Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1374988 times)

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13530 on: September 12, 2017, 02:16:39 AM »
Got my legs melted off again. I need to find some better armor before I go and fight any more thousand-strong hordes.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13531 on: September 12, 2017, 03:53:13 AM »
Got my legs melted off again. I need to find some better armor before I go and fight any more thousand-strong hordes.

How often do you take damage in general? From your description I assume that this situation was from Acid, which can be basically unavoidable, but I'm curious as to what sorts of other things actually threaten MMR.

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #13532 on: September 12, 2017, 04:30:40 AM »
heat should still.

ummmm, hey, why am i suddenly drinking mutagen and not needing a syringe?

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13533 on: September 12, 2017, 06:04:29 AM »

Pretty sure thats normal. Serums require a syringe, but I don't think regular mutagen does.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13534 on: September 12, 2017, 06:44:32 AM »
heat should still.

Serums only. That is kinda the reason why serums were determined as a more effective means of administering mutagen by the science teams.

Offline i2amroy

• Contributor
  • Survivor
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13535 on: September 12, 2017, 07:55:36 AM »
heat should still.
Mycus fireproofing renders most forms of heat pretty harmless (which is kind of a hilarious trait for the Mycus faction considering they literally turn the ground into a giant blaze waiting to happen XD).

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13536 on: September 12, 2017, 12:57:30 PM »
heat should still.
Mycus fireproofing renders most forms of heat pretty harmless (which is kind of a hilarious trait for the Mycus faction considering they literally turn the ground into a giant blaze waiting to happen XD).

Yeah, I get the feeling that mutation was added in as an excuse to give the mutation line more negative traits (it cuts speed by a significant margin. Either that or there were originally plans to make all mycus fireproof, but nobody got around to them.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13537 on: September 12, 2017, 03:52:39 PM »
heat should still.

Yeah, I get the feeling that mutation was added in as an excuse to give the mutation line more negative traits (it cuts speed by a significant margin. Either that or there were originally plans to make all mycus fireproof, but nobody got around to them.

That would suck SO BAD.  Fire is the primary way to deal with fungal terrain - nothing else is really even worth considering.

Though I suppose you could make the fungal UNITS fireproof, but the terrain still flammable... that might actually make sense.  I don't really kill the fungaloids with fire very often, just the terrain.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13538 on: September 12, 2017, 09:45:16 PM »
How often do you take damage in general? From your description I assume that this situation was from Acid, which can be basically unavoidable, but I'm curious as to what sorts of other things actually threaten MMR.
1. Acid
2. Everything that would threaten a normal survivor when I'm at 1000+ pain from acid
I nearly died from a zombie grenadier because I was at 2000 pain and couldn't shoot down the hacks fast enough.

heat should still.
Heat =/= fire. I'm fireproof, meaning I can't catch fire and my stuff doesn't take damage from it. I still need Repair Nanobots to survive standing in a blaze, since the heat makes me sweat and take damage. I lit a house on fire and stood in it in order to escape the horde that melted my legs off most recently.

Yeah, I get the feeling that mutation was added in as an excuse to give the mutation line more negative traits (it cuts speed by a significant margin.
I am so slow. Sooo slow. Fireproofing and my tendency to overdo it on the chest encumbrance let crawling zombies outrun me.

Either that or there were originally plans to make all mycus fireproof, but nobody got around to them.
That would suck SO BAD.  Fire is the primary way to deal with fungal terrain - nothing else is really even worth considering.

Though I suppose you could make the fungal UNITS fireproof, but the terrain still flammable... that might actually make sense.  I don't really kill the fungaloids with fire very often, just the terrain.
It's because fungal spires and such are fireproof. Ever tried to burn one? Ever tried to burn a giant fungal blossom?
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline deoxy

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13539 on: September 12, 2017, 11:49:15 PM »
Either that or there were originally plans to make all mycus fireproof, but nobody got around to them.

It's because fungal spires and such are fireproof. Ever tried to burn one? Ever tried to burn a giant fungal blossom?

