food
  • I don't know what to put here soo.... Rawr?
    • View Profile
Adurnsyl Assorted Arms and Armour
« on: October 27, 2017, 02:37:07 AM »
Adurnsyl Assorted Arms and Armour

Download on Github here https://github.com/Adurnsyl/Adurnsyls-Assorted-Arms-and-Armour.git

This mod initially started as a personal project out of boredom. I had only planned on adding in a few different guns that I really liked but weren't in game. Then I decided to take it a little further and add in more real world military equipment, and now I'm here. I feel like there might be a few players out there who would enjoy this mod so I'm posting it here.

Features

+ ACU's in multicam and UCP

+IOTV vests in multicam and UCP

+A bunch of guns (the xm-29 oicw is the one I'm the most proud of, but the others are pretty cool too)

+Some weapons are now able to be field stripped and combined with other firearms from the same family (mainly AR pattern rifles and the STG-44's)

+new ammunition types: 300 blackout, 7.92x33 kurtz and 20x28mm

+Hi-points

+new helmets (PASGT helmets) with removable helmet covers

+many leadworks and other fictional firearms have been removed and replaced with a real world counter-part

This is my first project so it might be a bit wonky, but I'm still learning and won't drop support for this any time soon. I'm totally open to feedback and would love to hear from anyone who decides they want to try out my mod ^.=.^

To do list for the next update

* T.A.L.O.S  (Tactical Assault Light Operator Suit) exoskeleton

*H.U.L.C (Human Universal Load Carrier) exoskeleton

*flack jackets

*more firearms that can be taken apart (The goal is to eventually have all real world firearms in game disassemble-able)
    - 9mm is up first followed by 9x18 and 22

*more civilian / police issue vests

*EOD suits

*figure out how skill and recipe learning works so there isn't an ungodly amount of rifles in the crafting menu

*balancing and spawn-rate tweaks if needed
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 01:52:34 AM by Adurnsyl »
Adurnsyl the very confused programmer

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
Re: Adurnsyl Assorted Arms and Armour
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 05:05:57 AM »
Cool.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 09:19:41 AM »
Is there a possibility of getting some more realworld/modern/futuristic armors in a just armors pack? I'd love some more armor but I'm happy with the number of gun mods in my current world.

Offline Adurnsyl

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:32:29 PM »
I could do that in the next update I push. It'll all be in the same github repository though I don't want to have to manage multiple projects all at once. I'll probably be updating it later today, so I'll post again just before I upload the updated version.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 02:51:08 PM »
Awesome. It'd be nice to have some actually decent non-survivor armor for a change.

Offline Adurnsyl

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 10:25:40 PM »
I've just pushed a new build to Github. It has an armours only version as well as a weapons only version for those who just want more guns. I'm not sure how balanced the new vests are so you'll have to tell me how they handle in-game once you've gotten to use them. Since they're only military issue vests they only spawn at military sites or on zombified soldiers.

Also, from here forward I'm only going to update at the end of the month, so any bugs or weird formatting errors won't be fixed until the end of November.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2017, 01:02:53 AM »
Would you consider improving the coverage of some of the vests? Or perhaps add survivor modified versions with extra kevlar that have better coverage?
Also, have you considered adding a bomb disposal suit?

Offline Adurnsyl

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 01:36:00 AM »
an EOD suit is among the things I plan to add to the next update. As for the vests currently in the mod I'll be tweaking them until I can get the feel right. I might look into survivor modified variants depending on how much I get done before the end of November, but it's not at the top of my priority list.

Offline WIndburns

• NPC
  • I Squeeze Cats!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 02:10:14 AM »
Yes Thank You So Much!
The main difference is we focus on content and internal systems

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2017, 02:52:23 AM »
That's fair enough. I'm just having a hard time justifying using them since they've only got 85%. It seems like military grade armor should have 100% or close to...

Offline Adurnsyl

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2017, 03:11:38 AM »
Most vest, even military issue, don't cover everything. There are still plenty of places that a bullet can sneak in through. Most notable under the arms and around the bottom of the vest (I know some vests have a little flap that covers the hips and groin but that flap isn't made to stop bullets, it's to protect against shrapnel) . getting around that would require a full body armour suit. I have a few of those in the works for the next update. I didn't include them in the initial release because I was having a hard time figuring out how exactly I would implement them.

Offline darktoes

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2017, 06:00:48 AM »
I suppose that's true, I was just thinking it would probably be best for balance to make them actually worth using, but if you have full body suits in the works then that sounds perfect. This is awesome, keep up the good work!
By the way, I used the full pack anyway. The guns are pretty nice.
(Getting hyped for the exoskeletons!)