Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1417143 times)

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13335 on: August 10, 2017, 03:44:18 PM »
Pondering about water-proof gear at the moment. I'd like for my survivor to start being less practical about her clothing, right now it's a nomad suit and a survivor trenchcoat; decent defense, but not enough to protect her from a lot of threats. I'd want her to wear a suit, but at the same time I still want the practical effect of shielding her from rain. For most part, the head is safe as long as there's full coverage, but the torso and maybe the arms requires something that keeps the parts dry from rain - one reason why I went with the survivor trench coat due to coverage and that dry from rain thing.

Still, a suit would kinda clash with a trenchcoat, maybe? Hmmm, maybe not. Still, any alternatives to keep my survivor dry in the rain? Rain coats no - yellow ain't her color.

The game needs capes. Like a cloak, but no head coverage, and fancy.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline NOMOETOE

• NPC
  • FABULOUS rainbow magic magician
    • View Profile
« Reply #13336 on: August 10, 2017, 04:05:12 PM »
Started with the helicopter crash scenario as a military recruit, I walked towards the nearest road dealing with whatever wild life decided to attack me. Eventually night falls and I enter a town, it seems to be the vault town, I loot as much as I can while dodging and avoiding the zombies as much as I can, after things get a bit too dangerous I decided to just leave the town and move on. I came across a functioning electric car that was mostly intact, only has 8% battery power though so I cant go too far with it.

After traveling and scavenging along the road I hit the end of it and all I find is a swamp, great, my car has also ran out of power, also great. At this point I'm torn between abandoning it due to its slow recharge or just hanging around and foraging and building up a few skills and let the cars charge build up.

Also, just for the fun of it I had 1000% speed creatures in a test world. It was terrifying, Zombie hulks were running at a little over 100 miles per hour.
Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to stay alive.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13337 on: August 10, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »
Hm. Boxing's cross counter attack is actually a counter attack now, like how you can just stand around doing nothing or anything else and it'll attack anything who tries to hit you.

Very potent at well. Like, using Muay Thai, my survivor gets 60-70 on a critical hit. When cross-counter happens, normal damage is 50 and critical damage is a very potent 100. Surprisingly, it does more damage without a weapon than wielding something like a punch dagger.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13338 on: August 10, 2017, 08:40:59 PM »
I was able to get A second engine into my vehicle even found a light tank and gave it treads. Though I have over built it and need to strip some parts off when I get to another secure base. Needed some way to carry those extra treads and guns. Most of The town of Slayton is cleared out, a few residential blocks and bars still have loot but the important stuff is picked up.

I managed to find another town to the south, the main road into it was blockaded by a Tank Drone, but My deathmobile made short work of it. Not to far behind it was a main battle tank, I might tear it down to use as building materials.

As it is though I have holed up in a Waffle house about a click away from the edge of town over a nice empty field. It's late spring but I planted some crops regardless. Hopefully I will get some more veges in my diet. Dog haggis and pancakes are starting to wear on me, plus its not the healthiest of foods. Trying to decide how I want to go about bringing the rest of my survivors down here.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13339 on: August 11, 2017, 05:59:18 AM »
Found an easter egg of sorts. Too much of a coincidence to not be.

Running around exploring a neighborhood. First found like 30 zombie dogs of different types. Then nearby I find a human corpse. No name, so not a NPC survivor who got unlucky. Rather surprising to find a human corpse on the surface that's not in a hospital.

Then I notice it's clothing; a full set of clean and undamaged mail carrier gear. A mailman and dogs, huh...

Offline Adragis029

• NPC
  • Mutant Mutant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13340 on: August 11, 2017, 10:39:04 AM »
They're everywhere in some towns.

Fun fact: once had a town where every single one of the four houses had a mailman corpse. I like to think that every morning they'd deliver each others' mail.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13341 on: August 11, 2017, 03:30:57 PM »
Found an easter egg of sorts. Too much of a coincidence to not be.

Running around exploring a neighborhood. First found like 30 zombie dogs of different types. Then nearby I find a human corpse. No name, so not a NPC survivor who got unlucky. Rather surprising to find a human corpse on the surface that's not in a hospital.

Then I notice it's clothing; a full set of clean and undamaged mail carrier gear. A mailman and dogs, huh...

Yes, there are "dog" houses with a lot of zombie dogs of various types in a fenced yard in the back, and there's often a dead mail carrier in there.  It's one of the more generic easter eggs - most of the rest seem to be a reference to something more specific.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13342 on: August 11, 2017, 06:52:36 PM »
Picture this: a survivor on a unicycle while having a boxing stance - because you can totally still counter attack things while driving. It's hilarious.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13343 on: August 11, 2017, 11:49:33 PM »
Picture this: a survivor on a unicycle while having a boxing stance - because you can totally still counter attack things while driving. It's hilarious.
I could have sworn there is an image of that somewhere.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13344 on: August 12, 2017, 03:44:47 AM »
I picture the stance as the Victorian gloveless backward leaning one, rather than the modern forward crouching one.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13345 on: August 12, 2017, 06:18:57 AM »
I found an apple orchard and on the last day of Autumn picked 400+ apples. There were more, but my duffel bag and cart could only hold so much, as it was a place difficult to drive to.

my auto hotkey macro for apple picking:
Code: [Select]
F12::
main ()
{
block = 3
loop %block% {
pkapl(6)
pkapl(7)
pkapl(6)
pkapl(5)
}
block := 24 * block
loop %block% {
Send, l
Sleep, 300
}
}

pkapl(step)
{
Send, e
Sleep, 100
Send, 2
Sleep, 100
Send, +y
Sleep, 500
Send, `,
Sleep, 500
loop %step% {
Send, h
Sleep, 300
}
}
Return

One starts by standing north to the eastern-most apple tree of a line. Press F12 and the pc starts picking. He will end up about where he starts, with arms and bags full of apples.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13346 on: August 12, 2017, 08:08:51 AM »
625 land mines disarmed on the big military outpost.
2 mines blown up by zombie dogs.
0 mines blown up by survivor due to disarm failure.

Getting trapping to 10 was very beneficial. All those goo pits helped out.

Not sure if dexterity plays a role, but got an artifact which gives +4 to that stat when carried (or worn in a sheath). Negative effects only show when it's wielded, so no problems there.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13347 on: August 12, 2017, 09:08:54 AM »
On heck of a close call. So, you can eat with internal furnace active grenades and C4s, which is my usual tactic against grenadiers and elites when I'm too lazy to drain them of their hacks. However, I didn't realize that elites could drop active mininukes, which I assumed that at most they drop C4... and mininukes can't be eaten.

So, quickly picked the nuke up, fired up hydraulic muscles and threw it as far as possible then ran at the opposite direction. Blast caught my survivor at the very edge, though no damage was done. If I didn't use the hydraulic muscles she probably would have been seriously damaged, or blown to bits. Whew.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13348 on: August 12, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »
That's exciting escape! But why does one walk to the corpse in the first place? Does the grenadier drop useful things, or you want to keep a bombless grenadier prisoner?

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13349 on: August 12, 2017, 09:40:00 AM »
It gets too tedious to wait around, and there's other bodies nearby that I want to loot, and I don't want the possibility of the bombs destroying them.