Author Topic: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?  (Read 1377165 times)

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
Re: What's Happening in YOUR Randomly-generated Apocalypse?
« Reply #13545 on: September 14, 2017, 12:19:16 AM »
Found a marine helmet inside a police station outside a huge city with a hell citadel near enough for mancubi to clear out the area.

I then proceded to the generator room, where a secubot was stuck behind some pits, and got shot up running up on it so I could shotgun it.  Killing the generator was easy after though.

So now I have no torso health, but I do have a prm marine helmet, which is probs the best piece of armor, besides the plutonium powered suit, that I offer.  Its a filter mask with temp and time readings, block the sun glare, and has a ton  of sturdy armor.

Its a fair trade, and now Im continuing my quest to find a military humvee.

Offline Dishonored Archer

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13546 on: September 14, 2017, 12:48:47 AM »
Drank 5 mutagen having Robust Genetics: 3 of them no effect, next two I get Carnivore and Sunlight Dependant.

Talking about crappy RNG genetics....

Maybe I should commit suicide and play around as an survivalist with Genetic Chaos...

Offline SpadeDraco

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13547 on: September 14, 2017, 04:27:59 AM »
Drank 5 mutagen having Robust Genetics: 3 of them no effect, next two I get Carnivore and Sunlight Dependant.

Maybe I should commit suicide and play around as an survivalist with Genetic Chaos...

Always stick to targeted mutagens. The mutation pool is WAY too big to roll the dice on in most cases.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13548 on: September 14, 2017, 08:21:07 AM »

Mutagen isn't hard to make, if you want to, save scum. Otherwise just down as much mutagen (or targeted mutagen) as you can and then down some purifier and hope for the best.

Offline Kryxx

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13549 on: September 14, 2017, 03:00:23 PM »

Mutagen isn't hard to make, if you want to, save scum. Otherwise just down as much mutagen (or targeted mutagen) as you can and then down some purifier and hope for the best.

So act like you are drinking in college and then hope water and painkillers fix it in the morning.  Got it

Quote from: dharthoorn
IP laws are one first world problem a zombie apocalypse would solve and make the world a less ugly and especially less greedy place.

Offline §k

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13550 on: September 14, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »

Crawfish people's peninsula. It's cold and wet in the last days of winter, when I saw through heavy fog the rusty metal ruin that served as razorclaw's swamp castle.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13551 on: September 14, 2017, 08:18:31 PM »
Well I went back to the school where I had already grabbed all the books, even though i said I was done there. I did find a couple books I had not read(but already had the skill), the atomic book has some recipes in it I believe I didn't have though, so that is good. Two more NPCs joined, one died when we fought the last big surge. I hadn't given the new NPC any good gear yet, mainly a mask, and a bloater popped while I was using a door as a choke point, so they eventually went down before I could get them out of there. We smashed every corpse in the area and then the other NPC came along, so I have 4 NPCs with me and 3 or 4 back at home. For some reason the NPCs keep spawning with peoples last names I know IRL. Kinda upset the one died that was the name of a good friend IRL that died earlier this year, I usually don't get attached to the NPCs.. We did find a Probability Travel CBM in a bank vault, after finally finding a stethoscope in an ambulance. Now I'll have to go back to the few Vets and Dr. offices I had searched for a stethoscope in, and open them there safes I have marked on my map. Oh, we also got a police bot and a couple eye bots following us around, or were.. not sure where they ended up. I kept forgetting I had made a control laptop and been carrying it around, and just always shot the eyebots, since they ignore me(i found a detective badge and gave all my followers deputy badges lol, i think it stops them from going hostile, not 100% sure though) I actually made the police bot go into combat mode and let it patrol around while I slept.. I was worried it might turn hostile again(was told they would eventually, but not sure). The only downside is the alarm system CBM going off when it is nearby while sleeping, so I had to turn it off. It never did go hostile again though, and I eventually drove away from that location.

Still no lab in sight, but I haven't traveled terribly far from the EVAC where I originally spawned. With the road maps I found earlier in my run, I have a good idea of where some might be, but am not certain. I drove back to my base after we finished gatherig all the loot from the school, and it's 3 days until Fall. So we're going to unload and prepare for another adventure, if I don't take too long messing around at the base. Might try and grab some more crap from the woods before the season turns, but I have so much food stock piled it's not even funny.

