Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1171892 times)

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #12750 on: March 08, 2017, 10:09:23 PM »
The southern patrol boat is now rocking a 30mm autocannon and a V6 diesel engine. He could mount the ATGM launcher, but I can't imagine what he would use it for. Killing tank drones?

Hulks? T-rexes? Shoggoths? Dracoliches? NPCs? 3:

Offline TheWumpus

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12751 on: March 09, 2017, 03:17:21 AM »

The southern patrol boat is now rocking a 30mm autocannon and a V6 diesel engine. He could mount the ATGM launcher, but I can't imagine what he would use it for. Killing tank drones?

Geese if you see them. Damned Canadian invaders, crapping all over the place and never paying taxes.
"I carved a French number puzzle into my chest for some weary survivor to solve and bled to death." -Closet Pankin

Offline Random_dragon

• Survivor
  • Psycho bored dragon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12752 on: March 09, 2017, 04:05:29 AM »
Oh wait. How could we forget moose?

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12753 on: March 09, 2017, 08:41:42 AM »
Down in the mine with that dark pedestal thing. So, examining the pedestal will trigger the alarm where the petrified eye starts screaming. On the other hand, just taking the eye causes no alarm to trigger, allowing the survivor to exit the mine without a hitch.

So yeah. Wondering if that's intended, like a trap for further examining the pedestal, or if the altar was supposed to trigger the alarm when the petrified eye is taken.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline mlangsdorf

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12754 on: March 09, 2017, 01:44:49 PM »
Geese if you see them. Damned Canadian invaders, crapping all over the place and never paying taxes.

I ran over a turkey with my 10-ton APC, hoping to kill it and get some roadkill meat. Apparently, that doesn't work, or at least, you can't do it with spiked rams at 60 mph. I imagine that if I hit a goose with an ATGM, there wouldn't even be a blood spatter left.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #12755 on: March 12, 2017, 01:41:37 AM »
initial Fire jewed me into a corner, i ran through flame to get out.

with half dead feet i fled into the night of a small town with 3 pizza shops on one intersection.
found a fire house nearby. found a fire axe and killed a fire house to claim all the dirty fire gear ever.  now im running around swinging and axe with zero skill and 81 encumbrance because Eff You if you think ima drop anything

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #12756 on: March 12, 2017, 08:27:25 PM »
found a mall, the zeds chased a dog away, and I snuck in.  The zeds decided to horde up 50 zed for me to fight out of nowhere.  Hordes are certainly more active again.  annoying is what it is.  They chased me all the way back to town, and when I slept, 20 overmap tiles from either the mall or the town, they sporadically showed up to bullshit me all night as I crafted and repaired and dealt with obnoxious hallucinations who still can emit their materials even though they dont exist.

I woke up to a cougar attacking me for no real reason, and I dropped the morale of cows since they were hostile for no reason.

I have a burnt baseball bat, a filthy entry suit, a bunch of filthy fireman gear, a fire axe I can repair with my 4 soldering irons and 2500+ batteries, an acetylene torch, a combat knife Im going to give a try over a spear this run, and a klaxon with 10 rounds in it.  I have a crossbow from an npc who got horded to death, and an SUV that had its windshield smashed out that took me over 8 ingame hours of continuous combat to obtain.

I saw the SUV by a school and the zeds pathed through the front seat to get to me because I positioned myself so as to minimize damage to it.  I lit 3 fires around me and fought the horde of children.  The children found a security van to rub their face over and this attracted other zeds.  The other zeds inevitably brought a shrieker or 6 and the compounded effect occurred.  Cue 8 hours of killing zombies, running over to the SUV with my spare I had to put down every time I needed to wield my axe, and then run back because more magic-pony infinite hordes.  INFINITE.

Eventually some of the charred remains from the fire got up and I had to put them down before the sun finally set and I was able to sneak around for the 5 minutes required to do my work.

I love the hordes, but Ive been preaching about how we need finite numbers of them for a while now.  Even if they can 'restock over time' or 'wander into the area', they need to not be infinite over 8 hours.  And they should not, similarly, reach 'pre-depletion' levels.  If I kill a large city's worth of finite wanderer hordes, there should be no amount of time that allows them to amass a huge force like that again.

Offline Haerdalas

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12757 on: March 12, 2017, 09:03:03 PM »
I thought hordes WERE finite? Just, you know, VERY numerous. I know I have successfully cleared out pretty much all hordes in one of the smaller towns in my own game...

