Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1416522 times)

Offline TheWumpus

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13380 on: August 15, 2017, 01:55:26 PM »
Oh, how shameful. My survivor was repairing her vehicle, when a NPC showed up. Friendly/neutral one, didn't really threaten my survivor, so I left him be.

Then in the middle of car repairs (which can't be stopped unless creatures are going near/attacking), the NPC decided it would be wise to look through my survivor's stuff. It wasn't. The moment the repair was done, chased the NPC and used the weapon my survivor was wielding, a combat chainsaw.

Four critical hits. 150 damage more or less on each hit. NPC is still alive, so I assumed that the limbs were hit by the chainsaw and not the head or the torso. Whatever the case was, the fifth hit was the killing blow.

The things the NPC stole? A metalworking chisel.

Heh heh, whoops. Perhaps I should have let that NPC go on his way, or recruited him to become one of my survivor's slaves. I mean, she used to kill any NPC she came across, but recently I've been trying to be all diplomatic and friendly to any NPC encountered out there, aside from the permanently hostile bandits and any wandering NPC foolish enough to declare a spot their territory/threaten to rob my survivor... but hey, old habits die hard.

All NPCs are the enemy.
All NPCs must be destroyed on sight.
All NPCs must be butchered and eaten.
All Nuclear missiles must be launched at EVAC shelters.

That is all.
"I carved a French number puzzle into my chest for some weary survivor to solve and bled to death." -Closet Pankin

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13381 on: August 15, 2017, 04:43:20 PM »
Currently enjoying the use of the circular saw. In terms of chainsaws, it's the weakest out of all of them (wait, turns out the hedge trimmer is). It definitely lacks the punch of the chainsaw lajatang, but is a whole lot lighter and faster to use. It's lack of accuracy is the same for all the other chainsaw weapons, but with my survivor's close-range skills it doesn't really matter.

Furthermore, it can be hooked up to a UPS unlike the chainsaw lajatang and combat chainsaw, so I don't have to turn it off when smashing a lot of corpses and I don't need to carry extra gasoline for extended fights.

With that in mind, I decided to take the plunge and make it the first diamond-coated weapon my survivor has. 2 bash and 71 cut when active, not bad at all. With Eskrima's passive bonus to bashing damage, criticals can hit up to 150 on a hulk.

'course, other weapons are far more practical and do just as much or better DPS, but come on, spinning metal blades are freaking awesome.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13382 on: August 15, 2017, 06:05:53 PM »
Currently enjoying the use of the circular saw. In terms of chainsaws, it's the weakest out of all of them (wait, turns out the hedge trimmer is). It definitely lacks the punch of the chainsaw lajatang, but is a whole lot lighter and faster to use. It's lack of accuracy is the same for all the other chainsaw weapons, but with my survivor's close-range skills it doesn't really matter.

Furthermore, it can be hooked up to a UPS unlike the chainsaw lajatang and combat chainsaw, so I don't have to turn it off when smashing a lot of corpses and I don't need to carry extra gasoline for extended fights.

With that in mind, I decided to take the plunge and make it the first diamond-coated weapon my survivor has. 2 bash and 71 cut when active, not bad at all. With Eskrima's passive bonus to bashing damage, criticals can hit up to 150 on a hulk.

'course, other weapons are far more practical and do just as much or better DPS, but come on, spinning metal blades are freaking awesome.
When turned on doesn't it also have 60 butchering quality? This is mainly important if it is in any way possible to get hide from anything you butcher.

Offline Kevin Granade

• Administrator
  • Survivor
  • I code dead people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13383 on: August 15, 2017, 10:45:08 PM »
One thing I noticed; giant ants seem oddly passive. The soldier ones are aggressive, but the standard non-soldiers only attack once in a while.
Ants are in fact blind (or just really nearsighted, can't remember which).
Worker ants are also very non-agressive.
Its like a fun family cookout, except your family is burning in flames while trying to eat you. -secretfire
I'm more excited than a survivor on meth and toast'ems. -Nighthawk
The the giant wasp is slammed through the zombie brute!

Offline TooDAMNMuch

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13384 on: August 16, 2017, 08:24:00 AM »
just the usual stuff, crater with golden object that had fire dancing around it.
1. disassemble lockers 2. disassemble broken console in the southeast corner 3. you now have the materials to craft a metal funnel, 60L tank and a brazier 4. find a second shelter or rip another 60L out of a car 5. you now have infinite clean water
people ask THAT often.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13385 on: August 16, 2017, 08:35:32 AM »
In ascii, the fire is 5 while normal fire is 4.

This fire is greater than earthly fire.

edit: you can't cook food with this fire.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:07:02 PM by §k »

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13386 on: August 16, 2017, 01:09:21 PM »

It is not many, but happens to be the number of this year when I looked.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #13387 on: August 16, 2017, 02:21:11 PM »
Oh no, you've created a new mandatory 'only 1 kill per year' ruleset for yourself. Essentially pacifist mode!
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13388 on: August 16, 2017, 03:21:18 PM »
New goal: KILL COUNT: 20171231 by the end of year.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13389 on: August 16, 2017, 03:45:26 PM »
XD Well, back to trying to get a random survivor to survive long enough to experience some mid-late game content. Note to self: stop making stupid mistakes.
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13390 on: August 16, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
XD Well, back to trying to get a random survivor to survive long enough to experience some mid-late game content. Note to self: stop making stupid mistakes.
Current goal using a rando to try and get the road runner mutation.

Offline Litppunk

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13391 on: August 16, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
hmm. Not seen that yet.

Lost one of my more recent playthroughs in the transition from OSX to Linux mint.

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13392 on: August 16, 2017, 04:48:50 PM »
Found another artifact in the field... two of them. One summons bugs and recharges with pain - already have that, though the first one summons bugs and causes pain while recharging via time.

The other artifact found provides +4 to perception in exchange for random teleporting occasionally... and I already have one of that with the exact same effects. Different names; new one is a moving pin while the old one is a whispering crescent.

Total of +8 to perception... not bad at all, though the random teleport is annoying and I'm somewhat worried about teleporting into a wall and dying.
Strawberry Surprise: it's a meal, drink, morale booster, painkiller, ethanol burner fuel, and coping mechanism in one gulp!

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13393 on: August 16, 2017, 05:42:11 PM »
Found another artifact in the field... two of them. One summons bugs and recharges with pain - already have that, though the first one summons bugs and causes pain while recharging via time.

The other artifact found provides +4 to perception in exchange for random teleporting occasionally... and I already have one of that with the exact same effects. Different names; new one is a moving pin while the old one is a whispering crescent.

Total of +8 to perception... not bad at all, though the random teleport is annoying and I'm somewhat worried about teleporting into a wall and dying.
Don't you get killed if you also teleport into a mob? If so I would recommend removing it if you intend to either fight large hordes or go underground.
Actually what would happen if you were to get teleported out of your vehicle while you are driving?

Offline Azrad

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13394 on: August 16, 2017, 07:58:27 PM »
Found a book with recipes for tank ammo. Was wondering what electric primers were for... anyway, not as crazy powerful as the factory-made tank ammo. Chain gun ammo is tempting, though.