Offline Funkmeister

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13552 on: September 14, 2017, 10:54:06 PM »
>Character before this one is samurai
>Does well until a spitter melts their legs off in garage, almost got welder station for electric suv
>Next char spawns in exact same town, was Bionic prepper cuz reasons
>currently turning Fire station into Home Station, have become Samurai of the Fist, burnt down house for future gardening

Oh yeah I play with hordes off, 31ish day seasons, and half evolution rate. I like some of the simulation aspects, alright?

Its like only 2 weeks into spring right now anyways

Offline Beetlecat

• Zombie Food
    • View Profile
« Reply #13553 on: September 14, 2017, 11:05:10 PM »
For shits and giggles I made a rideable folding grocery cart, usually I just go with a cargo carrier on caster wheels but I wanted something different.

It starts with 2 foldable light frames, one foldable grocery cart, a set of pedals a saddle a set of handle bars, and a set of wheel chair wheels.

I looked at my crazy invention and then burst into laughter, I made a pedal powered segway... I give you the Pedway.

My Survivor can get up to 23 mph on it and it easily carries a cart full of stuff. Highly maneuverable, foldable, only weighs 40 lbs and takes up 18qts of volume.

This is exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to try!

Now if I could only find some welding equipment... sheesh!

Offline TheFlame52

• Survivor
  • Forumite Summoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13554 on: September 15, 2017, 01:13:51 AM »
Made my first new character in years: Ratatouille the Gourmand ratman. He's trapped in a lab right now. I think I'm doing good on everything but food.
Quote from: Jarlaxle
All hail our new Over(powered) Lord TheFlame52
Quote from: Arek_PL
THEY CAN DAMAGE FLAME! WE ARE DOOMED!
Quote from: Jakers
Oh Marloss Man, you and your unstoppable rampages throughout the world.

Offline NuG

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13555 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:42 AM »
Just installed 2 more Mark II Power Storage CBMs, and the Probability Travel CBM, Adrenal Glands(or pump whatever it;s called), and Ethanol burner.. I don't know why I installed the ethanol burner since I already have Joint Torsion, Metabolic, Battery System, Internal Furnace and Solar Panels already.. ahahaha. I've had the Prob Travel one time before, but I only had 250 power that time, so I didn't get to use it much. I'm thinking I'm going to take my control laptop, my electrohack, and some EMP grenades over to the other military bunker I discovered a while back, but haven't looted due to only having Science ID cards, and bust that mofo open.. Maybe I'll find a lab over that way as well.
I did harvest the buckwheat that was ready to add to my pile of food that now has over 550 pemmican waiting for me :). I'm debating whether to just replant a bunch now, but not sure how that will work out.. Also, there are some tomatoes that are ready to pick, do you get the same amount when you pick it, or does it depend on how long you wait to pick it?

Offline DeWolf

• Survivor
  • STAY AWAY FROM MY PRETZELS
    • View Profile
« Reply #13556 on: September 15, 2017, 06:32:10 AM »
Broke into a strange temple via digging into the ground as I did not have a petrified eye. While I lost my survivor harness due to burning I was able to get one pretty damn good artifact with the other one being pretty much meh. The good one being THE HARP OF REPELLENT DREAMS which while wielded decreases dex by 3 but give psi shield and when activated it heals you while screaming and recharges by giving pain while also having 15 bashing damage, essentially free bandages (in terms of healing). The less good one is a Robe of Fungal Justice which when worn gives off light gives -3 strength and emits smoke, maybe good as a free crafting/reading light but other than that its just a stocking stuffer. Before this I apparently found a 1 level lab that was pretty bad as it had nothing but chemicals that I was actually in need of.

Offline Rot

• Survivor
  • Fresh like my groceries.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13557 on: September 15, 2017, 06:54:31 AM »
Made my first new character in years: Ratatouille the Gourmand ratman. He's trapped in a lab right now. I think I'm doing good on everything but food.

The adventure begins

Offline pisskop

• Survivor
  • So Noble he farts Helium
    • View Profile
« Reply #13558 on: September 15, 2017, 02:35:00 PM »
inb4 flame walks ratti into a horde intending to spore them and tank it

Offline TheKobold

• Survivor
  • A mischievous little draconic bastard
    • View Profile
« Reply #13559 on: September 15, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »
Found a town... sort of. Its one house at a clump of intersections, stuck between the new national guard camp, a mall and a ranch or farm off to the side...

To many zombies to deal with now but the looting on this exploration trip has been good so once I get back to base I should be able to gear up my guys and build a quick deathmobile. I think I'll try and lead the horde around the mall into the NGC. and see what kind of chaos it causes. May even move into this weird little town of westport.