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #12758 on: March 13, 2017, 01:15:32 AM »
Summer.

i splurged tonight.

well, i detoxed.  i found some .223 ammo.  i found a shotgun and 2 whole shells.  i found a battered h&k handgun and 20 rounds.  i made steal spear when i realized that the combat knife lacked block or the raw damage of the spear.  maybe at higher skills the rapid strike would prove useful, but not at level 03 melee.

i detoxed on a farm.  fungus survivors where swarming the place.  and zeds.  very fitting that it was one of the hastily converted survivor farms then.  melodramatic.

killed the blind zombies and the fungal zeds and the furvivors.  detoxed, but something fungal made new fungloids and.over the next 4 days life was ignoring hallucinations, sewing a leather duster when he woke up, and killing stray fungus.  towards the end i only went outside to get water from the pump and all i heard was "pouf!" "pouf!". as even the walls surcame to the fungus' thralldom.  imagine detoxing, hallucinating all manner of horrors you only witnessed and survived 2 weeka ago.  then the walls grow an invasive fungus.  then after the audial hallucinations stop you can only hear the soft 'pouf, pouf' of the fungus trying to invade your body, all while you sweat out the oldest addicting substance known to man...

its subliminally fridge horror.

Offline TheWumpus

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12759 on: March 13, 2017, 12:05:07 PM »
Well the first lab run ended by walking into a turret like a moron.

The second lab run ended when I realized that by building a fire in the hallway to get a smoke screen to get past the turret and then clearing the lab underneath I had not enabled z levels and the fire was quite happy to burn only when I was standing there watching it approach. Mistakes were made.

The third lab run ended by security bot.

The fourth lab run was a success. Got outside, looted the prison to the north, made a cart, and headed south to a LMOE full of tools in the middle of a swamp. That's near a fungal bloom so unlimited veggie bits. And I found a working technical. Looted part of the nearby town, retreated to the shelter, saved before unloading the truck. Now to build a welder.

I had forgotten how much !!FUN!! PKs mod is. There were doom guys fighting zeds in the town. It did not end well for them. Also the PRM Marine Helmet is pretty nifty.

Found out where the doom dudes were coming from. There's a hellspire cathedral right outside of town. Maximum nope. The zeds that swarmed it didn't fare well at all and I can see hellknights stomping around in the fires. Ha Ha, fuck that.

Acid Rain is now a thing again. This is unexpected.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:56:36 PM by TheWumpus »
"I carved a French number puzzle into my chest for some weary survivor to solve and bled to death." -Closet Pankin

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #12760 on: March 13, 2017, 11:59:55 PM »
I thought hordes WERE finite? Just, you know, VERY numerous. I know I have successfully cleared out pretty much all hordes in one of the smaller towns in my own game...

According to the powers that be.

I just rammed into a zombie brute that spawned directly in front of my car and took out my engine block.  I want that to sink in.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • Closet Brute
    • View Profile
« Reply #12761 on: March 14, 2017, 01:03:38 AM »
Yea, so wander horde brute magic-spawned onto my engine block so I needed a new car.  I found a semi out of town, and I spent days fixing it up before retrieving my loot one night.

Now I have a semi with 2 welder tanks and ~1200 batteries put into it.   Has a mini fridge and should suffice for the moment.  I say as I think about all the poor, poor damage it will take as a lightly armored vehicle.  Unarmored I mean.

I swear.  This could even be novel for me.  With my experience with the game Ive developed a system of travel.  Out the back and diagonal aisle trunks for tire access.

Still no ammo.  Worse, an infected survivor deagled me in my chest and I lost my 00 rounds killing it.

Offline Inconspicuous

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12762 on: March 21, 2017, 05:28:23 PM »
Got my fabrication up to level 9 after finding all the good books early on. Made a couple homemade explosives, then tried lighting one and lobbing it at a shocker.

Never use grenades with little or no skill in throwing.

I blew my arm off, and now I'm waiting for it to heal. Sitting in my church base, eating junk food, deconstructing furniture, welding a machine gun to my RV.

The RV is fully covered in steel plating, and loaded up with books to read on the go. And some other junk I tossed in because I was to lazy to sort it out. I'll replace the trunk with a better storage thingy, maybe a cargo carrier? After that, I'll install a welding rig, then bring aboard my metalworking tools.

Offline AseaHeru

• Survivor
  • Looking for a way back into the Asylum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12763 on: March 22, 2017, 08:09:34 PM »
 Decided to do a meme run, as a displaced doughboy, to find out that someone make bayonets @&*$+!^ underbarrel mods again. Its, just... who keeps doing this and why?! It makes no logical sense, and means you cant shove a bayonet on the guns that make the most sense to have one on.
I am in your threads, leaving piles of transparent comments.

Offline Jericoshost

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #12764 on: March 22, 2017, 10:06:57 PM »
Well I took over a mansion that was near me when I started with the help of a full set of Plate Armor (Fits) I found.
Apparently I am a knight now, the apocalypse does things to people.
Got bumrushed by 5 Bandits and thugs armed with sticks, knives and armored leather jackets.
I beat them to death with the mace I found, barely taking any damage thanks to the armor.
(My stats are pretty good right now due to the library having a TON of good skill books)
So a pretty good first 5 days to start!