The spires are the only thing that is actually fireproof - the hedges take damage, the fungaloids take damage, the fungal-whatevers take damage, the blossoms take take damage, heck, I would expect even the giant blossom would take damage (otherwise, why bother putting the fire out?).  I've killed all of the above (save the giant one, of course) with fire incidentally to burning out the terrain (well, the blossoms are often at least somewhat intentional).

Making them fireproof wouldn't be TOO terrible... blossoms are easy to kill, fungal-whatevers don't spread the terrain... only the fungaloids themselves would really be all that annoying as they would make more terrain as the fire passed.  Of course, that would actually make sense, it would just be terribly annoying.
This is the text that goes under the post, and there ^ is the post, so this is where it goes.

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13540 on: September 13, 2017, 12:20:39 AM »
Currently have access to 2 artifacts. a Fractal Teardrop which boosts all stats in exchange for random teleportation. The second one is a glittering jelly that gives a reveal area in exchange for one of my mutations as in a purifier effect (I don't remember if a purifier effect is considered good or bad for artifacts so it is unknown if it has any other effects at the moment).

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13541 on: September 13, 2017, 12:30:39 AM »
It might be counter-mutating but not purifying, so it's bad effect.

edit: It's winter solstice. I burnt a fungal flower. At first, the blossom kept puffing out hazy cloud which put out the fire. Everything else was burnt. A circle of fire formed around it but could not progress. I went away and came back the next morning. It was all burnt. I don't know what happened.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 09:12:11 AM by §k »

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13542 on: September 13, 2017, 04:53:38 PM »
For shits and giggles I made a rideable folding grocery cart, usually I just go with a cargo carrier on caster wheels but I wanted something different.

It starts with 2 foldable light frames, one foldable grocery cart, a set of pedals a saddle a set of handle bars, and a set of wheel chair wheels.

I looked at my crazy invention and then burst into laughter, I made a pedal powered segway... I give you the Pedway.

My Survivor can get up to 23 mph on it and it easily carries a cart full of stuff. Highly maneuverable, foldable, only weighs 40 lbs and takes up 18qts of volume.

Online Litppunk

• Survivor
  • Laughing at death: the answer to impossible
    • View Profile
« Reply #13543 on: September 13, 2017, 05:18:53 PM »
lacks v8 engines for squirrel murder mode. FUn lacking 2 star. :/

:P
Feeds both of grandpas wolves, and but doesn't let them fight; Then saves the car full of cash sells it and starts an orphanage, anti-railroad-tying shenanigans-organization and invests.

Offline NuG

• NPC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13544 on: September 13, 2017, 11:47:51 PM »
My bioprepper, named 'NuG', is still doing well! Him and his, now 5, followers are about to hit the season of fall(on 90 day seasons). I've managed to install some bionics on two separate occasions now. I disassembled all of the regular power storage CBMs for  Power Storage Mark IIs by dissasembling them and crafting the latter, and my power in ~2500 now. He also has a number of other bionics including; Solar Panels, Metabolic Interchange, Internal Furnace, Battery System, Alarm System, Optical Dampeners, Dialectic Capacitance, Blood Analysis, and Chest Cavity.. as well as his original. We did fail one installation for Heat Dissipation CBM, but luckily without incident, and just lost the bionic. I can sleep all night with my Alarm System active and have power left over, which is nice. We have an Electric Car and Cargo truck with tons of solar power and batteries. I put Extra Battery Mods on a dehydrator and vacuum sealer among many other tools at the base, and have been drying and smoking/drying/vacuum sealing meat, vegetables, and fruit. I have about 300 Pemmican ready to eat when on adventures, among tons of the dried goods, like 500 meat jerky or something silly, and somewhere around that in the fruits and veggies preserved. I'm not going to run out of food this winter.. at least I hope not. We also have about 10 rows of different foods planted outside that are starting to ripen for harvest..

We have done some small clearing of parts of the surrounding cities. We killed, among the regular-ish undead, a couple Shocker's and Hulks and Shocker Hulks! The pneumatic bolt driver is working great! I have been leveling my rifles and marksman the best I can by just carrying tons of bolts and firing at enemies near the edge of my range. I do miss a bunch, but am getting better and better with the practice.

We're not sure if were going to stay where we are,  move, or just try and build a death mobile while at this base and then travel. There's been talk about all of the above, but no final decision made yet.