Author Topic: Crafted sights/scopes (or lack thereof).  (Read 238 times)

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
Crafted sights/scopes (or lack thereof).
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:12:06 PM »
I find it extremely weird you get auto-learn recipes for rifles and the like, even pretty complicated ones, and you get a low dispersion (compared to default rifle iron sights) BOW sights, but you can only loot (not craft) advanced rifle sights and scopes.
Basically that means a longbow has better accuracy at medium ranges than a average rifle with just crafted gear.
Is that intended? I mean, crafted scopes can still be inferior to pre-made ones and require non-craftable components (i. e. high quality lenses).
But being downright impossible to craft in any meaningful way as an auto-learn recipe seems very strange (when player is established to be creative enough to think of a functional anti-material class gauss rail rifle all on your own).

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
Re: Crafted sights/scopes (or lack thereof).
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »
No one has added one, that's all there is to it.
Not sure what kind you're talking about, scopes mean optics, which themselves are uncraftable.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline Tamior

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:01:09 PM »
No one has added one, that's all there is to it.
Not sure what kind you're talking about, scopes mean optics, which themselves are uncraftable.
Well, I would expect the optics would be handled the usual way, that is: you can craft the scope if you have the lenses, but you need to get those lenses elsewhere (binoculars or something similar).
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:41:09 AM by Tamior »

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:22:42 AM »
In that case there is definitely no problem, just hasn't been added.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!